A Neat & Clean Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Soumya,

After unpacking the ZIP archive, I get a folder called metastock-nse.

When I use the open command in metastock 8.0, it says not a valid metastock file. I have tried both the dat extension files as well as the mwd or mws extensions. May i request you to download the file from the link I have provided and see if this is correct or not?

Any suggestions?

regards

Jayesh

Hello Soumya,

i seem to be getting somewhere. I used the downloader part to convert the data and seems that I now have the charts. I will elaborate for the others who have asked similar questions but need to understand myself what the steps are to be clear for the others.

i reckon I will be able to do this in a couple of days.

thanks nevertheless.

jayesh

Hi Soumya,
It has been a long time since I was looking for historical data, thanks to your post I am able to get it all, I imported in access database and going to use it as datasource for application I am building to analyze data, I am planning to pull in new data on weekly basis so as to keep my database upto date, can you guide me to any site I can use to capture data on a weekly basis,

Thanks,
Sridhar

I am new here and request your help. I am using Fibotrader. I have adjusted the stock splits for all the other shares, but I need your help on the

below mentioned shares.

1. BVXL
On Sep 5, 2006 the opening price is showing as 18.80 and the closing price is showing as 70.25

As per the NSE website, on Nov 20, 2006, the purpose given is "RIGHTS 4:7 AT PAR"
I tried using the factor 0.63 but the chart is not getting displayed correctly.

2. INDIABULLS
1. Would you be able to tell me what the factor should be for Dec 29, 2006. I have tried using a factor of 0.5, but the chart is not getting displayed

correctly.

On the NSE website, all it says is "SCHEME OF ARRANGEMENT"

3. ZEETELE
There is a split that is visible on Dec 15, 2007.

On the NSE website, it says "SCH OF ARNGMNT/DIV-100% PURPOSE REVISED"

I would really appreciate it if someone could please let me know what should the factors be for the 3 stocks.
Also, is there some other website besides the NSE website where we could get information about splits, bonuses & symbol changes?

Thanks,
Pandya

Attachments

I am new here and request your help. I am using Fibotrader. I have adjusted the stock splits for all the other shares, but I need your help on the

below mentioned shares.

1. BVXL
On Sep 5, 2006 the opening price is showing as 18.80 and the closing price is showing as 70.25

As per the NSE website, on Nov 20, 2006, the purpose given is "RIGHTS 4:7 AT PAR"
I tried using the factor 0.63 but the chart is not getting displayed correctly.

2. INDIABULLS
1. Would you be able to tell me what the factor should be for Dec 29, 2006. I have tried using a factor of 0.5, but the chart is not getting displayed

correctly.

On the NSE website, all it says is "SCHEME OF ARRANGEMENT"

3. ZEETELE
There is a split that is visible on Dec 15, 2007.

On the NSE website, it says "SCH OF ARNGMNT/DIV-100% PURPOSE REVISED"

I would really appreciate it if someone could please let me know what should the factors be for the 3 stocks.
Also, is there some other website besides the NSE website where we could get information about splits, bonuses & symbol changes?

Thanks,
Pandya
No answers yet...

RSI

Hi Sowmya,
You have already posted NSE database for Metastock and Amibroker. I have one humble request. Can you please post bse database for Amibroker? You are doing great job. Hope I am not troubling you.
Regards and Thanks
R. S. Iyer

Re: http://rapidshare.com/files/1750552/Quotes_0.7z

Hello Soumya,
I am a new user, went through your few postings, u have done a very good job for the new users. I went through your post regarding installation & downloading of your files like main & http://rapidshare.com/files/1750552/Quotes_0.7z . I was able to download the main file but the second one i.e for Quote_0.7z i couldnt do it & moreover i find it difficult to download from rapid share. It would be rather suitable for user like us to make easy downloading which 4share.com provides and hopefully you will help me and several other in this regard.I am from Tollygunge, Kolkata & would like to meet you if it is possible at your end.

With warm regards
Deepak

Hi All,

Now-a-days a ready-made database is available here and there in the net. But the accuracy of these database is not unquestionable. So I have decided to upload atleast NSE data fully split-bonus & symbol change adjusted as on 25-10-2006.
Download Link 1: ASCII Format(For Fibotrader & Amibroker)
http://rapidshare.com/files/645881/ASCII-NSE.rar.html

Download Link 2: Metastock Format
http://rapidshare.com/files/1312279/Metastock-NSE.7z.html
Another Link : http://www.4shared.com/dir/1513409/bba726a2/sharing.html

Fibotrader Users (For those who have downloaded my database b4 3rd Nov.): How to delete old NSE data and import this new NSE Data.
QuoteMan -> Tools -> Securities administration -> Quote management -> Delete quotes -> select All securities in selection -> Choose Folder NSE -> Database End of day -> Condition Date Before 10/25/2006 -> Delete.

Thanx,
Soumya

Is there any update made to this data, I mean if another zip of clean database upto say march or april 2007.
I guess I am not asking too much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.