Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

how are you using NOW with finvasia? they told me that they discontinued NOW
yes unfortunately they are phasing it out. Current users have not been shifted so far.

yes it is better to plan a backup well in advance ... i am well aware abt IB ... their TWS is click trading .. i like keyboard trading better.... like Nest ... for click trading there is something i would like to have but nobody has thought of it yet in India... trading from DOM.. it is best and most convenient
I cant trade directly, just dont like risk of mistakes. So all my trades go through some code layers in between. IB is perfect for that.

Schatz

If i have to try writing code for IB how do i do that.. any tutorial for that? I dont know much about connecting APIs and well.. but would like to learn easiest way to do that for Indian brokers and IB..

r u using python for the same?>

If i have to try writing code for IB how do i do that.. any tutorial for that? I dont know much about connecting APIs and well.. but would like to learn easiest way to do that for Indian brokers and IB..

r u using python for the same?>
IB - You can look at the reference, i did some initial testing in python a while ago and it worked well but i have not yet built a fully featured layer over it as i dont trade with ib yet. If you are using a charting tool, then maybe also check if it already supports IB. For Nest/Now, best way for me has been to use AHK and automate over GUI. But api will always be easier and faster.

We are a bit off topic in this thread, so wont continue further, good luck ..

lemondew

fyers free api is news for me. If you happen to use it let me know how it is.
Yes, Interactive Brokers. They are probably one of the biggest broker in the world even if Indian share is low. And now they have discount brokerage too + free api. ST has mentioned many times that they are very reliable in execution. I actually want to trade with them in future once i start trading futures. Seems no brainer for trading Nifty.
Payout issue - News was for karvy

Downside is that levrage is lower ( so lower risk on broker too) and they are not viable for stocks cash and even pharma futures. And every 3 months they send back money due to stupid SEBI rule that they rigidly follow without any workaround. Last one is the most annoying and so probably need a backup broker. Also they will charge min 200 + gst per month if there is no activity.
Good to have two brokers anyway .. My plan is to trade Nifty with them and stocks cash with another broker.

Looking for recommendations too. Right now i am trading with finvasia ( no issues + NOW) but will need to reconsider what to use with larger capital, was thinking RKSV but fyers now have free api.

Even after years of having an Api, zerodha is not able to provide support for its Api, even after charging for it. You have to write EVERY function. Plus limitations of max calls to Api per second. Fyers will take care looong time to provide a good product

fyers free api is news for me. If you happen to use it let me know how it is.
They just announced in fyers thread. See here for doc.

Rest is very easy to work with in python and they have fyers lib on top of it. So coding would be simple, only question is how reliable their servers are and that's where both zerodha and rksv apparently came short, not sure why.
Not moving in short term but we can consider for future once api reliability is clear. Abhi to IB pe kam karna hai for NF ..

Even after years of having an Api, zerodha is not able to provide support for its Api, even after charging for it. You have to write EVERY function. Plus limitations of max calls to Api per second. Fyers will take care looong time to provide a good product
Zerodha have been unfortunately unreliable for a lot of things. There is no reason why api should be unreliable. Fyers already gave decent functionality looking at the docs, and adding callbacks through their libs ( if not already there ) should reduce the need to constantly ping them for status.
So then if i only need to send say 10-20 orders a day, there will hardly be any need for many api calls.

Hi Zerodha team, i want to know does Zerodha provides leverage for Nifty / Banknifty weekly expiry options when using cover order or bracket order ? On margin page it shows only Nifty / banknifty monthly symbols.
So for weekly expiry do you also provide 1.4x leverage ??
Please Clarify anyone who is trading Nifty, BN with zerodha..