balrampur chini

Hey Manoj,
Those were really comforting words.. I'll make up for the losses in the Rolta stocks I hold.. I bought them at 176 and its trading above 125 today.....:)

Thanks

Dominic

Last edited:
Hey Manoj,
Those were really comforting words.. I'll make up for the losses in the Rolta stocks I hold.. I bought them at 176 and its trading above 125 today.....:)

Thanks

Dominic
Hi,

I believe you mean Rolta is at 225/- right?
Great going. All the best.
Just to share: Rolta is OverBought, consider booking some profits!

Regards

MANOJ

shrinivas

Hey Manoj,

Thanks

Dominic
Dominic,

I was just going thru this mail...

It is better to sell rolta at current levels and enter at lower levels thus covering your losses.

all the best

ganeshhity

Hey Manoj and Ganeshhity,
I sometimes find it difficult to narrow down on stocks and chose the best picks.
what I usually do is follow some of the recommendation on CNBC, Sharekhan, Business Line (Sunday). Follow those stocks for a period of time on StockTick and Watch list of moneycontrol. and then if I find some stock that is well within the range I wanted to buy go ahead and I buy say 1/3 of what I wanted to buy and maybe add at every decline.

Is this approach OK and how do you guys go about it. I do not understand technocals andpicked up a little in TraderJi.

Thanks
Dominic

shrinivas

Dear Dominic,

Long back, when i had no idea of stocks, i played on a principal of 15000/-...learned the basics and jumped...there are lots of books.....some very good threads by saint and amitbe are worth reading........
amitbe is out of action as of now...but saint has a very good thread "teach a man to fish"......

first i'll tell you, never follow CNBC...and sharekhan and indiabulls, not at all... they just give you tips when they have to dump stocks......if you are planning to buy a particular stock, have a good look at its technical charts.. Even if you do not know anything, still charts talk a lot themselves, u'll make a lot of things clear yourself....

when I plan to buy a stock, I have a look whether it is in action or not.... i have a look at the charts, volumes and various other factors.....and i pick up strong stocks...above all, i maintain a strict stop loss and if the stop loss is hit, i exit, whatever the circumstances may be........
and i do not give more than 3 months for a stock to perform...if i buy a stock at 100 and it is in the range of 100-105 for 3 months, i exit.....
Also my friend, I make a price in my mind and enter at it...i seldom change it.....e.g. if balrampur is trading at 105 and i think to buy it when it touches 101, i'll buy it there, i'll not increase my bid from 101 to 102...my strict stop losses are also maintained.....

but market has its own ways of teachings...I've burnt my hands drastically once, the mistake was that i trusted my friend..The one big mistake we do many times in life...we look at cnbc, sharekhan,indiabulls...even from our neighbours, we even listen to rikshawall and bet our money........

i hope you make money in this world of stocks..

all the best

ganeshhity

Hey Manoj and Ganeshhity,

Thanks a lot... I guess I was doing exactly the opposite.
I will take your advise very seriously and even in the book Reminiscence of a Stock operator- Edwin speaks about the tip givers and takers :)

Thanks a ton and May God Bless you and all members of TraderJi

Regards
Dominic