1KT Certified Forex Trader

If you wish to size so that your risk equals 100$ and you know that pip value is 4 cents and stop is 100 pips then

100$ for 100 pips means 1$ for 1 pip(100 pips at 1$ = 100$ risk).
4 cent per pip per lot means 25 lots for 1$ for 1 pip.

So 25 lots at 100 pips make for 100$ risk.

But I am not sure that's what's meant since there is no %.
Maybe you meant 100$ is your account?
What % of risk do you want?

This is how fixed % goes:

Say you have 100$.
You want to use 1% fixed risk.

1% of 100$ is 1$. If your lot size is 4 cent per pip then you can not use more than 25 pips stop, as 25 pips at 4 cents(1 lot) are 1$ = 1% risk already.

You always go(random example):

Account size x % risk = total amount to risk.
(1000$ x 1% = 10$)

then

total amount to risk / stop size in pips
10$ / 50 pips = 20 cent/pip

then
how many lots are needed to get 20 cent/pip?

20 cent / pip / lot size => 20 cent/pip with 4 cent/pip per lot => 5 lots

JungleLion Thank you,

[To, amarnath:
Why didn't the 'Real Trader' answer my question? If you don't want to help others, don't backbite - it's of no use.

And yes, I have a perception from your posts: You think that Only you know something about Fx trading and it's great to see others in dark isn't it?

Let me tell you - It pinches a bit to share your knowledge BUT by sharing your knowledge, you are NOT diminishing your success because the market is open to all, everyone can have their share of profit. Heard of that guy - some Warren?? Can anyone copy his style and become successful like him? Do you think that he did not reveal his strategy?? He did reveal it BUT none cud compete him BECAUSE trading depends 98% on yourself and your personality defines how successful you wud be in trading venture. So, don't keep knowledge in ur belly and laugh at others thinking tat they are in dark - darkness comes to an end with some quality work and knowledge in belly ends in grave ] Happy Trading

Last edited:
A

amarnath

JungleLion Thank you,

[To, amarnath:
Why didn't the 'Real Trader' answer my question? If you don't want to help others, don't backbite - it's of no use.

And yes, I have a perception from your posts: You think that Only you know something about Fx trading and it's great to see others in dark isn't it?

Let me tell you - It pinches a bit to share your knowledge BUT by sharing your knowledge, you are NOT diminishing your success because the market is open to all, everyone can have their share of profit. Heard of that guy - some Warren?? Can anyone copy his style and become successful like him? Do you think that he did not reveal his strategy?? He did reveal it BUT none cud compete him BECAUSE trading depends 98% on yourself and your personality defines how successful you wud be in trading venture. So, don't keep knowledge in ur belly and laugh at others thinking tat they are in dark - darkness comes to an end with some quality work and knowledge in belly ends in grave ] Happy Trading
LOL :D will answer later :) Its not backbiting but i dont know to act smart like some idiots , Every one have their own preception's and its which depends on their nature of their fundamental mind set i can't do anything thing for it at best i said long back i can't live for others but can try to help a little, still some fool dont accept their are in dark :d repeat about warren its applicable to all isnt.

Last edited by a moderator:
had you tried to help, you would have answered my question in first instance not by giving gyan :
"Only real trader's knows what you are asking"
plz keep ur gyan & success to urself. There are lot many to get help over here and rest of the net.

So, Cheers!! Keep going.. No hard feeling,

happy trading

had you tried to help, you would have answered my question in first instance not by giving gyan :
plz keep ur gyan & success to urself. There are lot many to get help over here and rest of the net.

happy trading
was your query answered ?

arre mujhe koi to batao that trading forex is legal or not in India?? Still not clear
Forex trading is legal in India. However as rupee is not yet fully convertible, there are some restrictions. At the retail level I think one cannot invest more than $25k per year in Forex. Other than that there are no restrictions at the retail level.

Think about this has the maximum you can lose in a year trading Forex from India....LOL...

happy trading
Amarnath....I would side with Shantanu compeletly.

I too am in Forex throught my life so far and have 12-years of expierence, however I am a toddler and still learning and fascinated by the market. The day you think that you are the only one to know about forex, you are gone. Markets always keeps on teaching.

Do you know that in 1975's...when ever there was global slowdown concerns, Yen used to be sold agressively as its dependent on Exports, while now it gains on back of risk aversion. Back then High rates currencies would be agressively sold, and inflation would be bad news for a currency. Now it is compeletly opposite..........I am still learning.....

JungleLion....Do you know that there is an Indian Fundamental analyst on Forex Factory? Have you read his posts? I think that they are very informative and amazing. I will PM you with his name tomorrow, as I dont seem to recall his name currently.

Markets change so dynamically that they never follow any fixed methodoly, sometimes i have to spend a lot of time figuring out whether to trade or wait. Often switching between 3 or 4 different methods to understand the trends.

No matter where we reach, markets still have something to teach us the hard way if we are not careful.

One thing I did learn from the markets, and that is if you wish to win then you have to use the combined knowledge of all your friends to win it.

Band muthhi lakh ki, khul gayi toh khakh ki

Fibonacci Series

Fibonacci Series

Fib Series is as follows

0 0 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 and so on

here each number is a sum of previous two numbers.

2+3=5
3+5=8
5+8=13

and so on

Now lets say Monday's close was 100

the levels become

and so on

we take the value of fib series in pip terms and either add to get upper levels or subtract to get lower levels.

The same works in indian stock markets also, you just have to figure out which currency pair follows daily series and which follows weekly series.