AFL Request : Help Needed

asnavale

Dear Ananth

When carrying out scan / exploration , how do you set the default time frame ?

I mean if i want to explore in 5 min time frame but with certain conditions satisfied in 30 min time frame as defined in the AFL , how do i set the default time frame of exploration as 5 min.??

Thanks and regards
gsri
There is no need to set default time frame. As long as you have data in ticks you can use any time frame. If your default data feed is not in ticks then the lowest time frame you can use is same as your data feed interval. Assuming you have data in less than 5 min intervals, you can choose 30-min timeframe using TimeFrameSet(2*in15minute). Then check your 30-min conditions. Then restore old timeframe. Then again set 5-min time frame with TimeFrameSet(in5minute) and do your 5-min calculations. All this in the AFL itself. Then explore. No need to set any parameters in exploration window to chose 5-min timrframe.

-Anant

Sir, is it possible to delete all quotes after or before a specific date, like if i have database from 1.jan 2001 to 1/jan/2010. i wants to delete all stock quote before or above 1 /jan/2005 bye useing AA window from my database with the help of AFL. WITH RESPECT Dhiraj

asnavale

Sir, is it possible to delete all quotes after or before a specific date, like if i have database from 1.jan 2001 to 1/jan/2010. i wants to delete all stock quote before or above 1 /jan/2005 bye useing AA window from my database with the help of AFL. WITH RESPECT Dhiraj
There is no AFL to delete quotes from database. You have to do it manually. But the joib can be simplified as follows:

1) Using an AFL youi can export reuired quotes to an Excel CSV file.

2) Delete the existing database completely.

3) Read in the saved quotes from the CSV file.

REMEMBER TO SAVE THE EXISTING DATA BASE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO DELETE THE QUOTES.

-Anant