Auction

I think we are mixing up things here now.

ICICIDirect allows BTST as does Religare. Others, almost everyone else, to the best of my knowledge allow only Delivery based trading. This implies that unless the broker gives you delivery of the trade ("buys" in fact), you cannot sell them off. This can be confirmed by on receipt of the Contract Notes only. Checking it up online can cause some degreee of confusion.

Sillu ..... coming back to the point ...... have you a Contract Note that specifies your receipt of shares for Zee? I think you might have sold it off before receiving this or something close.

P.S: Normally, delivery is on a T+2 basis. i.e. you will get delivery of shares two days (2) after the Trading date (T). But if the broker or NSDL/ CDSL is unable to process/ entertain your request, the delivery may take longer. At any rate, you cannot sell before you have the Contract note.

I hope that clarifies what I hope answers the situation.

Do let your inputs flow in!!!

what i feel is,even if you sell on third day there is risk....the seller who get short will fail to deliver....so in that case you will get shares only after bought in aution....even before you get shares ..you sell it on 3rd day ..there again you will fail to delivar shares in time due to non delivery of shares to your dp ..and it is further delayed due to auction.

so...seller falling short....delay in delivery to buyer (due to auction buying.)..and again buyer selling it on 3 day fall short to deliver shares ....so it is always safe to sell ..once you get your shared in your dp .

reards
suba

ok. finally a question can i able to sell share next day after purchasing the share today?
under equities transaction the following rules apply

shares bought and sold on same day is called intraday transaction

you can not sell next day ...reason is ...you have to wait till you get shares in your dp ......it take T+2 days time..this is called delivary based buying (or selling)

T ... date of shares bought and the transcation of transfer of money and shares between buyer and seller will take two more days.

so ...if u buy on monday ...then ...T is monday

tuesday ..is 1(shares from seller transferd to exchange) ..wednesday is 2 (from exchange to buyers dp)...your will see your shares in your dp by Thursday.

so you can sell on Thursday only

note: you can sell on ...wednesday also ..but it is risky....i already explained it in my earlier post.

safe thing is ....sell only when you see your shares in dp.

regards
suba