Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Contra

If you click on the question mark, you can see the numerical account number.
https://zerodha.com/fund-transfer
Yes, I know. But as per the latest communique from Zerodha, that numerical account number can't be used any more for funds transfer. Only the alphabetical one is to be used. They haven't updated this info yet on their funds transfer page.

To quote from their email: "Trading margins may not get updated if you transfer funds to 05230340001348"

Yes, I know. But as per the latest communique from Zerodha, that numerical account number can't be used any more for funds transfer. Only the alphabetical one is to be used. They haven't updated this info yet on their funds transfer page.

To quote from their email: "Trading margins may not get updated if you transfer funds to 05230340001348"
Yes, no updated mail has been sent, But the account number has been updated. Their support guided me to this - https://support.zerodha.com/categor...this-is-there-an-alternative?ref_query=zernse
It is working for me.

Today I have noticed that Zerodha collected call and trade charges. I think collecting the charges is unfair. Raised a ticket.

The following is the issue as explained to Zerodha.

"There was a ledger entry for 08-Mar-2019 showing that Rs.70.80/- was debited from my account towards call and trade charges. On that day there was a problem with order modification. I could not modify orders from Kite and Zerodha Trader. I have tried from two laptops and mobile.
I had to call your support team and explain the problem. The support person acknowledged that there is a problem and suggested that he will cancel the orders so that I can put fresh orders. How can this be considered as problem from my end to collect call and trade charges?
Please revert the debited amount."
Happy to inform that Zerodha has reversed the incorrect debit. The debited amount is credited to my account today.

I had some open bracket order positions. I tried to modify a stop loss order value from kite. But instead M button for modify , wrongly touched C button for exit and immediately without any confirmation my order got square off. Why cant zerodha ask a confirmation screen to check for confirming the actions ? Such mistake make happen for many users particularly in mobiles. Because of this , my profitable position of 3k went to just breakeven (loss if brokerage is adjusted) as market moved suddenly before i realised what has happened and made a new bracket order to open the position again.

Hi friends
I want to invest some money in ELSS to save tax under 80C. I have never invested in ELSS or any MF, so far. So do I need to go through KYC (as a friend of mine told me).
If so, what will be the procedure to start with, where to apply for KYC etc etc.
Anyway, I have a Zerodha account, although I have not traded since a long time but it is still operative. Can I invest in ELSS through them. Please post some details, to do it, if I can.
Thanks

iwillwin

Hi friends
I want to invest some money in ELSS to save tax under 80C. I have never invested in ELSS or any MF, so far. So do I need to go through KYC (as a friend of mine told me).
If so, what will be the procedure to start with, where to apply for KYC etc etc.
Anyway, I have a Zerodha account, although I have not traded since a long time but it is still operative. Can I invest in ELSS through them. Please post some details, to do it, if I can.
Thanks
For 80C max exemption is 150000, if you are salaried employee, check how much shortfall u have after considering PF, Insurance, home loan principal (if any)

If the shortfall is considerable, you must invest in elss....here I have assumed that u r a salaried employee having salary above 5-6 lacs annually

For 80C max exemption is 150000, if you are salaried employee, check how much shortfall u have after considering PF, Insurance, home loan principal (if any)

If the shortfall is considerable, you must invest in elss....here I have assumed that u r a salaried employee having salary above 5-6 lacs annually
Thanks for reply. I am a salaried employee. Please reply to my query, if you can. Thanks