Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi,

I am most interested in the below one scheme.

It is the ability to put order for more then 10,000 nifty (options/futures) at one time and the order getting split on its own.

is it possible to get only the above feature by any other possible means but without going for i3?

What about the NSE dealer terminal. Will it allow me to put order for more then 10,000 in one order and split the orders into smaller parts?

thanks.
Presently the only way would be through an i3, dealer terminal doesn't really have any features to do so.

the other way to do it also using the basket order window, which you can do even presently without a dealer terminal.

In the basket, instead of having one order of 20000 have 2 orders of 10000 and place it at one time.

http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/basket-orders-zt

Presently the only way would be through an i3, dealer terminal doesn't really have any features to do so.

the other way to do it also using the basket order window, which you can do even presently without a dealer terminal.

In the basket, instead of having one order of 20000 have 2 orders of 10000 and place it at one time.

http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/basket-orders-zt
thanks that's very useful to know. :)

Can you please tell that once we press the place button then how the basket orders are executed. Are they placed sequentially starting from the first in the list. Or do all the orders get executed simultaneously?

Also since many times I am away and need to access through mobile. So could you please inform if we can we use BASKET order on i) ZT(mobile) , ii) NSE NOW(windows), iii) NSE NOW (mobile)?

and lastly can you tell something about the dealer terminal. I know that one has to clear the NISM certification, but that is no problem. Do we have the BASKET order option in dealer terminal with both mobile and laptop?

thanks.

yusi

I thought this number introduced to reduce the time of mentioning client name client ID details while placing orders through call and trade. The clients will simply tell the four numbers and the execution desk will get all details of the client quickly than before.
Their email indicates that the Zpin would be used for authentication during Call & Trade.

I have always felt that the security image and VFA questions are not necessarily used in the best way. They double-check that the genuine user is genuine, and help the genuine user from making the wrong entries, but they do not block mal-intent.

An example of malintent would be if somebody has just my user name and makes three fake attempts at login so that my account is blocked. Different brokers take different timeframes to unblock; and I would be out on a limb during that period.

soft_trader

I thought this number introduced to reduce the time of mentioning client name client ID details while placing orders through call and trade. The clients will simply tell the four numbers and the execution desk will get all details of the client quickly than before.

But they are using it for security purposes.

Happy trading....
Veera.
No veera, it's a common sense that a 4 digit number can't replace the client ID. The reason being, by 4 digit number there can be a maximum possible of 10K unique numbers. But Zerodha has more than 10K clients. So the same Zpin is definitely given to some other clients also.

It is same as ATM PIN. There are millions of card users worldwide, but all are using same 4 digit PIN. That also means that more than a person has the same PIN.

soft_trader

I have always felt that the security image and VFA questions are not necessarily used in the best way. They double-check that the genuine user is genuine, and help the genuine user from making the wrong entries, but they do not block mal-intent.

An example of malintent would be if somebody has just my user name and makes three fake attempts at login so that my account is blocked. Different brokers take different timeframes to unblock; and I would be out on a limb during that period.
Same here yusi, I also don't understand how these security image can help us. It is a step of extra trouble for users. The best security system is RSA token based security system, which Indiabulls were using earlier. Some banks also use it. It gives complete peace of mind. You are rest assured that nobody other than you can place orders online or over the phone (Provided that you keep your token in a secure place). If all brokers starts using it it would be great. Indiabulls used to provide it for free, but even brokers charge a few bucks for it, I think many will opt for this security. :)

Hi Zerodha,

everyday when i'm trying to login in the morning i'm getting below shown error

please tell me what is the reason for the same, i had downloaded your software number of times from your website and installed it but the problem persist

soft_trader

Hi Zerodha,

everyday when i'm trying to login in the morning i'm getting below shown error

please tell me what is the reason for the same, i had downloaded your software number of times from your website and installed it but the problem persist
This error can come because of two reason:

1. Your internet connection is not working.
2. If you get this message before market hours, then most probably at that time BOD (Beginning of Day) process runs at Zerodha's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.