Can anyone compare amibroker and metastock?

beginner_av

can anyone compare amibroker and metastock? someone told me metastock is easier to use...what is that supposed to mean? i believe in market competition...someone is paying a lot more for metastock than amibroker...why?

Hello,

I am also using Amibroker fo the past three years. So far it is the best i have come across.

The only other TA Programme which i would consider top of the list is Tradestation. Fantastic charts etc.

I had opportunity to try out many other leading softwares including metastock. Metastock is cumbersome to operate and is not very flexible for coding etc.But it has a very stable platform.

This does not mean other softwares are not useful or inferior quality. It all depends upon each ones individual preference and taste.

But from the point of view of cost, ease of use, colourful and attractive charts not a strain on eye, support, updates, ease of coding and compatability with realtime data vendors & eod data, scans for trade signals especially during intraday , stability of platform i would prefer amibroker. Of course there could be difference of opinion.

Regards
Saji

beginner_av

thx sudhir and saji...i use ami and know it is excellent..since i can write my own afls...after visiting viratech i was wondering if i was missing something (was made to feel so)