AmiBroker Tips

asnavale

Dear asnavale,

For explorations it is very easy to use...just define the date range with the from and to on top left of the automatic analysis window and u get it or if u know the no of days...pls click on the button n = and put the number of days.
Dear Beginner,

I have already mentioned in my post that the Exploration window has the date range option. I also mentioned that it does not do what I want. Let me explain:

Suppose I want to determine cumulative volume for RELIANCE from Jan 01, 2005 to June 30, 2005. The calculation should start from Jan 03, 2005 (Jan 1 and 2 are holidays, no data is available). and end on 30 Jun, 2005. The Cum(V) for Jan 3, 2005 should be same as Volume for Jan 3, the Cum(V) for Jan 4, 2005 should be sum of Volumes for Jan 3 and 4 and so on. But what you get from exploration is on Jan 3, 2005 Cum(V) is sum of all volumes starting from the first day of listing of RELIANCE upto Dec 31, 2004. This not what I want. The Cum(V) should be calculated only for the date range selected. In other words it should appear as if there is no data before the start date and no data after the end date. I hope I made my point clear. Is such a thing possible?

Of course I can do it by exporting data for the selected date range and using that exported data as if it were a new security. But it is a tedious job to do for a large number of securities.

The Cum(V) I mentioned is a simple formula meant only for this example. I actually want to use some more complicated calculations.

Can nyou help?

Thanks in advance.

-Anant

Hello Satya,
In our forum some members have given a link to Satya's data extractor, when clicked the message comes that page not available. Does that link relate to you by any chance? if yes, is your data extractor atill available. If you are not same Satya who has developed that extractor, please ignore this message
Thanks
sharantaka

Hello Satya,
In our forum some members have given a link to Satya's data extractor, when clicked the message comes that page not available. Does that link relate to you by any chance? if yes, is your data extractor atill available. If you are not same Satya who has developed that extractor, please ignore this message
Thanks
sharantaka
visit this site http://www.investbulls.com/news.php for the wonderful utility.

thanx

Hi

I m using Amibroker Standard edition. I want to view charts in 30 minutes, but it does not have it as default settings.

Is it possible to add the time frame?

Please help

Sunil

Dear Sirs;

I like to plot
1). 52 week high & low price in Amibroker with different colors.
&
2). To analyse & print for the conditions
Buy =Today's close > 105% yesterday's close > 105% previous day's close
&
Today's volume > 110% yesterday's volume.

Sell= Today's close < 95% yesterday's close < 95% previous day's close
(% manually adjustable from parameter window)

I tried to print the Quick Analysis but not possible.

So will some one help me.

Thanks.

Hi

I m using Amibroker Standard edition. I want to view charts in 30 minutes, but it does not have it as default settings.

Is it possible to add the time frame?

Please help

Sunil
Hi sunihv0
After opening the Amibroker you go to tools-preferances-intraday. In this window you can modify any time frame you want the datas to be displayed. The modified time frame will be displayed in the menu bar in Amibroker.
gvnarendra

Im facin a strange probelm, i had to reinstall AMibroker ecently. Earlier wen i used to scan for a particular signal lets suppose MA(23) above MA(50) i used to get signals in the Autoanalyser. After clicking on the buy and sell i used to get the arrows all over the chart. Now im not gettin them.

PLs can somebody tell me its urgent.

Attachments

Hi all,

I'm facing this problem: When I draw some trendlines on the chart and then close and reopen Amibroker, those trendlines drawn were gone. Its not recurring, happens once in a while.

Unfortunately today morning I spent 3 hours, drawing some crucial trendlines, etc. But when I opened now, they were gone.

Any idea?

Praveen.