Best Equity Mutual Funds

Re: plzzzzzzzzz help in planning my investments

hi there, thanks a tonne for the info.

could u plz tell me one thing, i have and account in HDFC and ICICI, what are the SIP in MF i can take...........can i take the best options through them.......if not which banks are the best options through which i can go for SIP,i will try and open my account there.

i read in a few threads that good SIP otions are
DSP ML TOP 100
DSP ML EQUITY
DSP ML TIGER
HSBC EQUITY
HDFC 200
HDFC GROWTH
HDFC EQUITY
TATA INFRASTRUCTURE, SECTOR FUND
FRANKLIN TEMPLETON PRIMA FUND
RELIANCE GROWTH FUND
BIRLA SUN LIFE FRONTLINE
SUNDARAM
KOTAK 30
MAGNUM CONTRA
ICICI PRU INFRA

SOMEONE PLZ SUGGEST....HEY THE NAMES WRITTEN BY ME MAYBE WRONG,KINDLY IGNORE THE IGNORANCE AS I DNT KNOW MUCH ABT THEM BUT HAVE JUST STARTED LEARNING ABT THEM

ONE MORE THING IS ....DOES ANYONE KNOW ABT ZENITH INTERNATIONAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY..........PLZ SUGGEST ABT THIS COMPANY

REGARDS

Hello!
I agree with Deoria in choosing good MFs as investment tool.
You may complete 3yrs mandatory period in ULIP, then relocate money in MF.
Many of the threads here will guide u about making a good SIP portfolio.
Risk appetite is highly personal. Depends on ur age, financial liabilities/goals, earnings etc.
Even for retirement planning, do not go in for ULIPs. Carefully managed MF portfolio will give u more returns at the end.
Happy Investing!
mr india

Hi,

Read the list of all the MF's listed.....my advice is that don't invest in all of those...choose the best and invest in 04 to 05 good funds....

regards,
Apurva

hi if you want to invest 25k per month, then divide it into 5 funds thru SIP route. i give you the list and reason to invest. also advice to select 5 different days of month for auto debit facility. because we can't time the market but we can at least use the best advice to invest

1. Relaince Growth Fund (Combination of large and mid cap)
2. ICICI or Reliance banking Fund (Sectoral Fund)
3. ICICI Focused Equity or Kotak 30 (Pure Large Cap)
4. ICICI or TATA Infrastructure fund ( open ended infra fund)
5. HDFC Top 200 (Again An diversified equity Fund)

investment for 5-8 yrs in good diversified equity fund

can any one suggest me good diversified equity fund where ican invest for 5-8yr .fund should have history .and it should have provided 20 average annually return .is relinace good fund.

Re: investment for 5-8 yrs in good diversified equity fund

can any one suggest me good diversified equity fund where ican invest for 5-8yr .fund should have history .and it should have provided 20 average annually return .is relinace good fund.
Reliance Growth
Tata Pure Equity
DSP ML Equity
Magnum Contra
Birla Sunlife Frontline Equity

Re: investment for 5-8 yrs in good diversified equity fund

What exactly is the meaning of returns here? Is it the increase in the value of the portfolio or are there some monthly/annual returns provided to the investor?

Selecting the right mutual fund, especially in the equity segment, is a challenge.

But, deciding which option to go for (dividend payout, dividend reinvestment, growth option) is as critical. Let's work on that.

Equity funds - Growth option

Under this option, no dividend is declared and the Net Asset Value moves up and down depending on the market movement.

You end up paying tax only when you sell your units. The rate of tax depends on the period for which you held the units.

Let's say you sold your units (redeemed them) within 12 months of buying (date of investment). You will have to pay short-term capital gains. This is a flat rate of 10%.

If you redeem the units after 12 months, you will have to contend with long-term capital gains. As per the current tax laws, this is nil.

While most investors may be clear about this, they are unsure about the right time to book profits (sell your units at a profit). And, it is essential to sell to rebalance your portfolio to the original asset allocation.

Asset allocation is a method by which one decides the percent of total investments (exposure) to different asset classes such as equities (shares) and debt (fixed-return).

So, when the value of your equity funds grows over a period of time, your exposure to that asset class increases.

Remember, the key to success in equity investing is to book profits periodically, even if you are a long-term investor.

Undoubtedly, the growth option can be described as the best as it advocates long term investing. However, investors have had mixed experiences over a period of time.

There have been occasions when investors have sold their units (exit) only to see the NAV scale greater heights. Or, they may exit in panic when they see the NAV spiral downwards.

Selecting the right mutual fund, especially in the equity segment, is a challenge.

But, deciding which option to go for (dividend payout, dividend reinvestment, growth option) is as critical. Let's work on that.

Equity funds - Growth option

Under this option, no dividend is declared and the Net Asset Value moves up and down depending on the market movement.

You end up paying tax only when you sell your units. The rate of tax depends on the period for which you held the units.

Let's say you sold your units (redeemed them) within 12 months of buying (date of investment). You will have to pay short-term capital gains. This is a flat rate of 10%.

If you redeem the units after 12 months, you will have to contend with long-term capital gains. As per the current tax laws, this is nil.

While most investors may be clear about this, they are unsure about the right time to book profits (sell your units at a profit). And, it is essential to sell to rebalance your portfolio to the original asset allocation.

Asset allocation is a method by which one decides the percent of total investments (exposure) to different asset classes such as equities (shares) and debt (fixed-return).

So, when the value of your equity funds grows over a period of time, your exposure to that asset class increases.

Remember, the key to success in equity investing is to book profits periodically, even if you are a long-term investor.

Undoubtedly, the growth option can be described as the best as it advocates long term investing. However, investors have had mixed experiences over a period of time.

There have been occasions when investors have sold their units (exit) only to see the NAV scale greater heights. Or, they may exit in panic when they see the NAV spiral downwards.
Hello!
As far as I know, short term capital gain tax on equities is currently 15% n not 10%.
mr india