already lost 90%!

Re: allready lost 90%

CV's advise is perfect.
If you have lost 90% of your capital, even if you are to start afresh, taking into consideration a 10% return annually (which traders earn "on an avg" on "normal circumstances" in the long run) reinvested back into trading, it would take you nearly 25years to get your capital back.
Think wisely.:)
It's a bit bizzare to wait for 25 years, but looks true. But, if one is very detrmined to recover his lost capital. It's not by the way of taking revenge on markets.
The objectives have to be clearly written down (preferably on a paper). Write your objectives, stick it on your trading room wall. It will remind you daily.

If I was in his position, the first thing to do is, not set a target of 4 months to recover the amount.

1st thing i will do is, stop tradiong
2nd Learn TA or FA
3rd Choose the safest investment in Markets i.e Cash Segement -Delivery Trades.
4th Learn to trade a set of specific stocks. To start with pick 5 good stocks.

5th Read the Stock on Weekly and Daily Charts.
6th Watch the Daily Price / Volume Action. Make a mental note of where the stock is finding Support and where it is getting Ressited.

6th Keep taking profits, small or big, taking profits consistently makes a lot of difference

Once you graduate this level, then think of going for Day Trading, or Futures or Options.

No pointing in attempting 10th class exams, when you dont know what are A,B,C,D and what is 2+ 2?

This takes long time to achieve your goals. But, you will be in the markets for life.

Satya

oilman5

excellent clear concept. raju
u r a great trader in making

oilman5

Raju

Hi Agilent,

Trust me friend I am playing Techm right from 628 Rupees /share.Now it has crossed 2000 .(U can check how much time did it require to cross 2000). Company being very good I had started in it & have made some money out of it.I just referred to it as had made money in it.

At this point of time just think (No Tech anaylsis in this stock ..Only that I know company is good . I am in S/W ..so know the company so had put money in it ..i have earned some .Actually to be frank I have benefitted lot much in this stock .And my brokerage is .04 (not very less)..still made money ..So I had adviced him to look into such a stock.Ofcourse he must observe Techm's move daily and then shld take decision.

Nowadays even Sharekhan also advices Techm for swing like trade.

Thanks,

Raju.

Raju

Hi oilman5,

Thanks for the comment.
And I share whtever I have gained thru my exp.Following is the link in which I had asked Jai about Techm when the price was 787.

(http://www.traderji.com/search.php?searchid=285026)

Raju.

hmp

He Funny Thing Happening With Me Is Iam Able To Book Profits Easily But When It Comes To Booking Loss-the Desperation And Faint Hope That Maybe The Situation Will Reverse Shortly-ends In A Situation Where Losses Are Continuing(and Are Quite Substantial As Compared To The Profits Already Booked)-something Wrong With Trading Pschology/strategy-definitely
Exactly Same Thing Always Happening With Me. I Want To Get Out Of Such Situation .
Pl. Advice Senior Members How To Retain Profit?
Regards
Hmp

Swagat you are making a fundamental mistake. A stock goes up from 10 to 20 it is a 100% gain right? but when it comes down from 20 to 10 it is 50%. Now imagine if somebody has lost 90% of his equity.....oops:D
Hey Sunil,
i know that buddy. wat i was tryin to point out to Oxus was that 10% considered is too less. In 2006 the Nifty gav a return of 40.56% and in 2005 36.35%. then 10% is too less. a minimum 14-15% on investment is fine. Im not talking of trading mind it.

Swagat, that is why I was specific in my statement..."traders on an avg" "in the long run"
Considering the number of people who lose in this market and conidering that most make money in a bull market,I think it's a justified return to be applied in computation.
There certainly will be traders who earn 1000% or above every year and another who loses his entire capital...
Losers will always be there. Cant consider them to justify any success. ICICI bank is givvin 9% on one yr FD. No point investing in Equity then.

But the fact is, its the superior returns which tend to attract ppl to Equity.
Trader or Inestors

Thanks

oxusmorouz

How bitter is it to taste the truth?
4 pages of this thread and the only real good advice I can see is from CV,Satya and a couple of others. The rest are trying to worsen his situation and instead of imparting real education, deluding him further.I certainly think this guy has no desire for education and is more obsessed with making money and seems to be quite confident of it too... (as said in his quote "I can earn this amount in 4months...the only thing I didn't have the last time around was the knowledge of stops").

Forgive me but if someone is capable of making that much of a % in 4months, that amounts to 9times return every 4 months. Putting it in other words, if he starts with Rs.1000 as his capital, he should be having Rs.50Billion odd in 2 years....
RIDICULOUS !!!

Linus

Hi Swagat, yes,excuse me for the error!

One little joke: To err is human, but the corporate world does not allow it!

:)

ss

oxusmorouz

Swagat, the nifty has given a 15.6% compunded annual return from 1-29-1996.
Even if one goes by the logic that traders on an average perform on par with the nifty, it would take 16years for Rs.10 to reach Rs.100....even that is quite a while!!! :confused: