Can I make a living out of Trading only?

Is it possible to earn a living out of trading only?

• Yes,its possible and I am full time trader with no other sources of income.

Votes: 95 69.9%
  • No, its not possible, at best trading can be done as a part time job only.

Votes: 41 30.1%

• Total voters

CASPER

:confused:
Can I make a living out of trading only, means can I make trading my sole income source and quit my regular job?
If thats possible what are the various factors to be considered before quitting the regular job?
Please share your thoughts and opinions.:)
I am planning to quit my job early, but it seems a dream to me.
How much capital is required approximately to go for full time trading?

Trump...,

There are many posts by Seniors in TJ in which you might find answers for your questions ..., Below is a recent Post by ST ... Hope it helps...

If i can find More of such posts shall bring them here...:D

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to the Original Post....

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/49521-thoughts-day-swing-trading-40.html#post584158

Last edited:

DanPickUp

Yes you can make a living out of trading :)

Know and understand your security you trade in detail.

Know your platform you use and feel comfortable with it, as it will be your daily software you use to make your money with.

Check the broker you work with in advance and do not use this account as a safe deposit account.

Build up some kind of friendship with the people from your broker as they execute your trades and some times even help you, when you make an order mistake.

Understand your self and know where are your weak points. Some of this weak points can affect your trading.

Love the place you will work and trade. If you like plants, put them in the room you trade and if you like to have a nice view, choose a room with a nice view.

Do some kind of sport beside trading, Your buddy may will be tired but your brain will be fit.

Just some adds to the already given information in the thread.

Good luck

DanPickUp

Subhadip

out of many posted here this makes real sense, others are philosophical at best.
Thats to know what works in the mkt instead of taking a plunge like that.:clapping:
Also what ever income from mkt should be more than what I earn from my job.
But my point was that how many of you are really doing it , but instead people started to give advices which are already available in plenty.:D
myself doing it

trading for living

best of luck
GOD BLESS US ALL
:clap::clapping::clap:

Subhadip

Yes you can make a living out of trading :)

Know and understand your security you trade in detail.

Know your platform you use and feel comfortable with it, as it will be your daily software you use to make your money with.

Check the broker you work with in advance and do not use this account as a safe deposit account.

Build up some kind of friendship with the people from your broker as they execute your trades and some times even help you, when you make an order mistake.

Understand your self and know where are your weak points. Some of this weak points can affect your trading.

Love the place you will work and trade. If you like plants, put them in the room you trade and if you like to have a nice view, choose a room with a nice view.

Do some kind of sport beside trading, Your buddy may will be tired but your brain will be fit.

Just some adds to the already given information in the thread.

Good luck

DanPickUp
great my dear friend DAN

:clapping:

Suppose you are able to make a living out of trading....
What will u say to the world that u r stock trader....
They will probably think that he is not capable of any other work this hurts if u r going for an arrange marriage ....... (I am saying this to look at all possible angles and not to look down upon any profession so no offence meant)....

intellibitz

:confused:
Can I make a living out of trading only, means can I make trading my sole income source and quit my regular job?
If thats possible what are the various factors to be considered before quitting the regular job?
Please share your thoughts and opinions.:)
I am planning to quit my job early, but it seems a dream to me.
How much capital is required approximately to go for full time trading?
1. Never quit regular job for trading.
2. Family depends on your regular income - Do not ever quit your regular job.
3. You are into trading either early, or late in life after you retire. Never jump in the middle. Have you heard of mid-life crisis?
4. 10k is sufficient probably.

Trading can either make or break your life. Its totally upon you.

Always remember that the failure rate is 95%
in case you are ypung 18 - 22/25 you can give it a shot but give other options open...
no one vil marry a trader unless he is super successful
in case u are midlife married vid kids and parents to take care...dont even think of leaving t job until and unless u make a decent income for 3 years in a row at least
i am sufffering this mid life crisis myself and its difficult .. my qualification is high that forced me to waste my golden years in some university to get a stable high paying job..
Although I managed a job but lost my soul.......job sucks big time but it pays the billl......
Wish one day i wud also resign from my job and do vat i love to do trading.... wish i cud be a 20 something again :(

Subhadip

Always remember that the failure rate is 95%
in case you are ypung 18 - 22/25 you can give it a shot but give other options open...
no one vil marry a trader unless he is super successful
in case u are midlife married vid kids and parents to take care...dont even think of leaving t job until and unless u make a decent income for 3 years in a row at least
i am sufffering this mid life crisis myself and its difficult .. my qualification is high that forced me to waste my golden years in some university to get a stable high paying job..
Although I managed a job but lost my soul.......job sucks big time but it pays the billl......
Wish one day i wud also resign from my job and do vat i love to do trading.... wish i cud be a 20 something again :(
:clapping::clapping::thumb: