Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soft_trader

Hello,

I had 3 lot of 6300 call @11, to square off my position I selected the 6300 call and placed the sell order for 3 lots (150 quantity) today @20. The order got filled (complete). But in the admin section it is showing only my old buy position. No mention of the sell (square off) position either in admin section or in the Zerodha back office section. I have looked everywhere in it.

Please help.
Press F11. select Netwise instead of Daywise. Hope the problem will get solved. :)

Sumo,

Bud, you are chaffing, I was pretty tense. Anyway, I called up Zerodha and their ever so helpful customer care guy told me my position has been squared off... I can relax now :thumb:

But that said, their back office is not so great. It does not show any record of my 2012 trade!!

Sometime I also feel my some past position or other record is missing from the back office. It could be made a lot more informative in a better way I feel. My two cents.

Sumo,

Bud, you are chaffing, I was pretty tense. Anyway, I called up Zerodha and their ever so helpful customer care guy told me my position has been squared off... I can relax now :thumb:

But that said, their back office is not so great. It does not show any record of my 2012 trade!!

Sometime I also feel my some past position or other record is missing from the back office. It could be made a lot more informative in a better way I feel. My two cents.
Somewhere in the backoffice there is a facility for changing the accounting year.

Zerodha backoffice is not the tops but is adequate and satisfactorily fulfills most of the requirements.

Check out the Zerodha charge list here: https://www.zerodha.com/download/index.html

https://www.zerodha.com/main/calculator/calcs.html for brokerage calculator

You can see all charges for various exchanges..

Cheers,
Thank you for the reply.

However, it does not answer the question.

What is the "Tran Charge" basis?

If based on Turnover, what is the rate at which this is charged?

As per my reading: If "Turnover" based, Taking commodity: Gold

Assuming TO: 5560800, Charge: 244.68. Which makes it: 4.4 Rs./Lac?

Is it charged by exchange? If yes, is the full amount paid to exchange?

Or is it a part of brokerage? If yes, please provide relevant charge details.

If it is charged by exchange, please provide relevant circular no. or any resource where we can check this.

I can understand if you are not willing to state this on a public forum, PM me if this is the case.

Cheers

Last edited:
Haii Neo,
I am a little confused on whether I should answer your query or not. But, still, unable to control my enthusiasm and proceeding after a lot of hesitation.

Basis - It should be Common & Simple Business Sense / Logic. For a Business to run Commercially Successful, I believe their Income / Revenue should be more than their Expenditure, which will turn out to be their Profit / Margin.

Rs.440 Per crore. It can be easily understood from their Brokerage Calculator and clearly mentioned in their Charges List Excel file.

As per my reading: If "Turnover" based, Taking commodity: Gold. Assuming TO: 5560800, Charge: 244.68. Which makes it: 4.4 Rs./Lac?
The above Point reflects here. Rs.4.4 Per Lac turns out to Rs.440 Per Crore.

No. It is not charged by Exchange. Not at this rate atleast. Exchange rates for the members are different. It has a different slab. Answer to the first point implies here. How will Zerodha pay it's employees, meet it's expenses and survive, if the full amount collected is paid to the exchange.

As per Zerodha's terminology, it is their Transaction Charges, which is straightaway mentioned in their Brokerage Calculator.

If it is charged by exchange, please provide relevant circular no. or any resource where we can check this.
As mentioned earlier, Exchange Transaction Charges are different. You can go through their circular in their website www.mcxindia.com

I can understand if you are not willing to state this on a public forum, PM me if this is the case.
I believe Zerodha has put everything straight forward in their website and even in various discussion threads of Traderji. So, I don't see if they are really hesitant / Not Willing to share info on a public forum.

Finally, coming to your query on Zerodha's turnover, it is published in various leading english dailies. Google and you will get the first link mentioning this.

Good Luck,
Prakash.

Zerodha

Sumo,

Punter,

all data on backoffice is archived calendar year wise. On the top right hand of BO you have an option to change the financial year. If you want to check last year , change it to 2012 -2013.

Zerodha

Thank you for the reply.

However, it does not answer the question.

As per my reading: If "Turnover" based, Taking commodity: Gold

Assuming TO: 5560800, Charge: 244.68. Which makes it: 4.4 Rs./Lac?

Cheers
I thought you had asked me the link to all charges. The Rs 4.4/lk is turnover charges and includes exchange transaction charges and clearing charges. We are not a self clearing member and use clearing services from a professional clearing member.

Exchange transaction charges, don't have the circular number, will try finding out and pinging to u.

Yes as a broker our turnover charges are slightly higher, but you do get the benefit of the karnataka stamp duty, which is a maximum of Rs 50 per contract note.

The brokerage is Rs 20 per executed order, so you basically can buy or sell as many lots of commodity in a particular order. No software fees, upfront fees or similar charges.

Cheers,

Hi,

I am most interested in the below one scheme.

It is the ability to put order for more then 10,000 nifty (options/futures) at one time and the order getting split on its own.

is it possible to get only the above feature by any other possible means but without going for i3?

What about the NSE dealer terminal. Will it allow me to put order for more then 10,000 in one order and split the orders into smaller parts?

thanks.

poortrader

Is there any tool in ZT to check the payoffs of strategies like straddles, strangles in options and the payoff graph as well
or any other free tool is there in internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.