Any MF that shorts the BSE?

Are u saying that we can't make money by shorting ?

In my view, people make money in market when it goes up / goes down or stays in a range.
Only MFund make money when markets goes up.. and remaining 2 cases, only MF's fund manager makes money by controlling higher asset under his belt at the cost of MF investors.

I pity MF, cause they can't make money in falling market whereas as retail trader, I can.

Happy Trading
no.
i never said that.

I said short selling is not = investment.

Mutual funds are tools for (comparatively risk free) investment.

trader.trends

I only pity their position. (maybe I am only one here on TJ who thinks like this).

Happy Trading
While FII are allowed to short futures, trade options, and other myriad things to make money for their investors, MFs are not allowed to do so. Many MF have been demanding a level playing field. It will come with time. Our regulators are a cautious lot and rightly so. Until an idea matures through discussion it is better to go slower. We have enough stories of Hedge Funds gone bust due to trading in leveraged products.

As individual traders we make decisions only for ourselves. We have power to only affect our lives. As Fund managers, they have to make a more cautious decision. Their decision does affect a lot of people. Greater responsibility trends with greater power.