Any good book on trend analysis?

prasham

Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Edward and Magee 9th Edition
Technical Analysis by Charles Kirkpatrick
Where do I find these? Do you know any website where I can download these for free?:p

EDIT: I am already downloading one :D

Last edited:

prasham

Downloaded.

Its available on rapidshare and file size is about 45mb.

AW10

Prasham.

Chk out this site on
http://www.trendfollowing.com/

There is book titled "Trend Following" by michael Covel.

btw - have u digested the Pivot High/low based appraoch of trend reading ?
In your other thread, DanPickUp made a good post highlighting few approaches to address Trend following.

My suggestion - don't spend too much time finding the BEST approach. Focus on specific chapters in Magee's book. That is bible of Technical analysis so don't get lost ( and confused) in other chapters. I won't be surprised if you find that the approach given by Saint's pdf that u read 1 month back is also given in Magee.

Just know the basics of one or two approach and start practicing. If you like, mark your readings on live chart and post it here for other to comment.. IMO, Practice makes person perfect, haven't heard that reading more makes someone perfect.

Happy Trading

prasham

Prasham.

Chk out this site on
http://www.trendfollowing.com/

There is book titled "Trend Following" by michael Covel.

btw - have u digested the Pivot High/low based appraoch of trend reading ?
In your other thread, DanPickUp made a good post highlighting few approaches to address Trend following.

My suggestion - don't spend too much time finding the BEST approach. Focus on specific chapters in Magee's book. That is bible of Technical analysis so don't get lost ( and confused) in other chapters. I won't be surprised if you find that the approach given by Saint's pdf that u read 1 month back is also given in Magee.

Just know the basics of one or two approach and start practicing. If you like, mark your readings on live chart and post it here for other to comment.. IMO, Practice makes person perfect, haven't heard that reading more makes someone perfect.

Happy Trading
Thanks for the suggestion AW. I am planning to use combination of 3 indicators and yes one of them shall be Pivot Point. Another shall be Stochastics / RSI and third one shall be bollinger band / OBV or something else.

Once I get hold of these I shall start trying time using Aptistock. On the other hand I am also reading George Fontanills - The Options Course to get better insight into Options.

I know practice makes man perfect but a friend recently reminded me that no one is perfect ;)

Actually I am not in any hurry. At present this is just to earn some side income.

.... BTW I've just finished downloading the book you've mentioned above.

Last edited:

AW10

Thanks for the suggestion AW. I am planning to use combination of 3 indicators and yes one of them shall be Pivot Point. Another shall be Stochastics / RSI and third one shall be bollinger band / OBV or something else.
in my view, it like measuring Distance in meter, foot, liter and degree centegrade ..

the parts they are using cruch the price data in different style to read differnt behaviour of price movement.

Would love to see the outcome of your study.

all the best and happy trading