Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Can anybody give me an Excel Sheet Brokerage Calculator for Zerodha Charges (INCLUDING COMMODITIES CHARGES which can later be manually converted to latest forthcoming charges).

shekharz

@ Zerohda/Sachin

I am currently trading only in Nifty Options - buy side only. I carry forward positions for a couple of days at times.

When I look at positions (using F11- Admin positions) the next day the Buy Average price has been adjusted to closing price of previous day. ( MTM effect?).

My problem is this:- I am buying options only. Full value of position is already debited to my a/c & hence, as far as I am concerned, my purchase price is my cost price. MTM does not impact me as my potential loss is capped. So is it possible to have a setting, for such positions, that the Admin position shows the original Purchase price & not MTM Price?

Zerodha

@ Zerohda/Sachin

I am currently trading only in Nifty Options - buy side only. I carry forward positions for a couple of days at times.

When I look at positions (using F11- Admin positions) the next day the Buy Average price has been adjusted to closing price of previous day. ( MTM effect?).

My problem is this:- I am buying options only. Full value of position is already debited to my a/c & hence, as far as I am concerned, my purchase price is my cost price. MTM does not impact me as my potential loss is capped. So is it possible to have a setting, for such positions, that the Admin position shows the original Purchase price & not MTM Price?
Shridar,

THis will be possible in the future and not presently. It will be possible in the future because Omnesys our technology have bought our backoffice vendors and now they are integrating the front and backoffice. Once this happens, we can not only show your buying price for this option, but all the other historical data.

This might take a while though..

Cheers,

Zerodha

I have 2 queries (thought you just missed one) :-

(1) Can you (or anybody) give me an Excel Sheet Brokerage Calculator for Zerodha Charges (INCLUDING COMMODITIES CHARGES which can later be manually converted to latest forthcoming charges). REASON TO ASK THIS IS - I am preparing an excel sheet for my own trades (commodities only) which shows approx P/L after I exit from trades, and currently I have kept .10% as approx brokerage, which I want to convert into actual brokerage.

(2) What if I am holding a position (suppose it is "BUY" Crude 2 Lots positionally & holding overnight), and next day suddenly a disaster comes and crude drops 500 points overnight, and my capital cannot match this disaster and you, as an admin, forcefully exit from my position which taken my account balance to NEGATIVE in 10000 or 20000 Rupees. What will happen in such situation? How shall Zerodha recover that "Negative balance" from me? Or, should I simply close my account (you will not allow me to close BUT STILL you will have no command over me to make me login there).

Guidance please ..........

shekharz

Zerodha

(1) Can you (or anybody) give me an Excel Sheet Brokerage Calculator for Zerodha Charges (INCLUDING COMMODITIES CHARGES which can later be manually converted to latest forthcoming charges). REASON TO ASK THIS IS - I am preparing an excel sheet for my own trades (commodities only) which shows approx P/L after I exit from trades, and currently I have kept .10% as approx brokerage, which I want to convert into actual brokerage.

(2) What if I am holding a position (suppose it is "BUY" Crude 2 Lots positionally & holding overnight), and next day suddenly a disaster comes and crude drops 500 points overnight, and my capital cannot match this disaster and you, as an admin, forcefully exit from my position which taken my account balance to NEGATIVE in 10000 or 20000 Rupees. What will happen in such situation? How shall Zerodha recover that "Negative balance" from me? Or, should I simply close my account (you will not allow me to close BUT STILL you will have no command over me to make me login there).

shekharz
Simple... they threaten to inform your wife. You get scared and pay up. After all, 10,000 is much less than what you would go through if your wife found out t hat you held an overnight position that went wrong.

If not married, they inform your parents. THEY would first of all pay up, and then throw you out of the house. Still better to pay up the 10,000 :)

Zerodha

Zerodha

shekharz
1. In download section, you can see an excel file, zerodha charge list, you can use this https://www.zerodha.com/download/index.html

2. Interesting that you bought this up.. :) .. Everyone keeps blaming brokers in general, but it is usually clients who default a lot more than the brokers.. ot all clients, but quite a few of them will stop picking up calls the day the account goes into debit. When gold hit circuit recently apparently 5% of all MCX members wend down because of client defaults.

At Zerodha we give conservative leverages, avoid giving leverages on days when news expected, we do whatever possible in control. Leverage is what kills a trader and the broker.. ;)..

That said, if the account goes to debit and if the client doesn't respond, we have a system to take legal action. Our lawyers send a notice and the process starts.

What is also interesting is that the member associations are working towards creating a database of default clients and similar to how it works in say credit card business, if a client has defaulted, if he goes to open an account with another broker, he will get to know that he is a client who has defaulted and won't let him open an account.. A system like this is required for brokers, because something that a lot of people don't know about is that client defaults can bring the revenue down by as much as 20% for a brokerage business..There have been such cases with a few listed firms in the past..

soft_trader

Simple... they threaten to inform your wife. You get scared and pay up. After all, 10,000 is much less than what you would go through if your wife found out t hat you held an overnight position that went wrong.

If not married, they inform your parents. THEY would first of all pay up, and then throw you out of the house. Still better to pay up the 10,000 :)
aah.. summo,

Everything is not funny, it is indeed a very serious question. Mazak karne ka bhi ek time hota hai bhai.

What is also interesting is that the member associations are working towards creating a database of default clients and similar to how it works in say credit card business, if a client has defaulted, if he goes to open an account with another broker, he will get to know that he is a client who has defaulted and won't let him open an account.. A system like this is required for brokers, because something that a lot of people don't know about is that client defaults can bring the revenue down by as much as 20% for a brokerage business..There have been such cases with a few listed firms in the past..
Really ?? There are brokers' associations ?? That's good news. Tell us more about, specially how to contact them and if they have any website.

Having a CIBIL type database is a very good idea, not only for the defaulters but also for genuine customers. Sometime in future, a client having high ratings may be able to get better terms from the brokers (just as with bank loans).

1. In download section, you can see an excel file, zerodha charge list, you can use this https://www.zerodha.com/download/index.html

2. Interesting that you bought this up.. :) .. Everyone keeps blaming brokers in general, but it is usually clients who default a lot more than the brokers.. ot all clients, but quite a few of them will stop picking up calls the day the account goes into debit. When gold hit circuit recently apparently 5% of all MCX members wend down because of client defaults.

At Zerodha we give conservative leverages, avoid giving leverages on days when news expected, we do whatever possible in control. Leverage is what kills a trader and the broker.. ;)..

That said, if the account goes to debit and if the client doesn't respond, we have a system to take legal action. Our lawyers send a notice and the process starts.

Zerodha,

Thanks for every help in this regard BUT, BUT to inform you that I have already gone through this file and could NOT understand :-

(1) HOW TO WRITE A FORMULA FOR Rs 440/Crore, & ALSO ........

(2) WHAT FORMULA SHOULD I USE WHEN I DON'T KNOW THE TRANSACTION CHARGES METHOD (Service Tax = 12% on Brokerage+Transaction Charge) - What are the "Transaction Charges" here, please explain.

Hope you (or anybody else) would be able to throw some light upon these things.

shekharz

Status
Not open for further replies.