Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Zerodha,

I am having problems getting logged on to back-office. Have tried thru IE but once I click on login, nothing happens and probably PC hangs.

Is it possible to send me all financial ending reports thru mail? If yes, let me know and I'll PM my email id to you.

Zerodha,

I have a query regarding options writing. Why is additional margin blocked when a Stop loss buy order is placed to cover the intraday(MIS) option sell trade?

For example:
I sell 20 lots of 6000 CE for intraday(MIS) when the option price is 50 Rs at market price. The margin blocked after this trade is say 50K. Now I want to close this trade if the option price reaches 70Rs. So I place a MIS stoploss Buy order of 20 lots with trigger price of 70Rs. When this order is placed, in addition to the 50K blocked, an additional 70K margin is blocked.

When the SL buy order is executed at trigger price, the previous sell position will be squared off. So why is additional margin blocked? Is it because the web version(trade.zerodha.com) allows only SL limit orders and not SL market orders?

Thanks

Zerodha

Thanks Zerodha,

It means that other than all of the expenses "already" added into calculation, I will have to further add the calculation as below :-

(1) Quantity (Lot Size) X Price (Buy or Sell or Buy+Sell, as required) X 0.01% and then to add other expenses already added, OR IF THERE IS SOMETHING I AM MISSING.

(2) CTT goes from 0 to 0.01% on commodity trading. Your message is not clear yet whether 0.01% on SELL side (as it is done in Futures) or BOTH Buy+Sell sides. Though I have already calculated it for BOTH BUY+SELL sides.

Waiting for your response.

shekharz
STT is on the selling side and it will be on both equity and commodity futures at the same rate..

0.01% on the selling side.. STT for equity futures in your calculation goes down from 0.017% to 0.01% and for commodity futures goes from 0 to 0.01%

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I am having problems getting logged on to back-office. Have tried thru IE but once I click on login, nothing happens and probably PC hangs.

Is it possible to send me all financial ending reports thru mail? If yes, let me know and I'll PM my email id to you.
Yash,

can you shoot an email to [email protected], we will fix this issue for you and if not we can also send a mail.

Zerodha

Zerodha,

I have a query regarding options writing. Why is additional margin blocked when a Stop loss buy order is placed to cover the intraday(MIS) option sell trade?

For example:
I sell 20 lots of 6000 CE for intraday(MIS) when the option price is 50 Rs at market price. The margin blocked after this trade is say 50K. Now I want to close this trade if the option price reaches 70Rs. So I place a MIS stoploss Buy order of 20 lots with trigger price of 70Rs. When this order is placed, in addition to the 50K blocked, an additional 70K margin is blocked.

When the SL buy order is executed at trigger price, the previous sell position will be squared off. So why is additional margin blocked? Is it because the web version(trade.zerodha.com) allows only SL limit orders and not SL market orders?

Thanks
are you placing both SL and a limit selling order? In this case extra margin will be blocked in case of options..

Check this: http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/margins-2-exit-orders-for-1-position

@ zerodha your online application system for new customers is down or what. Unable to open from the past few days & complete my application, shows nothing after password entry screen.??

STT is on the selling side and it will be on both equity and commodity futures at the same rate..

0.01% on the selling side.. STT for equity futures in your calculation goes down from 0.017% to 0.01% and for commodity futures goes from 0 to 0.01%
Zerodha,

I trade in commodities only so my calculation sheet contains everything about commodities only, no equity or anything else.

I have applied the changes into my excel sheet. Thanks for your help bro.

shekharz

Status
Not open for further replies.