Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

This thread is a continuation of http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/73585-zerodha-part-2-a.html

Please continue your discussion here...
WE went live on Aug 2010, guess started answering queries on traderji in September 2010:

1. First thread hit 1000 pages and over 1.5 million views. Link: http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha.html
2. Second thread started in September 2012, almost 2 million views.
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/73585-zerodha-part-2-a.html

3.5 million views in just the 2 threads we are managing with almost 3500 posts by Zerodha, a big Thank You to traderji to let us be live on this forum and put the word out there.

So as we close in on our 3rd year of being in business, we start our 3rd thread on Traderji.

3.5 million views in just the 2 threads we are managing with almost 3500 posts by Zerodha,

3.5 million views ==> loads of advertisement $$$$$$$ for Traderji platform :D

A Win - Win for everyone :thumb:

Best wishes for this third version of Zerodha thread

:) Happy

I just opened my account with Zerodha. Account opening process was a pleasure and everything went well. Until today when I tried to access my Zerodha account online. Their claim on home page "First HTML5 online trading platform" was one of the reason to open an account beside the flat brokerage offer. I thought may be it was a problem with Chrome, then I tried in Firefox. I didn't expect from Zerodha that they would also ask their users to use "Crappy Internet Explorer". Well how am I supposed to access my trading account. I use Linux. I am a strict Linux only user and refrain from using any MS products. For the sole reason that there's no good CandleStick charting application for Linux for BSE/NSE I built my own charting application for personal use. Seriously I am tired from this topsy-turvy world. It all is giving me headache now and making me contemplate why am I writing this all. Have to install crappy Windows now. Sorry Zerodha, but this is very disappointing, after all the claims of being a revolutionary broker. It's ok that your company is kind of a startup per se, but why haven't you marketed your online trading application to be in a beta stage considered it isn't a cross browser/platform compatible. With thousands of web frameworks out there what does it takes to build true cross platform application beside effort and a good team, that a company like Zerodha can obviously arrange.

Anyway,everyone is such a Lebowsky in this country of ours! From TV,ISP's, Print Media,Retailers,Beuracrats,Middle Men(Dalals),Politicians,etc to our Transport systems receiving a scrupulous service is serendipity to be honest.

Last edited:
I just opened my account with Zerodha. Account opening process was a pleasure and everything went well. Until today when I tried to access my Zerodha account online. Their claim on home page "First HTML5 online trading platform" was one of the reason to open an account beside the flat brokerage offer. I thought may be it was a problem with Chrome, then I tried in Firefox. I didn't expect from Zerodha that they would also ask their users to use "Crappy Internet Explorer". Well how am I supposed to access my trading account. I use Linux. I am a strict Linux only user and refrain from using any MS products. For the sole reason that there's no good CandleStick charting application for Linux for BSE/NSE I built my own charting application for personal use. Seriously I am tired from this topsy-turvy world. It all is giving me headache now and making me contemplate why am I writing this all. Have to install crappy Windows now. Sorry Zerodha, but this is very disappointing, after all the claims of being a revolutionary broker. It's ok that your company is kind of a startup per se, but why haven't you marketed your online trading application to be in a beta stage considered it isn't a cross browser/platform compatible. With thousands of web frameworks out there what does it takes to build true cross platform application beside effort and a good team, that a company like Zerodha can obviously arrange.

Anyway,everyone is such a Lebowsky in this country of ours! From TV,ISP's, Print Media,Retailers,Beuracrats,Middle Men(Dalals),Politicians,etc to our Transport systems receiving a scrupulous service is serndipity to be honest.
Aman
I asked the same question (minus the Linux part) to Zerodha CC and they replied me that IE is the most used browser so they are supporting it. Sounded funny to me but had no option and now I am forced to check my backoffice account in IE :(
Anyways it's not a perfect world - you get some, you loose some.

Other than that there support center is good and ZT is an excellent software for day traders.

Aman
I asked the same question (minus the Linux part) to Zerodha CC and they replied me that IE is the most used browser so they are supporting it. Sounded funny to me but had no option and now I am forced to check my backoffice account in IE :(
Anyways it's not a perfect world - you get some, you loose some.

Other than that there support center is good and ZT is an excellent software for day traders.
I pray a sudden death for Internet Explorer being a Web Application Developer myself. Every self taught web developer know that Internet Explorer is the only browser who is trying to be different from leaugue and not follow the standards of W3C. Only reason today developers are in pain is because of IE. But here in India developers who're trained by these certification institutes( spawned like mushrooms in every nook and corner attracting these engineering students),say IE is used by mass of users. Well if you wan't a true HTML5 platform then you're no way going to achieve it with IE.

DIE IE DIE!

There are people who are not into trading/investing and then there are people who don't support open source. They fall in same category. :gunsmilie:

Last edited:

Zerodha

@aman, internet explorer is presently required for backoffice and not for the html5. The html5 should work on chrome. The work around for backoffice is that you can add an ie tab on google chrome and then use the bo on chrome itself.

We have been lucky for the people whom we partnered, our backoffice company got bought over by omnesys and flash news from yesterday is that Reuters has bought Omnesys. The cross browser functionality on the backoffice should be up in the next 1 month.

About the trading platform, we are hoping to surprise everyone with something really smart by the end of this year.

If you are having issues with this email [email protected], will get someone to help you on this immediately