Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerodha I have the below queries,

Firstly, Can you place cover orders in NSE NOW?

Secondly,

Suppose you have 100,000 in your account and the margin for one future lot is 50000.

Now if I place MIS order, the Margin required will be 20000 (40%). Now if i buy 5 lots and by close of day I am in MTM profit by 70000. So I have total cash of 100,000 in my account and MTM of 70000.

Is it allowed that I square off 2 lots and convert 3 lots from MIS to Normal and hold them overnight for the next day? As for 3 lots I need 150000 for the overnight position and I have 100,000 (cash) and 70000 (MTM) in my account.

Or am I allowed to hold only 2 lots against the cash margin of 100,000.

Similarly for cover order, Can I hold lots for overnight position against the MTM profit that I have in my account.

thanksssss.

Zerodha

Zerodha I have the below queries,

Firstly, Can you place cover orders in NSE NOW?

Secondly,

Suppose you have 100,000 in your account and the margin for one future lot is 50000.

Now if I place MIS order, the Margin required will be 20000 (40%). Now if i buy 5 lots and by close of day I am in MTM profit by 70000. So I have total cash of 100,000 in my account and MTM of 70000.

Is it allowed that I square off 2 lots and convert 3 lots from MIS to Normal and hold them overnight for the next day? As for 3 lots I need 150000 for the overnight position and I have 100,000 (cash) and 70000 (MTM) in my account.

Or am I allowed to hold only 2 lots against the cash margin of 100,000.

Similarly for cover order, Can I hold lots for overnight position against the MTM profit that I have in my account.

thanksssss.
Cover orders not available on NOW.

You cannot use the profits for converting more MIS positions to NRML because that is not a realized credit. There will be short penalty charge if we let you hold, from the exchange side.

Cover order is a complete intraday product, you cannot convert it to NRML. You will have to square off the cover order product and take a fresh position as NRML.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
today not able to login in NOW 1.8.4.3, stopping/hanging at 84% download scrips.......:mad:.......anybody else facing the issue..........
hi rainman problem not solved...............

had to install older version 1.7.1.0 ............
zerodha at present this older version 1.7.1.0 is running with no problem , so new version is not stable it seems......

had to install older version 1.7.1.0 ............
zerodha at present this older version 1.7.1.0 is running with no problem , so new version is not stable it seems......
Recently I had also such problem with the new version of NOW. I installed the older version and it worked smoothly. Then after sometime the older version got stuck. With my Currency account being with RKG , I took help with their technical support and the guy from RKG took over my PC through team viewer and my gosh worked relentlessly for almost an hour and a quarter and solved the problem with the installation and working of new version. He told me to keep three things checked all time on the login window,

1. Quick Login
2. Confirm Scrips Download
3. Clear and download all scrips

and the 4th one - Launch Plus should be kept unchecked.

VJAY

Recently I had also such problem with the new version of NOW. I installed the older version and it worked smoothly. Then after sometime the older version got stuck. With my Currency account being with RKG , I took help with their technical support and the guy from RKG took over my PC through team viewer and my gosh worked relentlessly for almost an hour and a quarter and solved the problem with the installation and working of new version. He told me to keep three things checked all time on the login window,

1. Quick Login
2. Confirm Scrips Download
3. Clear and download all scrips

and the 4th one - Launch Plus should be kept unchecked.
Thats the main thing we needed .....:):lol::rofl::D

Received mail from Zerodha, which is also available here,
http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/update-june-26-2013

Now Point 2 says,

" 2. MCX-SX, the new stock exchange has shown a gradual increase in their turnover. All of you who are enabled on MCX-SX (Stock and Currency Exchange) can start trading from July 1st 2013. You will need to install a new version of Zerodha Trader, do send an email to [email protected] for the installation file. As an inaugural offer, there will be no brokerage charged for trading on MCX-SX (Equity) until Aug 31st 2013. If you are not enabled, fill, print, sign, attach relevant documents and courier this form to us."

Need clarification from Zerodha on the Bolded Red part, which talks about MCX-SX(Equity), but not about MCX FNO, So Zerodha is this inaugural offer only for Equity trades, or is it applicable to FNO trades on MCX too? Please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.