Are you really making money?

You are absolutely right there, Gold standard is gold standard but govts won't go there now. At least EUR is a lot better than USD from a practical standpoint.

marcus

Deep this is a wonderful thread, a real eye opener for all of us please keep up the good work. :)

Well I'm not in the software industry but I have a relative who works for TCS and is posted in the states who recently told me even TCS (falg ship TATA co. & India's largest IT major) has cut salaries and asked 500 employees to leave with more such announcements expected over the next few months.

So something is definitely amiss if TATA's asks employees to leave. What worries me is that despite all this people are still attempting to average down and bottom fish without realizing they could be in for a very long haul !

Deep this is a wonderful thread, a real eye opener for all of us please keep up the good work. :)

Well I'm not in the software industry but I have a relative who works for TCS and is posted in the states who recently told me even TCS (falg ship TATA co. & India's largest IT major) has cut salaries and asked 500 employees to leave with more such announcements expected over the next few months.

So something is definitely amiss if TATA's asks employees to leave. What worries me is that despite all this people are still attempting to average down and bottom fish without realizing they could be in for a very long haul !
Marcus,

you pointed out correctly, which i also mentioned in one of my posts earlier abour tcs letting employees go. the reason i had another thread saying bse at 7500 is by looking at the ground reality. believe it or not an apt which i did not buy in 2002 in hyd for Rs. 700,000 is today Rs. 4,000,000. if you are not in IT you can't buy it, the the ones that have been buying these are thinking that 10% GDP growth will be sustained for the next 30 years and their jobs will be there for the next 30 years, banks loan based on their current paychecks. unwinding of leverage is a painful process , once it starts , we will see at reality at the end. i will not be surprised if we see our own sub prime problems in india.

to give an idea a small single family house in dallas costs $175,000, chicago $300,000, hyd(where i live) $250,000

Srinivas

Last edited:
For the future, if there is any, never trust a finance minister/Central banker during a downturn. If those dudes start talking about lower growth rates, dump and run.

Hyd is Hyderabad or something else? Then the small single family house owners are crorepati there?:confused: I am surprised srinivas.
Yes Hyderabad,India. If you want apt(no land) in city 50lacs, you could go out of city (borders) and 25lacs. but house with land ,if you don't have a crore, don't even think.

sudoku1

Yes Hyderabad,India. If you want apt(no land) in city 50lacs, you could go out of city (borders) and 25lacs. but house with land ,if you don't have a crore, don't even think.
Even big ambani says, 'sab maaya hai'.....:D