Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

@Sachin (Zerodha)
NSE Now (software) live feed stops refreshing after a while... sometimes 1 hour... sometimes less. I tried "Refresh Broadcast" but it does not help. The only option then is to log out and then relogin...

Also, I had a question. How can I rollover futures contract? How much does it cost?
2 things, what is the internet speed and service provider?? Have you installed any firewalls on your system?? what is the antivirus running on the system??

For exe to work the best, you need 512 kbps and make sure that no firewalls are enabled...Some antivirus have built in firewalls, so make sure you disable it...

For rolling over, you have to square off this month contract and take a position in the next month.. The cost would be 20 rs as brokerage for exiting this month and 20 rs for entering next month...

lvgandhi

2 things, what is the internet speed and service provider?? Have you installed any firewalls on your system?? what is the antivirus running on the system??

For exe to work the best, you need 512 kbps and make sure that no firewalls are enabled...Some antivirus have built in firewalls, so make sure you disable it...

For rolling over, you have to square off this month contract and take a position in the next month.. The cost would be 20 rs as brokerage for exiting this month and 20 rs for entering next month...
I think spread order can be used for roll over? Am I correct? If so will it be considered single or double order?

Zerodha

I think spread order can be used for roll over? Am I correct? If so will it be considered single or double order?
Yes spread order is also a smart way of rolling over.. It will be considered double order as you are placing order on 2 different contracts and exchange will generate 2 order numbers... Cheers..

Hi Krushi,

Should have given us a buzz if something like this happened...I was on the terminal, didn't face any issues as such.. Do leave your client ID on our email, let me give you a buzz and figure this out...

Cheers..
Hi Sachin,

It was a daunting task but I somehow managed to go thru entire 142 pages.. :)
I am currently pursuing my CMT(don't knw if you have ever heard of it)

Have been wantin to change my broker, so doin a thorough research.

Would just like to say that whenever some1 says he got stuck on NSE NOW(.exe), you give a reason of bad internet speed/firewall/antivirus..Not fair.
I had a word with few people using NOW(exe) and they have had really scary experiences(not from zerodha)
I think the software has still some catchin up to do in terms of tweaking and takin out bugs.

We all know, NOW was out bcoz of Financial Technologies' threat..thats why they wanted to join hands with BSE. Jst bcoz its a NSE product doesn't make it superior. We shud see under what circumstances it was launched.

Plus Now also has static ip and dynamic ip issues, which makes the software act weird..

Also the reason NOW is getting popular is bcoz ODIN(from finantech) asks somwhere 10 -12k per user id, which is not the case with NOW.

There is no alternative to a reliable trading platform.Not even cheapest brokerage.
Kudos to you for your intentions and trying to revolutionisin the industry, but please keep a tab on the most important thin - a reliable trading platform.

In a volatile market like yesterday, no one will call/drop an email when their sw is not working... exactly when it should..

Zerodha is definitely makin people look at things differently and changin the industry for good. Best of luck and I repeat again - A good,reliable trading platform would be your priority.

Hope to come on board soon.. :)

@Sachin(Zerodha)

I have seen the difference betwen Zerodha (till now I have been using nowonline.in, yet to use NOW EXE) and ICICIDirect.

Infact, I believe there is no comparision between ICICIDirect and Zerodha(nowonline.in). This product nowonline of Zerodha is very fast compared to ICICIDirect.

Though as a person who has handled software issues, more can be done to make the nowonline.in more user friendly as per me which will give an enhanced customer satisfaction while using the website.

Regards,

Zerodha

Hi Sachin,

It was a daunting task but I somehow managed to go thru entire 142 pages.. :)
I am currently pursuing my CMT(don't knw if you have ever heard of it)

Have been wantin to change my broker, so doin a thorough research.

Would just like to say that whenever some1 says he got stuck on NSE NOW(.exe), you give a reason of bad internet speed/firewall/antivirus..Not fair.
I had a word with few people using NOW(exe) and they have had really scary experiences(not from zerodha)
I think the software has still some catchin up to do in terms of tweaking and takin out bugs.

We all know, NOW was out bcoz of Financial Technologies' threat..thats why they wanted to join hands with BSE. Jst bcoz its a NSE product doesn't make it superior. We shud see under what circumstances it was launched.

Plus Now also has static ip and dynamic ip issues, which makes the software act weird..

Also the reason NOW is getting popular is bcoz ODIN(from finantech) asks somwhere 10 -12k per user id, which is not the case with NOW.

There is no alternative to a reliable trading platform.Not even cheapest brokerage.
Kudos to you for your intentions and trying to revolutionisin the industry, but please keep a tab on the most important thin - a reliable trading platform.

In a volatile market like yesterday, no one will call/drop an email when their sw is not working... exactly when it should..

Zerodha is definitely makin people look at things differently and changin the industry for good. Best of luck and I repeat again - A good,reliable trading platform would be your priority.

Hope to come on board soon.. :)
NOW in 2009 had its issues which was fixed, the reason we tied up with NSE for NOW was after seeing it perform well under various conditions in the market...

what we tell the clients is also the same, it is just not about the brokerage, you could have zero costs and still blow up your account in 1 day because of a bad strategy...

We tell all our clients, if you want to use NOW software version make sure to have atleast 512kbps of connection and an average system for a decent performance. Otherwise there is always the webversion to trade on... Firewalls screw up the performance of NOW. I was on the terminal yesterday and it is the same thing that everyone else is using.. The problem has to be uniform for everyone, it can't happen to me and happen for someone else...

Typically during sudden volatile movements of the market, traders experience a syndrome called invisible gorilla, especially when caught in the wrong side... It was not that NOW was not ticking, it was that the position he couldn't see... On the dealer terminal, there are 2 ways to look at the net positions:
1. Alt f6 , takes you to net positions.
2. f11, takes you to admin positions and here you can see daywise and netwise positions...In times of anxiety, we see a lot of people looking at the wrong place for net positions... If you are holding positions from overnight it shows in netwise positions and any intraday positions show up in daywise positions...

It is better to look always at net positions ALT + f6 ... Admin positions are given as an additional facility on NOW.

IS NOW perfect?? absolutely not, there are things that can be improved, which the NSE NOW team is working on.. But which platform is perfect??

The biggest challenge we at Zerodha are facing is, people assume that because we are trying to do it at a low cost we are compromising on quality... I have traded with almost all the big brokers in the country and on most of the trading platforms. NOW, for me personally is a favorite, because of the speed and reliability that comes along with it...From the time we have started, we haven't had 1 instance of downtime(1 yr)...How many of the big brokers can claim the same??

An ODIN might be a more tried and tested platform, but with an ODIN you are relying on the brokers server for your trades...The people who are offering ODIN are mid sized brokers, how many of these mid sized brokers have a disaster management for their servers?? I have had personally an issue where I couldn't exit a position for 2 days on an ODIN platform provided by a popular low cost broker...

Thanks for the good words at the end.. :) ... we definitely are trying our best to provide a platform where traders have the highest probability of being profitable.. The endeavor started with low cost model and it is just the beginning in the broking space...

Looking forward to have you on board ...

Rock n Roll .... ;)...... Cheers....

.Pride.

NOW is decent to trade on...however the charting sucks...the charts don't even update on their own and we can't draw even a single line on them...TAME has a 10min delay...

I was hoping I could discontinue my e-Signal subscription once I started trading on NOW :(

NOW in 2009 had its issues which was fixed, the reason we tied up with NSE for NOW was after seeing it perform well under various conditions in the market...

what we tell the clients is also the same, it is just not about the brokerage, you could have zero costs and still blow up your account in 1 day because of a bad strategy...

We tell all our clients, if you want to use NOW software version make sure to have atleast 512kbps of connection and an average system for a decent performance. Otherwise there is always the webversion to trade on... Firewalls screw up the performance of NOW. I was on the terminal yesterday and it is the same thing that everyone else is using.. The problem has to be uniform for everyone, it can't happen to me and happen for someone else...

Typically during sudden volatile movements of the market, traders experience a syndrome called invisible gorilla, especially when caught in the wrong side... It was not that NOW was not ticking, it was that the position he couldn't see... On the dealer terminal, there are 2 ways to look at the net positions:
2. f11, takes you to admin positions and here you can see daywise and netwise positions...In times of anxiety, we see a lot of people looking at the wrong place for net positions... If you are holding positions from overnight it shows in netwise positions and any intraday positions show up in daywise positions...

It is better to look always at net positions ALT + f6 ... Admin positions are given as an additional facility on NOW.

IS NOW perfect?? absolutely not, there are things that can be improved, which the NSE NOW team is working on.. But which platform is perfect??

The biggest challenge we at Zerodha are facing is, people assume that because we are trying to do it at a low cost we are compromising on quality... I have traded with almost all the big brokers in the country and on most of the trading platforms. NOW, for me personally is a favorite, because of the speed and reliability that comes along with it...From the time we have started, we haven't had 1 instance of downtime(1 yr)...How many of the big brokers can claim the same??

An ODIN might be a more tried and tested platform, but with an ODIN you are relying on the brokers server for your trades...The people who are offering ODIN are mid sized brokers, how many of these mid sized brokers have a disaster management for their servers?? I have had personally an issue where I couldn't exit a position for 2 days on an ODIN platform provided by a popular low cost broker...

Thanks for the good words at the end.. :) ... we definitely are trying our best to provide a platform where traders have the highest probability of being profitable.. The endeavor started with low cost model and it is just the beginning in the broking space...

Good luck for the exciting journey.. Would be in bangalore some tim soon.. Will try to get in touch with you then.. :)

Is there a way to import data from NOW to amibroker ??
like we can do in PIB and TT wit the help of some utilities...

:clap::thumb::clapping::thanx::hap2:

@Sachin(Zerodha)

I am confused with the following, whether it is my mistake or software bug, could you please clarify.

Today, I purchased 4 Lots Nifty @ 5686.00 JAN through nowonline.in express and since i did not want the trade to go against me, somewhere i read that if i put a sell at a lower price i.e. 5670.00 and was ready for a loss of Rs.3200/- if at all it went to the level of 5670.00 but when i keyed in the information to sell at 5670.00 JAN, the software immediately executed the sell order at 5688.00. Luckly in this case there was no loss to me but still I am perplexed as to what went wrong here.

In nowonline.in, in order to put a stop loss, suppose i put a buy of 200 at 5686.00, i can put a sell of 200 at 5670.00 and it should get executed only if the market reaches 5670 is it not. I saw that at the time of putting the above order the market was at 5688.

Could you let me know what went wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.