Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

toocool

@ Zerodha, one of my friends has opened a demat and trading account with you and you also took signature for power of attorney, for transferring the shares on his behalf without filling in the slip and further signatures (when he sell the shares)

Can you clarify the reason and point regarding this?

Also I heard you took 2 weeks to open the demat account, why is that?

He already had intraday trading equity account, why 2 weeks for demat?

If I open demat and trading account will you take 2 week?

Last edited:

Zerodha

zerodha I just started trading. I want to know how can I calculate the value of call or put at a certain point so that I can place buy or stop loss order in advance. for example I want to buy call (5900 CE aug expiry) at 6010 nifty and want stop loss at 5990. Zerodha how can I know the value of 5900 CE AT 6010 and 5990 ?
This is a very beginner question, firstly make sure you don't put too much money in your trading account, just enough which will not hurt you if you loose.

Secondly, when you are buying options, you trade the premiums and not the underlying or the futures.

So if nifty is at 5900 you can buy 5900 calls if trading at 50. If you want to know what the price of this call will be if nifty goes to 6010, you will need to use any of the option pricing formula which is pretty complex. But generally you will know that it will be minimum rs 110 + some time value..

Zerodha

@ Zerodha, one of my friends has opened a demat and trading account with you and you also took signature for power of attorney, for transferring the shares on his behalf without filling in the slip and further signatures (when he sell the shares)

Can you clarify the reason and point regarding this?

Also I heard you took 2 weeks to open the demat account, why is that?

He already had intraday trading equity account, why 2 weeks for demat?

If I open demat and trading account will you take 2 week?
The delay will usually be if some documents are not in place or signature missing. If you send all documents correctly, it should happen within 5 days..

POA is a common practice for demat accounts with all online brokerage firms. This is required to debit shares from your demat account when you sell or when you want to pledge the stock..

@Zerodha

I participated in the 60 day challenge and made huge profits (>100% of my capital invested ) in the two months. However, you calculated delivery and positions taken before the challenge started incorrectly. Have written MULTIPLE times to the CC and Vinay ; also received a call from Vinay accepting the facts and promising a solution within 1 week ( this happened 2 weeks back )

1 ) Don't start such challenges if you cannot manage them
2 ) If someone gets in touch with you, don't make excuses ; offer solutions
3 ) Stick with the timelines promised
4 ) Reply to emails - don't ignore emails just because you don't have answers
5 ) Don't lose your customers' trust - you can never win it back

My client id : DA0821

Good source of income as anyways markets are heading towards south. NSE is keepinf experts engaged this way... Rs. 5000/- per article ;)

Thanks Doshi for all the updates ...

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

The 'NSE NEWS' is a monthly publication of National Stock Exchange of India Ltd (NSE). NSE NEWS invites articles, of 2000-3000 words (along with abstract of 100 words) from professionals / academicians / researchers on issues that have a bearing on financial markets. The articles submitted should be non-technical in nature. If the article is accepted, the author would be awarded Rs.5,000/-. The articles can be emailed at [email protected] with complete personal and contact details.

@Zerodha

I participated in the 60 day challenge and made huge profits (>100% of my capital invested ) in the two months. However, you calculated delivery and positions taken before the challenge started incorrectly. Have written MULTIPLE times to the CC and Vinay ; also received a call from Vinay accepting the facts and promising a solution within 1 week ( this happened 2 weeks back )

I agree akg7091,
Looks like Zerodha is now going towards the same path set by other brokers and i.e. once you have a big customer base you can take them for granted. I too am not happy with the way they handle there backoffice and customer care.

Zerodha

@Zerodha

Hi AKG,

The last time we had the challenge, we completely disregarded the equity trades, but some of the clients who trade only equity wanted this to be on.

This concept of 60day challenge is something unique and we had not anticipated this issue when we tested it out. Yes now that the issue cropped up while calculating the report, we realized there were a lot of winners(400 odd extra, other than what I mentioned) who are not up. The thing is this is not something we can fix individually and hence is taking us time. I am hoping that this week we should have a fix for this..

Sorry about this,

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.