Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.

Hi zerodha , this is a really serious issue.
Tradebook in tradeXpress is not showing u any trades.
Z5 terminal logs you out the moment you close its tab.
So if one wants to see his trades done for the day he should open Z5 then after seeing it he gets logged out and then he has to login again.
I request you to plz tell ur technical team to look into this issue as this is really frustating. Moreover if u feel TradeXpress doesnt stand anywhere wrt Z5 then y not close it instead of letting the client trade buggy thing. I m saying this bcoz last time when i told u abt the bug u asked me try out Z5.

Can anyone help me understand why does the Zerodha brokerage calculator show a "high" loss despite the "same" difference...?

I let you understand what I am asking by giving an example.

Here is a link to the Zerodha brokerage calculator http://www.zerodha.com/main/calculator/ .

Now suppose I am calculating brokerage for F&O - Options. I bought 1 lot (i.e 50 quantity) of Nifty for 20 (buy price - premium) and sell it at 25, then the calculator will show the net profit of 203.03 and the brokerage of 46. Right. That is when the difference between the bought price (20) and sold price (25) was 5. Quantity, I repeat was 50.

But if you change the sell price to 15, while the bought price and the quantity remain as it were, then the calculator will show the net loss of 296 with the same brokerage of 46!! Why is it showing a higher loss by rupees 47 extra!!!

Bizarre! Is not it? I mean, why is it showing such a big difference between profit and loss when the difference from the buying price is same - in our example five. Can anyone tell that?

Thanks

Last edited:

abhi.

Can anyone help me understand why does the Zerodha brokerage calculator show a "high" loss despite the "same" difference...?

I let you understand what I am asking by giving an example.

Here is a link to the Zerodha brokerage calculator http://www.zerodha.com/main/calculator/ .

Now suppose I am calculating brokerage for F&O - Options. I bought 1 lot (i.e 50 quantity) of Nifty for 20 (buy price - premium) and sell it at 25, then the calculator will show the net profit of 203.03 and the brokerage of 46. Right. That is when the difference between the bought price (20) and sold price (25) was 5. Quantity, I repeat was 50.

But if you change the sell price to 15, while the bought price and the quantity remain as it were, then the calculator will show the net loss of 296 with the same brokerage of 46!! Why is it showing a higher loss by rupees 47 extra!!!

Bizarre! Is not it? I mean, why is it showing such a big difference between profit and loss when the difference from the buying price is same - in our example five. Can anyone tell that?

Thanks
I dont know y u r confused with such a simple thing ??
Its simple :
50*(25-20) -46 = +204
50*(15-20) -46 = -296

R u getting the point ?

kiran_thiru

Zerodha sir, i have a small problem. i used your zerodha trader--nest trader 3.10.57.97.7.
when ever i logged off and after sometime logged in, tradebook and orderbook dosen't show previous trades and orders of that day. how can i get them when i logged in that day?
Zerodha sir, the above post is posted by me on 3rd April. but u didn't give any reply. how can i get the trades & orders?

columbus

z5........Feedback

I think in TRADE SYMBOL you have given 19 characters length.By doing so, last 2 characters are missing, which carry VITAL information.Let me explain in
Better way.BANKNIFTY13APR11700PE and BANKNIFTY13APR11700CE are shown as BANKNIFTY13APR11700.It is left to the user to guess whether it is PE or CE.

Placing orders is another problem.One has to fill a BIG order form ,which takes a considerable time.Can't it be a small one?

There is a need of MANUAL here.

Last edited:

columbus

Zerodha sir, the above post is posted by me on 3rd April. but u didn't give any reply. how can i get the trades & orders?
Just CONSILE and see.

hi zerodha,
please confirm what do you mean by rs 50 as a contract note charged as a stamp duty ,,i.e.. every trade i take means 1(buy+sell) i will pay 50 then next trade (buy+sell) i have to pay 50 and so goes on.. or there is some other methodology. please clearify

Status
Not open for further replies.