A Bird's eye view to a Bull's eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnsn2345

Dear Friends,

Ok so will begin this portfolio from Monday, the reporting format will be quite exhaustive and will share it with you by tomorrow. If there are any more questions on the portfolio then we can discuss now, I would not be able to post any post other than updation of the portfolio to maintain discretion and not deviating from the task undertaken. For this purpose I will start a new thread in this section itself with will contain only my portfolio updation and nothing elsel.

Queries can be posted on this current thread for understanding / questioning the understanding the position or my outlook on the Underlying which will be Nifty spot only. TPL portfolio will be made with Options only.

Regards,

Dear Dan and other seniors, if you would like some more info please do suggest. Anurag and SM are otherwise active with their questioning and suggestions.

Dear SM,

Will also try posting TPL 1 M portfolio comprising of stocks by this weekend.

ranger123

Dear Friends,

Ok so will begin this portfolio from Monday, the reporting format will be quite exhaustive and will share it with you by tomorrow. If there are any more questions on the portfolio then we can discuss now, I would not be able to post any post other than updation of the portfolio to maintain discretion and not deviating from the task undertaken. For this purpose I will start a new thread in this section itself with will contain only my portfolio updation and nothing elsel.

Queries can be posted on this current thread for understanding / questioning the understanding the position or my outlook on the Underlying which will be Nifty spot only. TPL portfolio will be made with Options only.

Regards,

Dear Dan and other seniors, if you would like some more info please do suggest. Anurag and SM are otherwise active with their questioning and suggestions.

Dear SM,

Will also try posting TPL 1 M portfolio comprising of stocks by this weekend.
Sir, your modal is on option then why you has to start the modal in the betwen of the month, beacuse you has chance of get more money return as the option price will be less and retun will become high if you decison is right. This like is not to start in the between of the month you has to tell me how to do it from the start of the month so you can do it for one ful month up to the expiry period.

Buy option is riksy so the return is more so you can get your target I think. But you is taking risk for Yusuf and Sehwaf way. I has to learnt VVS way
but you has to tell me from the start of the month and not the between date to get 10% retrun in one month on regularly basic.

Thank you.

AW10

Ranger123, how about observing and learning from tnsn in next 2 weeks of current series, and then you can follow it better in next series.

IMO, trading an option series is very narrow view. You can very well open positions in Aug series right from now and apply right strategies.

@tnsn, I am watching this thread closely and learning from it.

Happy trading

ranger123

Ranger123, how about observing and learning from tnsn in next 2 weeks of current series, and then you can follow it better in next series.

IMO, trading an option series is very narrow view. You can very well open positions in Aug series right from now and apply right strategies.

@tnsn, I am watching this thread closely and learning from it.

Happy trading
AW10 sir, but the Tnsn will rich the target if he do starting it in the between of the month, now date is 15 July on monday it is 18 july and expiery is on 28 july so he has benifit of low price of options and big moment of option price also on small nifty index moments. It became difficult to do a portfolio of his target if he start in the start of the month, I can learnt if he do it from the start, because he met his target on 28 july only then who will we learnt what to do in the start to between of any months. So I has ask this question to him.

Thank you.

tnsn2345

Dear Friends and Ranger,

There is a common belief that you can make billions trading directional options at the fag end of expiry. Where one may only see the 'indefinite' upside, the down side is that a particular trading portfolio account can get wiped with one / two wrong positions.

Just to give you jist, an option which would be priced say Rs. 100 at the start of the month and with theta of 2, the time decay will cost 2% incase the UL market close flat the next day. Similary in the last week of the month, a option priced 20 with theta of 2, the time decay will cost the holder a whopping 10% straight away if the market is flat.

In the last week the gammas shoot up and hence with a small changes in UL the delta changes dramatically, and if your direction is not correct, you are down to point of no return. Neither can you aggressively write much options in the last week, though you have theta in your favour, a higher gamma which affects the delta can make destabilise your delta netural position very very often and there is not much time to correct.

Nevertheless, if is still general opinion that last week offers more opportunities (actually opportunities are relatively less. Yes, but a directional options trader may find more lucrative opportunities but that too come with far higher risks), I shall begin this from 1st Aug which is just another 2 weeks from now. This will put all assumptions and theories to rest.

Dear Ranger, my activity is not to show the accuracy of the trades, it address three things which were left out in this thread.

1) Asset allocation through, multiple risk - multiple objective portfolio (I may not be able to demo multi TF portfolio for want of time, but would still post 1 month TF stock portfolio). Why I am doing this? Do I enjoy doing such complex and data feed in the excel all the time. NO. It is simply to reduce risk, reduce risk...simple.
2) Record keeping, report card, (this will be done by updation of the TPL 1D portfolio), parameter of evaluation. You will be surprise with some of the parameters, something which I have created, not read or learnt from someone.
3) And lastly, Dan has been constantly in some way been asking me to explain some of the things that I do, be it options strategies, decision making, risk management etc.

Regards,

DanPickUp

Hi tnsn2345

I kindly request you to stop to give the expression that your statements are the only existing true in the option trading world.

Many of the most short time strategies are very lucrative at the moment, the user knows how to trade them and is aware about the risk in theta they take and how to leg in and out at the necessary time.

I have not seen you talking about any very high profitable very short time option strategy any where. I only see, that you oppose against them as a successful trading strategy.

I do not agree with that at any time.

I am clear, that I trade other markets and I am clear, that I never ever made such statements by knowing that others may not have the possibility to trade such short time strategies.

You on the other hand try to show of, that all what you say is the only true and I dislike this very much as you not give room to other markets which give this possibility. So kindly come down to explain what you can explain and stop to give the expression, that what you know about short time strategies is the only thing which exist on earth.

Tc

DanPickUp

tnsn2345

Hi tnsn2345

I kindly request you to stop to give the expression that your statements are the only existing true in the option trading world.

Many of the most short time strategies are very lucrative at the moment, the user knows how to trade them and is aware about the risk in theta they take and how to leg in and out at the necessary time.

I have not seen you talking about any very high profitable very short time option strategy any where. I only see, that you oppose against them as a successful trading strategy.

I am clear, that I trade other markets and I am clear, that I never ever made such statements by knowing that others may not have the possibility to trade such short time strategies.

You on the other hand try to show of, that all what you say is the only true and I dislike this very much as you not give room to other markets which give this possibility. So kindly come down to explain what you can explain and stop to give the expression, that what you know about short time strategies is the only thing which exist on earth.

Tc

DanPickUp
Dear Dan,

First of all thanks for writing here.

To be constructive in our discussion, let me address the points (my point of view) so as put us on the same page.

- A 100% return in a month (Yusuf - sub portfolio) may just address this in the TPL portfolio I mentioned earlier. And this is a 1 day TF portfolio. Same can be done with intraday portfolio too, which is not possible for me to post it here. One can consistently generate 5% intraday (at intraday portfolio level)more than 50% of trading days in a month, and effectively manage risk too, by having undirectional and at times directional positions.

- Also, you would have seen my posts earlier in this thread, giving some names as 'Maggi' trades (which are 2 minutes trades - enter at 3.29 pm (closing time for Indian markets) and exit on the next day at 9.15 am (opening time of Indian markets), these trades (aka jackpot options trades - done through stock options, focusing only on gap up / down opening) can give you 100%, 200%... 400 %... returns with just 2 minutes in the market. Well these are speculative trades with higher risks, still the Risk:Reward can be as high as 1:5.

The fundamental premise on which I function is to reduce risk, and the same feel you will get in my posts everywhere. The second premise, I trade high probabily trades and not necessarily highly profitable. I think this is where we have a disconnect. IMO there is nothing like successful trading strategy, it is all about probability of your view being correct. So if you think there is a very high probability of movement of the UL then you may just buy naked options. If the probability is medium to high, you may sell naked options. If still less, then you will build options setup with multiple legs and strikes (depending on what TF you are trading and what is your holding period). And so on...

Dan, I have not trades in your markets, but you would have been here and seen so many posts on the Indian markets, the liqudity and different months options. How they all function. For the next month, even for the same month options, you will need to put effort to get the right buying /selling prices for OTM strikes options. The impact cost is very high, you just can put a limit order for a substantially higher quantity and expect it to be filled in even by 10 seconds !!. I you have to buy/sell options more than 15000 (300 lots) you will need to place multiple orders (exchange cap is 15000), so if you quantity is more than place multiple orders or employee dealers. Here on this forum most of us are retail traders. Even for institutions trading here, especially in options, they have a tough time relating to executions, which is generally not the case for stock or index futures. For this reason you will not find many structured products (captial guaranteed, with multiple payoffs depending on the performance of the captial markets) are available to the public here. Such products, when offered (at discreet time intervals) are for a very limited period and with a cap of amount that the institutions wants from the investors. Hence all those legging in and legging out is quite difficult not only for institutions but also for retail traders. I have earlier also mentioned about spiderman trades -swinging from one building to another, holding, leaving the rope and continuosly moving (which I do carry in relatively smaller proportion) in this thread, which is nothing than what you are mentioning - legging in / out. In such trades you are always in the market, you always have a view, flat, bullish, bearish, increase/decrease in IV, changes in theta, time to expiry etc. I do such trades not with intention to make big money but it helps me get the nerve of the market for most of the times. I trade a discretionary trading system for decision making and such trades help me.

I look forward to your contribution here. Again, I feel we both are equally stubborn in our expressions and thoughts, but I do not dislike any theories or anybody. I just like mine more than others, maybe.:)

Regards,

DanPickUp

Hi Buddy

You surely got the point what ever you explain here. Move on with your thread and work and if you have any or what ever, post it in my thread or give me a PM. I wish you further good success in trading and as you and I know,market teaches both of us day by day new things. In that way we are in the same boot in different oceans.

Take care and all the best

DanPickUp

ranger123

Sir, what is your portfolio of differant options positons. When are you come here again. I want to learnt differant options positon and in what tipe of market I can use it. Please tell me for the benifit of me and other fellows.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.