Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerodha or anybody please answer this,

I am going to open Demat and Trading account with Zerodha. I am sending "account payee" cheques to both Zerodha and IL&FS Securities will this create a problem? "Account Payee" acceptable?

Thanks in advance

web based terminal loggs me off after every 15min does now.exe also does the same thing?

EagleOne

So, Sachin, this is what I am gonna do tomorrow: instead of buying/selling a 4000 futures lot, I will pick its equity. 1 by 1 till they become 4000. Then I release them 1 by 1 till all the 4000 are gone. Of course, the STT etc will remain almost unchanged, and the exercise will take almost the whole session. But by god, it would be fun to see you guys going mad watching me taking Rs.16,000 freebie - 20 Rs. by 20 Rs.! :p:D

I know the above exercise will make a hole in my ledger for sure! But hey, fun would be priceless! :p

Jokes apart, congratulation on getting on top of all the brokerage firms in just one year. You guys are good, without a doubt.

By the way, when are you going to provide RT data, Commdities a/c etc? Not on 16th August 2012, I suppose?:)

Hi Fellow Traders,
Aug 15th will be 1 yr from when we started. Thanks for the amazing support! As a token of our appreciation, all our clients who have been trading with us for more than 6 months will have a zero brokerage day on Aug 16th.

Thanks Again
Team Zerodha

Cheers..

Zerodha

hi
do u allow spread order ? and if yes the brokerage for that?

example

Short Nifty 29-Sept-2011 5700 CE @21.50
Long Nifty 29-Sept-2011 5800 CE@ 15.40

kindly tell me the total cost (Brokerage + others Approx) for open and close this type of trade with 10 lot each

and minimum margin money required for this(with 10 lots), as this is a limited loss strategy.
thanks
Hi Chandan,

There is a calendar spread order window, you can place calendar spreads...

The example you have given is not a calendar spread, because they are 2 different strike prices....

For a position like above, there is no margin benefit you get, you would be blocked margin as applicable for each individual position... you can check the margin requirement on our facebook page under discussions....

If it was a calendar spread, buy 5700ce this month and sell 5700 ce next month, then margin would be blocked only one side... exchange gives margin benefit on calendar spread....

As far as brokerage is concerned, if you are buying and selling 10 lots at a time, breakeven point would be around 10-15 paise for nifty options...

Send us an email to [email protected], we will send you a brokerage calculator....

Zerodha

Zerodha or anybody please answer this,

I am going to open Demat and Trading account with Zerodha. I am sending "account payee" cheques to both Zerodha and IL&FS Securities will this create a problem? "Account Payee" acceptable?

Thanks in advance
No problem with account payee cheques, that is how we request the cheques to be sent....

Zerodha

So, Sachin, this is what I am gonna do tomorrow: instead of buying/selling a 4000 futures lot, I will pick its equity. 1 by 1 till they become 4000. Then I release them 1 by 1 till all the 4000 are gone. Of course, the STT etc will remain almost unchanged, and the exercise will take almost the whole session. But by god, it would be fun to see you guys going mad watching me taking Rs.16,000 freebie - 20 Rs. by 20 Rs.! :p:D

I know the above exercise will make a hole in my ledger for sure! But hey, fun would be priceless! :p

Jokes apart, congratulation on getting on top of all the brokerage firms in just one year. You guys are good, without a doubt.

By the way, when are you going to provide RT data, Commdities a/c etc? Not on 16th August 2012, I suppose?:)

Hi Eagle,

The idea is to bring the fun back into it...People are so focussed about money making that they forget trading is actually a lot of fun....

If we can make a contribution towards our clients having fun while trading, I think it is the other half of our job done( first half was to reduce the cost)....

RT data, NSE sent us a warning letter saying we can't distribute data.... There is an option of write to excel now, so if you can program an excel sheet, you can design your own RT data...

Commodities and Currency, both pending for exchange approvals, currency hopefully by end of this week, commodity might take sept end before it is up....

Thanks...

Rock n Roll...

Hi Avi, the entire message:

Hi Fellow Traders,
Aug 15th will be 1 yr from when we started. Thanks for the amazing support! As a token of our appreciation, all our clients who have been trading with us for more than 6 months will have a zero brokerage day on Aug 16th.

Thanks Again
Team Zerodha

Cheers..
wow! what a way to show appreciation on the first anniversary! Hats off guys!:clapping::clapping::clapping:
damn that i missed this boat but such an initiative is unheard of. This is another step in re-assuring me that i'm with the right brokers fo sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.