Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Three critical things I want in pi, so that I can move full time to pi.
@Zerodha
1. How does I open a chart over an existing chart.
Example:- In NEST if you do not "lock script" on an existing chart and do "Shift+p" it opens a chart over an existing chart along with the chart setting s/ indicator s of previously opened chart.
In the new release of Pi ,the search scrip(1st icon ) on the toolbar allows to change the scrip ,allowing the indicators to be saved in the new scrip :thumb:

Seems like updation for the day has been done. Just trying to work out what's going wrong where. It seems that the problem is with the Equity segment data. The currency part seems to have updated the number of days left, but the number of days left for equity is unchanged. The profit amount for equity has been updated but shows the gross profit - the expenses have not been deducted.

Current display :

Previous display :

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Seems like updation for the day has been done. Just trying to work out what's going wrong where. It seems that the problem is with the Equity segment data. The currency part seems to have updated the number of days left, but the number of days left for equity is unchanged. The profit amount for equity has been updated but shows the gross profit - the expenses have not been deducted.

Current display :

Previous display :
yes challenge only showing gross profit , they said some error.

Zerodha

Hmm..
I know the template part, templates do not save color of grid or thickness of line etc. But thats not the point of my query.

Let me explain you with my actual trading use-case, which I want to replicate with Zerodha pi Terminal.

Current Terminal: RKSV NEST

I keep 4-5 scripts in my market watch-list. I use my laptop for main terminal/market watch-list and on my 24-inch monitor I Keep 2-charts side by side and explore trading opportunities.

And if I want to change the chart with a new script, i just do a "shift+p" and the selected chart is replaced by the new script.
Here I do not have to again set the chart size/scale on monitor to view optimized screen use space etc.

But in pi since it opens every chart in new widow, I have to go in
i)view
ii)pop-out chart
iii)drag the chart to monitor
iv)re-size/scale it to optimize monitor space etc.
In the new release of Pi, you can change the scrip directly on the chart, so that all indicators remain. You can have both charts opened and kept next to each other, and change scrip directly from the chart. We will give the shortcut key for this soon.

As I said earlier, the old backoffice kind of gets little clunky as it reaches the financial year end. The charges takes time to show up, hence this 60 day window ends up showing Zero. We will have this fixed for good in the next couple of months. We will have a temp fix for this soon.
Agreed..agreed. I was wondering whether I will be able to start the next challenge tomorrow, the current challenge having ended today.

Re: How much margin required

Suppose if i buy 1lot of zinc for feb and short 1 lot of march than how much margin is required. And plz also tell how much brokrage is charged totally.
Suppose if i buy at 120 and sold at 122 .

Same in gold also buy 1lot current series and sell next series
Zerodha i asked this before also but u didnt reply.

Zerodha

Re: How much margin required

Suppose if i buy 1lot of zinc for feb and short 1 lot of march than how much margin is required. And plz also tell how much brokrage is charged totally.
Suppose if i buy at 120 and sold at 122 .

Same in gold also buy 1lot current series and sell next series
Around 50% of one side margin is required for calendar spread

So long Zinc is around 44k per lot. So to take both long and short, u will need around 22k

Gold is around 1.6lks per lot, so around 80k to take calendar spread (long 1 fut and short next month).

Brokerage is Rs 20 per executed order. So long + short is Rs 20+ Rs 20, when u exit, it will be another Rs 40.