a beginner's question

sanyad74

sir,

in NSE website home page, on the right hand side corner, you will find Get Quote box, in that box, you will find symbol search. on the clicking the symbol search, a pop window will come up. in the space provided you type the name of the company and you will get the result. for example if you type reliance communications, you get the symbol RCOM. - this is the first part of your question.

coming to your second question, i.e., regarding f&o, if you are looking for F&O quotes, just below the get quote box above mentioned, there is a box for markets today. in that there is a sub-box for derivatives. in that sub box, click on get quotes and in the box provided type the symbol of the scrip and click either on futures or options. it well provide you the quotes with 2 minutes lag.

hope I am clear. if I missed something in your question feel free to ask.
Hi thanks!
Next I would like to ask .. lest say i want to trader futures of rcom
I saw the page of &O but p there are few prices like dates of expiry this months , or next months etc..
which one I should trade and why the price of rcom equity is different than rcom futures?

shinchan

sanyad74

Excellent links
Now could u give me one company's future trading method.. how i buy using reliance money trading platform? e.g rcom or any of your favorite?
for example i want to buy future of rcom today.. so i note down price and monitor it till the expiry date.
i wd like to do paper trading first in futures in this way....

AW10

Excellent links
Now could u give me one company's future trading method.. how i buy using reliance money trading platform? e.g rcom or any of your favorite?
for example i want to buy future of rcom today.. so i note down price and monitor it till the expiry date.
i wd like to do paper trading first in futures in this way....
Before you paper trade, you need to define some rules for BUY and SELL. Then u can transfer them to paper trade by monitoring the price that u will get while executing. This rules can be as simple as BUY AT MONDAY's MKT OPEN PRICE and SELL AT TUESDAY's MKT OPEN PRICE.
Strategy with loosely defiend rules like BUY WHENEVER I FEEL, and SELL WHENEVER I FEEL (surprisingly many people follow this strategy of trading) will never give you consistent trading returns in the long run and most likely you will be loosing money in the mkt.

So define your rules to Buy, to Sell, and to put Stoploss.

Happy Trading

For trading in futures in reliance money, log in and go to derivatives page. (its second option on the top, next to equity)

In the derivative section, the exchange name is FONSE (future and options NSE)...InstType has 4 options. For futures u have to select FUTSTK (stock future) or FUTIDX (for index futures)...fill the price and quantity and transact.

Thr are some more options like strike price, option type which are required only for option trading.

sanyad74

For trading in futures in reliance money, log in and go to derivatives page. (its second option on the top, next to equity)

In the derivative section, the exchange name is FONSE (future and options NSE)...InstType has 4 options. For futures u have to select FUTSTK (stock future) or FUTIDX (for index futures)...fill the price and quantity and transact.

Thr are some more options like strike price, option type which are required only for option trading.
Thanks Vikram.
Do I need to pay if I hold the futures in account (like demat charges 12 rs for per transaction when u sell from demat) .. i understand that futures wd not go in my demat account? So where they stay once i buy?

Hi ,
I just tried to do paper trade today for FUTSTK, for example when I fill up the form like instype= FUTSTK , scrip = suzlon, price , quality and order type same like we do in equity.
and chose the expiry date 25th dec
But what I see here is the same price as we see in for equity?
if the price is same why don't we buy equity instead of futures and watch for the price to go up or stop loss if price falls for equity?

What is the difference in equity and futures trading except that futures have expiry dates then?

Please suggest?