Beginners Guide

jcpassion

Hello dost ... thanks for the info.
Just a request when u tell about the trends( uptrend, downtrend, rally, pivot), please include graphs for better understanding. It will be very easy for us novices to understand the trends with graphical description.
Awaiting ur lesson....:)

rajputz

Uptrends - Profit Signal for Buying Oppertunities

Uptrends

Generally the price of the stock moves up and down in small movement over a period of time. for a few moments it increases suddenly and comes down and again will rise in small amounts and some times large amount alos. we can say that the price of the stock is RISING if it is in uptrend for timebeind. Even though the price is fluctuating by moving up and down, if the price is in uptrend we can say that it has potential to move higher. In the price chart if the successive bottoms are higher then preceding bottoms, THE PRICE IS SAID TO BE IN UPTREND. A line drawn connecting successive bottoms is called uptrend.

The uptrend indicates that for the time being the forces of demand are stronger then the forces of supply and there more buyers for the stock then their are sellers.

In an uptrend the top position have no importance in respect of the establishment of an uptrend. if the successive bottoms are higher then the preceding ones you can conclude that the price of the stock is in uptrend.
For an example consider the example chart from one book: -

UPTREND BREAKTHROUGH
The uptrend may change or reverse at any time and the forces of supply can dominate the forces of demand. when this happens the price trend breaks the uptrend line and moves below the uptrend line.

jcpassion

And when u say , " and when there is no uptrend" --- the graph shown above does it mean it is not showing any particular trend ?

jcpassion

When the price trend breaks the uptrend does it imply that downtrend has begun ?
I m sorry if its a bit early to ask this question.

rajputz

When the price trend breaks the uptrend does it imply that downtrend has begun ?
I m sorry if its a bit early to ask this question.
It does not always mean that downtrend has started,. Some times after breaking the uptrend the stock may start the uptrend from new start. I.e. Making new second higher bottom, then third higher bottom, then fourth and then may breakthrough, aur even start a downtrend. An intraday fluctuation of the stock can be any thing...u just need to identify....all you neeed to do is identify it. I will tell the downtrend with examples in next post. It is exact opposite of uptrend with lower tops defining the downtrend.

rajputz

And when u say , " and when there is no uptrend" --- the graph shown above does it mean it is not showing any particular trend ?
It means that it is in no trend...neither up or down. When their is no pattern confirmed, we do not enter into the trades...you can see that it not making any higher bottoms, so uptrend failed to establish. We do not consider this share at the moment in any trend

tvrssvk

Rajputz/AW10.

What is AFL....is it very much necessary in trading stocks......I guess AFL code is used in stock screening purpose...am I right?....please clarify.....

sorry for being off topic......

rajputz

Rajputz/AW10.

What is AFL....is it very much necessary in trading stocks......I guess AFL code is used in stock screening purpose...am I right?....please clarify.....

sorry for being off topic......
hi tvrsvk,

i dont know much abt amibroker and afl is term used in afl. i have tried to use the amibroker many times but couldnt setup it for eod purpose also, database erros is what i get with all the methods that i have tried yet told by many advanced traders.....

afl is amibroker formula language. it is a c++ type or based coding that can be used in amibroker, to configure the amibroker the way we want. we can generate buy and sell signal automatically when particular condition according to the coding of the afl is met. Like one may set the buy signal at when RSI>50, Stochastic>50 (just for an example). So AFL is for i think very advanced users who know C++ at backhand or know how to use amibroker efficiently....i havent used it yet....

tvrssvk

One more question Rajputz/AW10

I have come across seniors mentioning below:

strategy works best in trending market but not in Range bound market.

I know trending market would be uptrend or downtrend.

Would you please clarify range bound market.