Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

yusi

Have an issue that relates to mismatch in DP quantities.

On 2019.01.08, I had sold 40 LIQUIDBEES, and have received the contract note for the same.

On 2019.01.09, an SMS from CDSL says that 37 have been debited.
On 2019.01.10, another SMS from CDSL says that 0.343 have been debited.

Does not add up; time to check. Wrote to india@zerodha on 2019.01.12 about this. Did not receive a confirmation or response till today. In the past, it was noticed that emails to support@zerodha did not get a confirmation but india@zerodha did. Just in case, posted this to support.zerodha.com today.

Zerodha BO shows (quantities have been modified):

On 2019.01.03, holding shows 142.84
On 2019.01.08, holding shows 100.183
On 2019.01.09, holding shows 105.84
On 2019.01.10, holding shows 102.84

CDSL shows

On 2019.01.03, holding shows 140.183
On 2019.01.09, holding shows 103.183 (debit of 37)
On 2019.01.10, holding shows 102.84 (debit of 0.343)

The Zerodha ledger shows a credit of Rs 39,994.39 on 2019.01.08.

[Moral question: should I have reported this Z, or kept quiet?]

With the new back-office up at console.zerodha.com, it was time to revisit the issue of availability of old contract notes pending now for 15 months.

"The (old) Contract Notes will be available only after Migaration of our Backoffice" turns out to be an empty promise. The page says that what is being offered is a max of 3 months of CN download ("Contract note and Margin statements are available for the last 3 months"). Also, once you try it out, each download can only be for 30 days. Fortunately Oct with 31 days, worked. The download of such combined CNs have names such as 'ccn-userIdnse-bse2018-10-012018-10-31.pdf'. That is a step-up in using the correct date format of yyyy-mm-dd, though separators have taken a hit.

After some time, it occurred to me that Zerodha would be shooting themselves in the foot if they had such restrictions. So It tried a period older than 3 months. It worked -- CNs from April 2018 are available. The import to MProfit was smooth.

But before I realized that CNs for all the months of the current financial year were available, the fallback was to get the CNs from the daily emails. That is laborious and error-prone because

a. The subject line has changed from
Contract note / (10-04-2018)
Combined Contract Note Equity - 23 July, 2018
Combined Equity Contract Note for userId - December 17, 2018

b. The sender has changed (not the same time as subject line was changed)
- [email protected]
- Zerodha <[email protected]>

c. Verification of saved count is difficult
- because of date format used (will their developers learn that mm-dd-yy format is not sortable)
- the Reports->Tradebook calendar heatmap has a column-wise date order (jeez!) which makes it difficult to match CN dates. For just a count, it is perhaps easier to download the Tradebook excel and count the unique dates. But if you've missed one, there is no shortcut.

But, at least, the lay of the land is clear. It is not certain if Zerodha will continue to offer the combined CNs for the full financial year, in spite of the maximum of 3 months comment on the back-office page. Best to be up to speed.
You need to mail them through their support portal to create a ticket now.
https://support.zerodha.com/

yusi

You need to mapyil them through their support portal to create a ticket now.
https://support.zerodha.com/
Yup. "need to" is the magic phrase here. Think about it, why is it the only way to create a ticket now. You have implicitly lost the initiative (or high ground in Star War terms).

When you emailed earlier (to support@z or india@z), you had a local record. With support.zerodha, the acknowledgement ticket does not contain a copy of your write; it is a remote record.

Also, for some reason that I cannot fathom yet, what you write on support.z has white space removed. Multi-para write-ups, or formatted writeups, are very hard to read later. Also, they close support tickets at their whim and fancy, even when specifically asked not to as it has not been resolved.

Raj232

Yup. "need to" is the magic phrase here. Think about it, why is it the only way to create a ticket now. You have implicitly lost the initiative (or high ground in Star War terms).

When you emailed earlier (to support@z or india@z), you had a local record. With support.zerodha, the acknowledgement ticket does not contain a copy of your write; it is a remote record.

Also, for some reason that I cannot fathom yet, what you write on support.z has white space removed. Multi-para write-ups, or formatted writeups, are very hard to read later. Also, they close support tickets at their whim and fancy, even when specifically asked not to as it has not been resolved.
Fully agree with you !!
It would be better to raise the issue about the mismatch in DP holding, just in case some employee is tinkering with the records !!
Better safe than sorry !!!

yusi

Have an issue that relates to mismatch in DP quantities.

On 2019.01.08, I had sold 40 LIQUIDBEES, and have received the contract note for the same.

On 2019.01.09, an SMS from CDSL says that 37 have been debited.
On 2019.01.10, another SMS from CDSL says that 0.343 have been debited.
Got a response. It explains how the SMSs from the depository will be received on the next working day i.e. Trading + 1 working day. "For instance, if you are selling the scrip on Monday, you will be getting the SMS on Tuesday regarding the debit of the shares."

Damn Nithin really sings well ,, Cant be angry on him anymore if Kite goes down !

Totally disagree. It is one of my favourite song. I listen to it almost daily. Often in lyrical mode and often in instrumental mode.

This philosophical song showing idealistic values was written by greatest Indian lyricist Shailendra, who was Marxists by leanings. And it was composed by the most influential musian of 60s-70s Shankar-Jaikishan. And it was sung by great Mukesh ji.

Just listen the original song and try to understand the message it is trying to convey.

How does it gel with Zerodha's heartless, ruthless and ethicless way of doing business?

Masks, masks everywhere...

He successfully ruined melodious music of SJ... voice was insufferable... as a connoisseur of old Indian music I didn't like it one bit....

Last edited:
Got a response. It explains how the SMSs from the depository will be received on the next working day i.e. Trading + 1 working day. "For instance, if you are selling the scrip on Monday, you will be getting the SMS on Tuesday regarding the debit of the shares."
I also experienced same.
I was having 52 units of Liquidbees in my demat ( earlier with ILFS and subsequently transfered to Zerodha demat after they changed the system of demat holding)since long and I never pledged or did any buy sell of the same since last 1 to 1.5 years.

On 10 01 2019 I have seen 54 units in my Kite holding and surprisingly on 11 01 2019 it again went down to 52 unit and it was showing a discrepancy report of 2.163 units along with 1unit of Suntek equity.

This is very strange which never happened.

I sent them a mail and a subsequent ticket was issued , and since then several mails and telephonic discussions made no change.

They are saying they are "very sorry and get back to me" (which they never did), "it is showing as this is a mock trading day (12th Jan)", "the issue has been addressed to concerned department", but till today the issue is still pending.

I am sending them screenshots of Kite holding, discrepancy report,and console holding value as a daily basis but in vein.

There are absolutely no response from them but a acknowledgement of my mail from the suport stuff whom I insisted to reply in writing immediately.

I am requesting Zerodha authorities through this platform to attend this issue immediately and revert back to me with the complete explanation along with way forward.

Regards
Sunando

Raj232

I am requesting Zerodha authorities through this platform to attend this issue immediately and revert back to me with the complete explanation along with way forward.

Regards
Sunando
0-dha does not visit this forum to read your complaints or resolve issues, they are just here to post when they launch a new product. :)
If you are not getting a satisfactory response, raise the issue with SEBI within 30 days.