Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

comm4300

kite showing zero balance and zero positions this morning at 6.48am. have sent pm.

hopefully, will be sorted before market opens.

and can you please come out with correct answer as to why this happens randomly?

I would like to understand how this entire BO/Trading application works and how the balances are picked up?

TraderRavi

low risk profile

Blackhole

well I have seen sub-brokers(not zerodha) , in a quest to generate brokerage use frequent entry and exiting at minor profit/breakeven.
thus at end of month, say for 50k account, generate 2k profit, but they earn brokerage of 10 lakhs or greater, :eek:

maybe due to these type of strategies/people zerodha capped refund to 30k previously.
hmmm to lagta hai competitors ke competition jo winners hai yaha se broekrage kar ke waha par satta laga rahe thi:D aur wo jeet rahe hai :lol: hum garibo ka haq cheen ke:annoyed:

There is someone who has taken out a petition against increase in STT on options. I think it is a good idea to support it

https://www.change.org/p/arun-rollback-increase-in-stt-on-options-trading
In the words of the petitioner:

"In an already shallow options market, liquidity drying up is equivalent to the atomic explosion at Hiroshima. Eventually, liquidity and therefore the market participation will dry up, shooing away the investor community."

Laughable exaggerations like these make it even more likely that FM's offiice will disregard even genuine petitions that might be filed in the future on behalf of the trading community.

Blackhole

60 days challenge was a great initiative. I see many winning 60 days challenge in our forum and becoming consistantly profitable traders and that is a happy news.

Smart_trade
Maybe discontinuing the challenge will offer a diminishing rate of return. Almost every customer of the discount broker has an account with more than one discount broker. Almost all the discount brokers offer the same / similar trading platform (NOW or NEST as provided by the Exchange), similarities in the turnover charges etc. Those who stick to one broker do so because of some perceived advantages over the others.

i Believe they started following brokers code....thats greedy in nature...they get hard cash as commission....

60 day challenge ....they were loosing......at least what they say

now they come up with open trade.....imagine a trader putting 50 trades a month and getting 35-40 profitable trades and has 1 or 5 thousand followers.....all will get profit out of it...so nobody will bother abt brokerage refund and winner has followers list instead of getting brokerage of his trades he will get a huge share of his followers hit trade...he will get more in return....zerodha will get huge commission coz of winning ratio of clients more trades will be put on....u know amateurs are easy catch for winning fallacy....its all biz

That 30K cap must have filtered out the frequent fliers. I remember that somewhere in this forum zerodha had claimed to have refunded 5crore brokerage annually.

Blackhole, that opentrade thing, I find 1000 followers of a trader a laughable thing. Anyway, if that happens, it would offset the brokerage refund costs for zerodha, thus creating a win-win situation.

i Believe they started following brokers code....thats greedy in nature...they get hard cash as commission....

60 day challenge ....they were loosing......at least what they say

now they come up with open trade.....imagine a trader putting 50 trades a month and getting 35-40 profitable trades and has 1 or 5 thousand followers.....all will get profit out of it...so nobody will bother abt brokerage refund and winner has followers list instead of getting brokerage of his trades he will get a huge share of his followers hit trade...he will get more in return....zerodha will get huge commission coz of winning ratio of clients more trades will be put on....u know amateurs are easy catch for winning fallacy....its all biz

Dear Zerodha, what is final call on 60 days challenge? Please come up with some mutually attractive scheme so that everyone is more excited about trading business. :)

Thanks & regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Dear Zerodha, what is final call on 60 days challenge? Please come up with some mutually attractive scheme so that everyone is more excited about trading business. :)

Thanks & regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Don't ask. They are likely to keep you hanging till 1st April :D