Bank bees

Mr.G

Wonderful!! I agree with you on this. Now I realize one of my mistake. I did not automatically link word "SIP" to a Mutual Fund because I believe that regular planned investing can be done without help of any fund manager. All one needs is commitment and funds allocation.
Commitment and funds and most importantly is skills. Investing is not a simple and straight forward task, average investor cannot invest. That is why fundamental analysis is looked down upon by retailers. It is just not possible as fundamental analysis is just a deep research career that needs its own time. Retailers should always always take help of a CFA in investing like he takes help of CA in auditing and tax

How? Sir!! How? Is there any reliable and economical source for a normal investor to be even be within 10-20% of the depression? I have been thru every dividend publishing site and all I gets is overload of info. I am one of the crazy fellow who sit whole nights to read all that trash and 90% is meant to confuse and intimidate average Joe into either running away or placing money in hands of incompetent fund manager that you've so succulently described.
Most websites give basic information only, you might have read in the disclaimer that it is for education purposes only and not for use. Deeper information can only be gotten by studying religiously. That information then has to be used with your own personal style, and you can make money with ease. Learning curve is as long as that of becoming a master trader from a novice.

Honestly, do not understand the finer difference. Growth investing gets advertised as Fundamental Investing. I will see if I can find adverts where I had seen this.
http://ghanishtnagpal.com/value-vs-growth-vs-income-investing-style-best/ follow this link for a primer on all the popular investing styles. :thumb:

If I never purchased XYZ in my life, what the .... do I know if its value is 1000 Rs or 10Rs. Face value of 90% of traded equity is 10Rs or less. P/E ratio means nothing to me.
Face value represents the starting capital of the firms, if the firm is profitable then book value will be more than face value, so face value is not of ANY concern. If price is higher than book value then we look at intangibles, as all tangibles are included in book value. The detail in investing is to adjust all those numbers for "possible financial manipulation, overestimation of profit, underestimation of loss, depreciation, good will on book and much more" They dont teach you that on the web. There are many valuation methods that you can use. I have given outline of all methods http://ghanishtnagpal.com/art-stock-valuation-5-methods-work/

You mean there are Good qualified analyst that we can find who will somehow not follow the industry tag and give you proper advice and treat investor's money as his own?
There are many "underground" LLPs which invest money for clients, fund managers have a big share in those LLPs and have a profit and loss sharing policy. (Its illegal to manage funds without paying freakin 1lakh every month + registration fee to freakin SEBI, this is a loophole)

Finally, let me get this straight, You mean to tell me that average Joe Blow should put his money in safe band FD/RD until market has crashed and then when it has crashed enough, he/she should liquidate his FDs and buy the stocks while he sees blood on streets while everyone else he knows (except few invisible Hawks) are shitting in their pants?
YES my friend! What is the logic behind buying in a increasing or stagnating market?! So keep your money in a place where you get highest return. ie RD,why RD and not FD? Because RD simulates the SIP effects and makes you habit of saving regularly. (all advice i give is well thought of, I may be a wimp in technical analysis but I am confident with my investment advice) Liquidate RD when the market is below market price and buy in and hold tight through all the ****, this is one of the most effective ways to make money, you are buying low and selling high. Dont give in to the emotions, Just close your eyes and think everyone has gone retarded.

For people who give example of satyam and say you will lose all your money. here is a link to learn asset allocation. http://ghanishtnagpal.com/asset-allocation-works/

I hope you will ask more. I really love it when people ask me stuff related to investing. I am not trying to promote my website. There is just so much information there that I would like people to read.

aryan.

Even before I seriously started looking at trading, I've dabbled in NIFTYBEES and JUNIORBEES from which I've had dividends but for the most of my time I've held 'em they've remain in red capital-wise so they are not like mutual fund. On the whole, they are not as rosy as they are made to appear !!
What was the Nifty PE when you bought them. If bought Nifty Bees when the Nifty PE was above 22 you wont get much returns from Nifty Bees.

Buy Nifty Bees when Nifty PE is less than 16 and then you will get a superb return with low risk.

NSE Nifty P/E, P/B, Dividend Yield Yearly Chart

mastermind007

What was the Nifty PE when you bought them. If bought Nifty Bees when the Nifty PE was above 22 you wont get much returns from Nifty Bees.

Buy Nifty Bees when Nifty PE is less than 16 and then you will get a superb return with low risk.

NSE Nifty P/E, P/B, Dividend Yield Yearly Chart
Bought it religiously (;)) from 2006 to 2008, on a fixed date, fixed amount. Sold all of it @ start of slowdown due to some family need. Never used services of any fund manager; although it was some fund manager only who told me about NIFTYBEES.

In those days, had never even looked at P/E. Was in a full time, back breaking 16 hour per day job. Nevertheless, I guess my average P/E in that time frame was about 20; below 22.

Thank you for the website. It is a gem!!!

mastermind007

Found a damn Good website with treasure trove of Fundamental Analysis of desi scrips at dynamiclevels.com; Signing up is free. Data cannot be cut-pasted from their site. They also happen to offer free over-the-net basic training ...

Dynamic level is also a broker but opening a trading account with them is not necessary to use FA stuff on their website.

Would request our inhouse FA Giant Mr. G to go thru the stuff and provide tipso on how to hunt down some good apples and bad apples....

Ok, let the long-term guy answer this.

See nifty and bank nifty ETF are good investments if you dont want to build accelerated wealth and want mediocre performance with the market.

You are talking about long term, so i will assume you are committed for the next 2 decades. Tax-free is that you will be holding and holding.

I recommend that you don't start an SIP as that is industry gimmick, best way to invest for long term in stocks is to buy in depression, not normal times and certainly not in a bull market.

Save money in a recurring deposit in either a bank or post office. As soon as there is a crash you can buy in. Then start the cycle again.

You will get benefit of both fixed-income from recurring deposit and the bull effect of stocks rally after crash.

I know what I am talking about. ( I know I won't get any thanks, people dont thank me even if I am right)
I would suggest buy bankbees and earn weekly very good returns....just sell OTM call options in banknifty every week...keep bankbees in holding and do this...that will give u good weekly returns week after week....