A Moving Average Trading System

linkon7

Linkon,
Are u trading this system live?
I have seen your thread of 70-1030 ema too and now this one....Ur options strategies too are posted....

Hw is ur exp with these ema systems? do u trade them regularly live?

Happy Trading
Ankit,
I am in the process of discovering my comfort factor with a system. I have field tested about 6-9 systems so far. basically mix and match of various systems and trying to keep it as simple as possible.

so far my experience with ema is as follows,
70-1030 ema is positional. I plan to use it to buy options and hold on till the next cross comes and reverse positions.

34 ema of the high and the low (instead of the close ) forms a nice band and that can be used successfully for entry. I have incorporated that into my trading system already.

5,8,13,21,34,55,89 ema plotted together gives a very good feel of the market.

89 ema seems to act as the trend decider in a 1 min chart.

guppy moving average is the best for deciding the trend.

ultimately, i find positional nifty with a short straddle as hedge as my most reliable system so far. Its the only strategy i am very comfortable with so far.

hi people.
I have checked the Moving Averege system (3:13:39)
I must say that it is somewhat impressive considering it dosnt have such a big lag...
My question is how can i make the "falls outbreak" more obvious?
I have added some jpegs to show you what i'm talking about.
thanks.
ira.

Last edited:
"It's in the nature of stock markets to go way down from time to time. There's no system to avoid bad markets. You can't do it unless you try to time the market, which is a seriously dumb thing to do. Conservative investing with steady savings without expecting miracles is the way to go."

"It's in the nature of stock markets to go way down from time to time. There's no system to avoid bad markets. You can't do it unless you try to time the market, which is a seriously dumb thing to do. Conservative investing with steady savings without expecting miracles is the way to go."
I agree.
BUT
its not the direction of the markets I am talking about... its the FALLS BREAKOUTS.

The problem is too many falls-breakouts (to the up and to the down).take a look at the pictures.

AND

a qeustion, is the 3, 13, 39 all exponential? all simple? some simple and some other? whats the "correct" combination....?

PS... i can only upload one attachment of 100kb??? that is all????

Attachments

Hello Anand,

Are you using 3-13-39 for Day Trading? I thought it is more for position trading and we can hold positions for a few days. The testing in Nifty for 2000 to 2009 also must have been as a position trader. Can you kindly clarify.

regards

Rajeev