Ambitious and worried

:) I am new to this game. Age wise I am ancient and having been in a medical profession all my life have had little exposure to the financial market. I am soon going to retire and have this yawning gap of leisure/ boredom ahead of me which I hope to ameliorate by doing some intraday trading. And of course supplement my income whenever possible !
I have opened an account with Sharekhan and have tentatively started IDT with the help of my broker ---. Have had bad luck so far - no gain and some losses, and have been advised by my broker to go in for intraday options. Can anybody simplify the concept of options for me ? Is this occupation in my retired life likely to be disastrous for me ?? Some opinions are welcome !!!

aryan.

I am soon going to retire and have this yawning gap of leisure/ boredom ahead of me which I hope to ameliorate by doing some intraday trading.

Is this occupation in my retired life likely to be disastrous for me ?? Some opinions are welcome !!!
yes this is going to be disastrous for you. Trading is not something you do when you are bored.