Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Sorry, left column. The tools used to be docked on the left side of the window instead of floating. I would like it to be docked because much like physical tools for drawing like pencils pen and compass, they need to be kept in a stand so they are accessible and the stand doesnt change it's place. Tools are supposed to be floating, they need to stay in one place.
Go to usersettigs there is an option for fixed or float toolbar check box
Alternatively, right hand corner of toolbar has "">>"" click it, all tools will remain available all the time. Then drag n drop where you want to keep the tool bar.

@Zerodha great job for this release, looks and works better.

Last edited:
Three critical things I want in pi, so that I can move full time to pi.
@Zerodha
1. How does I open a chart over an existing chart.
Example:- In NEST if you do not "lock script" on an existing chart and do "Shift+p" it opens a chart over an existing chart along with the chart setting s/ indicator s of previously opened chart.

Last edited:

comm4300

@zerodha

If i have to put on covered call staretegy:
I.e i buy the stock ; pledge it and write call option against it.

Now at certain point in time say expiry day i wish to sell my stocks, i'll have to first unpledge it (t+1) and then wait for the stocks to come into my a/c and then sell it? right?

Can i not ask for you to sell the stocks pledged?

chintan786

@ Zerodha,

I was trading Crude Oil Future today. Almost whole Day Margin was Rs.33000/- but after 7 pm, all of sudden increased to 64000/- wants to know why?

Chintan

Last edited:

Zerodha

Three critical things I want in pi, so that I can move full time to pi.
@Zerodha
1. How does I open a chart over an existing chart.
Example:- In NEST if you do not "lock script" on an existing chart and do "Shift+p" it opens a chart over an existing chart along with the chart setting s/ indicator s of previously opened chart.
You can save chart as a template, open any chart and apply the template. So all the indicators automatically come on it.

Zerodha

@zerodha

If i have to put on covered call staretegy:
I.e i buy the stock ; pledge it and write call option against it.

Now at certain point in time say expiry day i wish to sell my stocks, i'll have to first unpledge it (t+1) and then wait for the stocks to come into my a/c and then sell it? right?

Can i not ask for you to sell the stocks pledged?
Currently you will have to wait for the stocks to be unpledged before you sell it. But we are working on this, to give instant access as soon as you sell it.

Zerodha

@ Zerodha,

I was trading Crude Oil Future today. Almost whole Day Margin was Rs.33000/- but after 7 pm, all of sudden increased to 64000/- wants to know why?

Chintan
Not sure if it went up so much, but exchanges have their own way to determine margin requirements. This is not done by the broker.

You can save chart as a template, open any chart and apply the template. So all the indicators automatically come on it.
Hmm..
I know the template part, templates do not save color of grid or thickness of line etc. But thats not the point of my query.

Let me explain you with my actual trading use-case, which I want to replicate with Zerodha pi Terminal.

Current Terminal: RKSV NEST

I keep 4-5 scripts in my market watch-list. I use my laptop for main terminal/market watch-list and on my 24-inch monitor I Keep 2-charts side by side and explore trading opportunities.

And if I want to change the chart with a new script, i just do a "shift+p" and the selected chart is replaced by the new script.
Here I do not have to again set the chart size/scale on monitor to view optimized screen use space etc.

But in pi since it opens every chart in new widow, I have to go in
i)view
ii)pop-out chart
iii)drag the chart to monitor
iv)re-size/scale it to optimize monitor space etc.

How much margin required

Suppose if i buy 1lot of zinc for feb and short 1 lot of march than how much margin is required. And plz also tell how much brokrage is charged totally.
Suppose if i buy at 120 and sold at 122 .

Same in gold also buy 1lot current series and sell next series