Zerodha's Birthday Gift(s) for 2012 (15th Aug - 2nd birthday)

What would you like from Zerodha on their 2nd birthday.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interactive Brokers charge Rs 190=00 as NSE turnover charges and Rs 10 =00 as SEBI fees per Rs 1 Crore for Futures trades.....so there is some scope for reduction in case of Zerodha.

The charges if IB given below.....

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/accounts/fees/indiaStockExchangeFees.php?ib_entity=in3

Smart_trade
arre bhai, what is this interactive brokers ?? I couldn't find the brokerage structure for India on their website. Are you using their services ? Tell us more. Their transaction charges for options are pretty impressive. The other costs too appear very reasonable.

arre bhai, what is this interactive brokers ?? I couldn't find the brokerage structure for India on their website. Are you using their services ? Tell us more. Their transaction charges for options are pretty impressive. The other costs too appear very reasonable.
Interactive Brokers are discount brokers operating in many countries. They have a wonderful Trader Work Station......beautiful charting plus automated trading given to retail traders. They have a facility of bracketed orders.....also multiple charting, and one can send the trade from the charts like MT4 without going through order entry screen.)

Wanted to open account with them for a long time but their brokerage was more than our local brokers. But now they have drastically reduced the brokerage ( it is 1 paisa now for futures for a round trip trade , Rs 15/- per lot in options)

I am going to try opening an account this week and trade......all the information is obtained from their sites,videos and the discussion we had with their representative, they have an office in Mumbai. I have no direct trading experience with them but what I learn about them is true, it will definately make trading much easier and enjoyable.

Brokerage is in the link given below : search in Asia Pacific......brokerage for cash/futures/options all listed there.

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/p.php?f=commission&p=futures2

If what they promise is really there, it will change the broking scenario in the country, that is for sure.

Smart_trade

Y'all must've received an email from Zerodha about the goodies they are going to implement from 2nd Sept, 2012. Here's the text. It is a long mail and I haven't read/understood it fully. So, please go through it and post your queries in the Zerodha thread.

"Zerodha" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friends,

Aug 15th 2012 was 2 years since we started retail trading at Zerodha. We have had an amazing time supporting you and hope that the feeling is mutual. Ideally, I should have sent the email earlier, but was waiting for NSEs approval of Zerodha Trader which came through today.

The idea behind Zerodha is to give you an edge while trading the markets, a higher probability of winning. We have over the last 2 years tried our best in this endeavor without compromising on our risk management policies or the core business ideology. Personally I haven't considered Zerodha as a complete product until now, as we didn't offer you features like trading on multiple exchanges nor did we have an online module for margin against collateral. Today because of your continued support, we are on the verge of taking Zerodha live as a one stop shop for all your capital market needs.

2nd Sept 2012 will mark a new beginning at Zerodha with the launch of Zerodha Trader.

1. Zerodha Trader:
Trading platform is an important factor in deciding your probability of winning. It is important for it to be fast, reliable and also have features to give you an edge.

Some of the features are:
Trade on NSE, BSE and MCX simultaneously on one platform. Please call/email us to ensure all the above exchanges are enabled.

Co-located state of the art Servers running Zerodha Trader to ensure speed and reliability.

An advanced intraday charting tool for technical analysis.

Ability to create trading strategies, back-test and execute. Execution can be either semi-automated or completely automated.

Features like Option writing/Future margin calculator based on your portfolio (PC-SPAN) rather than just individual scrip and more.

API's to trade directly from platforms like amibroker, metastock.

2. Call n Trade charges:
Call n trade charges will be 0.01%/0.1% or Rs 20 whichever is lower from 2nd Sep 2012. This is being done to reduce costs for our low volume equity traders. For an intraday equity transaction of Rs 10,000, you will pay only Rs 1 as call n trade instead of the Rs 20 you pay presently.

3. Zerodha Associate Program:
Our associate program was started to partner you in our growth. We had a few regulatory issues in payouts which have been resolved and the program is completely functional today.

Login to the BackOffice, refer your friends and family. Our sales team will call and help open your referral accounts which get mapped to you automatically via our CRM tool. We will continue sharing revenue with you for as long as the referred client is trading with us. Referral wallet will help you withdraw the earnings and is as easy as withdrawing funds from your trading account.

We understand the important role you play in introducing these clients and hence want to share more than the 10% that we do today.

The new sharing would be as follows:

Rs 0 to Rs 20,000: 10%
Rs 20,000 to Rs1, 00,000: 20%
Rs 1, 00,000 to Rs 2, 00,000: 30%
Rs 2, 00,000 and more: 40%

The sharing ratio would be applied separately to various exchange segments. More details on the same will be up on our website shortly.

As a token of appreciation to our existing clients/associates, referral wallet has been calculated with the new sharing ratio from July 1st 2012.

4. Margin against Collateral:

Our online collateral module on the Backoffice will be up from 2nd Sep 2012. You can now pledge your stocks online and realize margin to trade futures and options. If you intend to make use of this facility send an email/call and have it enabled.

5. StrategiZER:

To give you an edge in the markets we would provide you tools that will help increase your probability of winning.

Option strategiZER will suggest you option strategies based on your view of the markets. The strategies are put up by a group of some of the best traders in the world.

Margin strategiZER will help plan your trades by suggesting the exact margins required for your f&o strategy/portfolio.

Many more such tools would be introduced in the near future.

6. Localized Support:
Our business model is online but we are going local to support you. The support centers will help us in opening accounts faster, support you better and also meet up with the regulatory requirements of the exchanges like In person Verification.

7. Z-Blogs:
We try to keep you in sync with Zerodha updates on FB and other such social networking sites. For all of you who are not on these platforms, www.zerodha.com will have the blog section to help you track the latest news and updates.

Z-Blogs will be our first attempt at e-commerce. We keep getting queries on which books to read that can help improve trading. We will put up a list of must read books and trading journals on our website with reviews and also give an option to buy these from us.

We will also be putting up Zerodha merchandise modeled by Zerodha Employees (Zites as we call ourselves) up for sale.

8. Zerodha Cares:
Our social initiative has picked up steam with the formation of the Zerodha Cares trust. Along with planting trees, we will be supporting social issues like child labor, poverty and disability.

I thank you once again for the continued support. Zerodha would provide BSE trading at absolutely no cost for the month of September 2012.

Do email me suggestions at [email protected].

Happy Trading,

Nithin Kamath

Very exciting stuff, Zerodha - hats off.

One question - can you expand on precisely what the Amibroker API will be able to do? This is something I've requested several times, so I'm holding back from going out on the street and celebrating wildly till I know exactly what the API will be able to do. Will it have charting & trading support? Or will I need to use my existing data vendor, but with the ability to place orders through the API? Either way, it's pretty awesome - but if it's the former, and I can say goodbye to my RT data feed charges. Happy days are here.

Congratulations on restoring my faith in your brokerage being the one that actually understands what traders need. Kudos. The only frontier left is to start to tackle those transaction charges. Three cheers.

Anillal

@timepass

Co-located state of the art Servers running Zerodha Trader to ensure speed and reliability.
Hmmm.. Take it from me, speed and reliability are already compromised if the servers are not Dedicated. Forget state of the art hype. On top, going by their present nest crap I don't have high hopes for their new platform either. Let us see. I like zerodha people but I will join interactive brokers (Thanks to ST sir's post) if this new zerodha thing reminds of nest crap in anyway.

Interactive Brokers are discount brokers operating in many countries.

I am going to try opening an account this week and trade......

If what they promise is really there, it will change the broking scenario in the country, that is for sure.

Smart_trade
@timepass

......... I will join interactive brokers (Thanks to ST sir's post) if this new zerodha thing reminds of nest crap in anyway.
Guys, keep us updated about Interactive Brokers. Let's start a new thread about it.

mithoon

Interactive Brokers are discount brokers operating in many countries. They have a wonderful Trader Work Station......beautiful charting plus automated trading given to retail traders. They have a facility of bracketed orders.....also multiple charting, and one can send the trade from the charts like MT4 without going through order entry screen.)

Wanted to open account with them for a long time but their brokerage was more than our local brokers. But now they have drastically reduced the brokerage ( it is 1 paisa now for futures for a round trip trade , Rs 15/- per lot in options)

I am going to try opening an account this week and trade......all the information is obtained from their sites,videos and the discussion we had with their representative, they have an office in Mumbai. I have no direct trading experience with them but what I learn about them is true, it will definately make trading much easier and enjoyable.

Brokerage is in the link given below : search in Asia Pacific......brokerage for cash/futures/options all listed there.

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/p.php?f=commission&p=futures2

Smart_trade
Kindly requesting you to share your experience with IB,if you have started trading with them,also on the smart routing system.