Angel Diet & RKglobal diet on on PC

sahil79

Hi Frnds, I trade nifty future in RKglobal and Intraday equity in Angel Diet but it has become a issue to keep both diets on a PC. Can both the diets be put in a single PC?

i had religare ODIN previously later i installed Angel ODIN too,But religare ODIN gone missing.Since both the platforms have same software i think later has overwrote the previous.My guess you cannot install,if it is from same software company.

sahil79

I followed the method
RUN-REGEDIT-CTL+F-ODIN
got this value
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AngelDietOprns.AngelDiet]
@="AngelDietOprns.AngelDiet"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AngelDietOprns.AngelDiet\Clsid]
@="{611D3455-4908-4932-921E-41FB16B2EB3C}"

exported it, and installed rkglobal diet and now again I wish to run angel diet so i imported the above mentioned *.reg file but im just unable to login angel.
plz help...
thanx

sahil79

I followed the method
RUN-REGEDIT-CTL+F-ODIN
got this value
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AngelDietOprns.AngelDiet]
@="AngelDietOprns.AngelDiet"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AngelDietOprns.AngelDiet\Clsid]
@="{611D3455-4908-4932-921E-41FB16B2EB3C}"

exported it, and installed rkglobal diet and now again I wish to run angel diet so i imported the above mentioned *.reg file but im just unable to login angel.
plz help...
thanx

What's the configuration for your pc?

technically they both can be run at the same time if you use virtual machine environment.

it's a bit complicated , and i wouldn't recommend it to a newbie.

Do not play with your OS registry, but if you are desperate, always create a backup BEFORE you edit it.

if you are on win 7 and use (win xp mode),you would need a compatible processor for it, google it!, you can seamlessly use both odin's at the same time without any problems, and it's just as easy as minimizing one and using another.

I would warn you though that the above process HAS NOT BEEN TRIED by me and therefore you are pretty much on your own if you wish to try, btw below are other solutions that might work :-

the problem lies in the registry, installing odin for one broker, does not make a unique entry for that broker in the registry, it creates a single entry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODIN", now if another similar registry entry could me made to co-exist there wouldn't have been any problems, but windows does not allow such a feature yet! i.e until win 7,(may be in the future they would, i mean they have done a damn good job with "WinSXS" "windows side by side feature")

so the only way around this problem is to create an entirely different registry, either only for the application or a completely new registry, if you are in the know, you may use

1. "sandboxie" to emulate virtual registry for odin, or

2. "VMware ThinApp"(not a freeware.) to create a portable version, you would have to do it everytime the broker upgrades, patches the reg entries for odin or upgrades the "master files"(the files which hold the information about the exchange scrips). (Not a good idea)

3. "VMware Player" (freeware) (you will still need win xp image, google how to make a image with your win xp disc for vmware player) to create a virtual machine for xp , install one of the odin's in it. (highly recommended, only if you know what you are doing).

Note:- All the above mentioned methods Have NOT been tried by me but they should work especially the one's about the virtual machine.