Status
Not open for further replies.

murthyavr

Hi Zerodha

I am using AirTel connection and today I CANNOT LOGIN after I have installed the Patch I received for TATA. First I thought it was due to week-end that I could not login, but the same problem persists this Monday too. I never received any Patch for AirTel yet so I installed TATA. One more thing, I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) so when I install NOW, it goes into "Program Files (x86)" while the Patch is intended to install into "Program Files". Does this make any difference?

Please guide what should I do to login into my account. Should I uninstall and reinstall NOW, but if I do this, what will happen about "Patch", do you have the same Patch "READY" with a "NEW INSTALLATION" of NOW software so that I should not install that Patch again. Because if I will have to install the Patch again, it will indicate that NOW software available for download from your website is still not updated to install the "Patch" automatically.

Waiting to hear from you soon upon this so that I may login into my account.

shekharz
Pl see if 'Run As Administrator' helps..

Pl see if 'Run As Administrator' helps..
Thanks for your suggestion. Tried already BEFORE posting above "help required" but of no use.

shekharz

PS : Going to try one more thing, now gonna restart my computer. Lets see if it allows me to login after a restart. I will post here after restart.

PS Again : After restart, I still cannot login.

Last edited:
Hi Zerodha

I am using AirTel connection and today I CANNOT LOGIN after I have installed the Patch I received for TATA. First I thought it was due to week-end that I could not login, but the same problem persists this Monday too. I never received any Patch for AirTel yet so I installed TATA. One more thing, I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) so when I install NOW, it goes into "Program Files (x86)" while the Patch is intended to install into "Program Files". Does this make any difference?

Please guide what should I do to login into my account. Should I uninstall and reinstall NOW, but if I do this, what will happen about "Patch", do you have the same Patch "READY" with a "NEW INSTALLATION" of NOW software so that I should not install that Patch again. Because if I will have to install the Patch again, it will indicate that NOW software available for download from your website is still not updated to install the "Patch" automatically.

Waiting to hear from you soon upon this so that I may login into my account.

shekharz
I too had the same login problem (win7 64 bit). Here's what fixed the problem for me:

Download latest NOW setup exe and patch.
Uninstall NOW.

Right click NOW setup exe, "Run as Admin". Select custom install. Install into C:\NOW
Finish.
Right click patch exe, "Run as Admin". Install into C:\NOW
Finish.
Right click NOW icon, "Run as Admin". I am able to login.

Last edited:
I too had the same login problem (win7 64 bit). Here's what fixed the problem for me:

Download latest NOW exe and patch.
Uninstall NOW.

Right click NOW exe, "Run as Admin". Select custom install. Install into C:\NOW
Finish.
Finish.
Thanks for guidance. OK, I am going to do the same as you described above. Lets see what happens now.

shekharz

Download latest NOW setup exe and patch.
Uninstall NOW.

Right click NOW setup exe, "Run as Admin". Select custom install. Install into C:\NOW
Finish.
Finish.
Hi Sridhar

Thanks for very detailed instructions.

I am now able to login into NOW.

Thanks once again bro.

shekharz

TheDreamer

I don't know why people come to the forum to ask questions about Zerodha when their back-office takes phone call within seconds!!! Just dial 080-41302020 or 080-41682349 or 0990013775 or 09739132020 or 09739142020. Hope this helps.

msa5678

I don't know why people come to the forum to ask questions about Zerodha when their back-office takes phone call within seconds!!! Just dial 080-41302020 or 080-41682349 or 0990013775 or 09739132020 or 09739142020. Hope this helps.
Everybody knows these numbers and their purpose. Bringing the topic in the forum helps in discussing about it and finding the solution.

I also have an account in Sharekhan. There also if you simply sell first it will be shorted. In NOW/Zerodha if you want to short sell simply sell that scrip/stock. That's all... :cool:
No bro u must be mistaken. Simply selling is not Shorting in sharekhan. U need to select sell against margin check mark for Shorting. This was guided to me by sharekhan executive.

Any other expert traders can plz answer my query abt Now sw.

Status
Not open for further replies.