Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

First thing, let me made is clear, that what fear I described is a generalised one and no way related with Z.
Now to the point, yes they have to send margin statement, but only for the open positions, that is future positions holding at close of the day. While this type of herapheri is to be done when a trader closes his future trade and the blocked margin has to be released. I dont think if any trader has ever checked his blocked margin and then for released margin amount, after a trade, as it is no way feasible and possible to check it and so a herapheri of 100/200 will remain unnoticed

BTW, have you ever checked, that correct margin amount has been credited to your trading account, after squaring off a future trade
I keep a "diary" of sorts, & put down details about the trades taken every day, so it's easy enough to recognize even small inconsistencies & I'm not sure if I've seen them. Bear in mind, I take only a couple of trades a day (occasionally, upto a dozen but that's pretty rare), so it's easy enough to do that for intraday trades but it might be more cumbersome for someone doing positional trading &/or doing dozens of trades every day.

I keep a "diary" of sorts, & put down details about the trades taken every day, so it's easy enough to recognize even small inconsistencies & I'm not sure if I've seen them. Bear in mind, I take only a couple of trades a day (occasionally, upto a dozen but that's pretty rare), so it's easy enough to do that for intraday trades but it might be more cumbersome for someone doing positional trading &/or doing dozens of trades every day.
Its good if you note down margin blocked after every future trade and margin released after squaring off that trade, daily basis.
But how you come to know that x amount has been blocked and x amount has been released.

You may reply after market hours, no hurry.

Its good if you note down margin blocked after every future trade and margin released after squaring off that trade, daily basis.
But how you come to know that x amount has been blocked and x amount has been released.

You may reply after market hours, no hurry.
Ok, I read your previous post again, & it seems that you mean keeping track of margin blocked & released DURING the market-hours (which I don't necessarily do since it's hard enough to keep an eye on the markets) whereas I was talking about tallying your balances every day, after considering MTM & costs. Anyway, if you're talking about checking margins DURING the market-hours then I don't see how Rs.100-200 matters if one is trading Futures since in the context of Futures trading, having such minor margin blocked isn't going to make a huge impact; so, AS LONG AS, they're properly accounted for after the end of the day, I don't see that as a huge concern.
Please correct me if I've not properly understood your concern.

I am saying
suppose they block margin amount of 50540 for a future trade taken at a time, and suppose you took multiple trades before you squared off your first trade. now what if they release 50340 or say any amount lower than 50540, after you square off your trade. Can one track this heraferi in real time or afterwards, for intraday future positions. If yes then how.

One may note that exchange issue margin file many time during day time, for margin to be blocked for a future trade. and so margin blocked may be different at different time.

BTW, what we get in daily margin statement, is a consolidated statement for the whole day and not for individual trade and it is inclusive of many other amounts.

I am saying
suppose they block margin amount of 50540 for a future trade taken at a time, and suppose you took multiple trades before you squared off your first trade. now what if they release 50340 or say any amount lower than 50540, after you square off your trade. Can one track this heraferi in real time or afterwards, for intraday future positions. If yes then how.

One may note that exchange issue margin file many time during day time, for margin to be blocked for a future trade. and so margin blocked may be different at different time.

BTW, what we get in daily margin statement, is a consolidated statement for the whole day and not for individual trade and it is inclusive of many other amounts.
we can track it in real time if you are using NEST trader..

Under View Order and Trade reports tab, you can see view RMS limits ..there you can see margins blocked against each trade, how much margin is blocked against your available funds etc etc

we can track it in real time if you are using NEST trader..

Under View Order and Trade reports tab, you can see view RMS limits ..there you can see margins blocked against each trade, how much margin is blocked against your available funds etc etc
thanks,
yes, I am aware of that RMS limits.
my concern is more for margin released than margin blocked,
now one can check margin released here also (in RMS view) but it will be inclusive of MTM profit and loss also, and a heraferi of 100/200 can be done easily, as no one (I dont think, if anyone) check all this calculation, so deeply, rupee by rupee.

Moreover, is it possible to track this way, for all trades, in a day. Though not impossible but not feasible for a trader who do multiple trades in a day, in my view.

thanks,
yes, I am aware of that RMS limits.
my concern is more for margin released than margin blocked,
now one can check margin released here also (in RMS view) but it will be inclusive of MTM profit and loss also, and a heraferi of 100/200 can be done easily, as no one (I dont think, if anyone) check all this calculation, so deeply, rupee by rupee.

Moreover, is it possible to track this way, for all trades, in a day. Though not impossible but not feasible for a trader who do multiple trades in a day, in my view.
I never bothered/checked about margin blocked and released ..i just check ledger everyday, and cross verify with contract notes..

Yes, thats a million dollar question now.
But still WisdomCapital and Finvasia are good alternatives.

If you trade simple, no leverage etc. and even better if you trade in cash scrips and options (no futures)
I trade only options (not option writing). So far, have no issues with both of them (though a friend of mine has some issues with them, some mix up issues, trying to settle it at the earliast)

Also heard about SASOnline, good service, from other trader friends but I am not their client.