Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one..thanks for sharing!!

And one quick question : How are you planning to connect the trader with the HNIs/Hedge funds?...I am sure you must have a set of criteria to look for..just some profitability would not cut it..there should be more right?..Would you mind sharing it here, Zerodha?
Good traders are rare to find.I am sure HNIs and Hedge funds who have plenty of money desparately need good traders to earn good returns on that money. And what is a better source of finding good traders than a broker himself through whom they trade, having a proof of their trading abilities in the form of ledgers in real money trading. Zerodha can connect these traders and the hedge funds depending on the funds' requirement of performance and the risk tolerance.

I guess only profitability will not be the sole critaria in judging who are good traders. The other critaria will be the risks taken compared to trading account size, smooth or erratic shape of return curve, top to valley maximum drawdowns,and the strategy to produce consistant returns. Zerodha having experience of last Zerodha challenge can elaborate more on these critaria.

This Zerodha challenge will be a good learning experience....:)

Smart_trade

futures

Good traders are rare to find.I am sure HNIs and Hedge funds who have plenty of money desparately need good traders to earn good returns on that money. And what is a better source of finding good traders than a broker himself through whom they trade, having a proof of their trading abilities in the form of ledgers in real money trading. Zerodha can connect these traders and the hedge funds depending on the funds' requirement of performance and the risk tolerance.

I guess only profitability will not be the sole critaria in judging who are good traders. The other critaria will be the risks taken compared to trading account size, smooth or erratic shape of return curve, top to valley maximum drawdowns,and the strategy to produce consistant returns. Zerodha having experience of last Zerodha challenge can elaborate more on these critaria.

This Zerodha challenge will be a good learning experience....:)

Smart_trade
I completely agree..the peak-valley drawdown is one of the important(if not the most) criterion to look at..personally, i would be very interested to see how all these things pan out...what Zerodha is doing is truly a blessing for good traders as an experience with a real hedge fund company would be a great value addition to one's repertoire of experiences...good times ahead!!

Hi Zerodha,
I am planning to open an account with you guys, a few simple questions first.

1. On your trading platform, do I get the rates and can trade in NSE, NSE-CDS and MCX simultaneously ? i.e, can I see the futures/options, currencies and commodities together ?

2. If I have a single margin ( let's say 5 lacs) can I seamlessly use my margin on any exchange subject to applicable limits ? I am planning to trade Nifty/USDINR till say 5 pm and use the margin to trade commodities after 6 pm. All my positions are intraday in nature

JFYI, my trading pattern is as follows
1. Currencies the whole day
2. 5-7 Nifty trades in a month
3. 1-3 commodity trades per week
All positions squaredoff before market close

Thanks in advance,
The Outlier

manojborle

this error is common on market holidays....need not worry.....
Thanks for the info.
I am new to Zerodha and did not know anything about this error so uninstalled zerodha trader and installed again but the error is still coming today morning also
Hope it is solved before market opens today

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,
I am planning to open an account with you guys, a few simple questions first.

1. On your trading platform, do I get the rates and can trade in NSE, NSE-CDS and MCX simultaneously ? i.e, can I see the futures/options, currencies and commodities together ?

2. If I have a single margin ( let's say 5 lacs) can I seamlessly use my margin on any exchange subject to applicable limits ? I am planning to trade Nifty/USDINR till say 5 pm and use the margin to trade commodities after 6 pm. All my positions are intraday in nature

JFYI, my trading pattern is as follows
1. Currencies the whole day
2. 5-7 Nifty trades in a month
3. 1-3 commodity trades per week
All positions squaredoff before market close

Thanks in advance,
The Outlier
Outlier,

Sorry for the delay:

1. Yes you can see all exchanges at the same time on ZT

2. You can use margin seamlessly between equity, f&O , currency. You will have to keep a separate margin for commodities as per exchange regulations. Was possible before, but exchange has strict compliance rules against it from last year...

Zerodha

Good one..thanks for sharing!!

And one quick question : How are you planning to connect the trader with the HNIs/Hedge funds?...I am sure you must have a set of criteria to look for..just some profitability would not cut it..there should be more right?..Would you mind sharing it here, Zerodha?
Futures,

To make the cut, other than being profitable in live market environment, skills like money management, trading strategies, discipline are critical to be a professional trader...

Guess because of the cookies:

You have to delete all your browsing history and you will be able to see the start button. Open a new internet explorer window, under tools you will see internet options. Click on internet options and you will see browsing history. Under browsing history, click on delete browsing history on exit and click delete. Close your internet explorer, open a new internet explorer window and login to BO. Once logged in, you will see the 60 day challenge and the link to start.
Hi! Have a trading a/c for F&O only in the name of Pvt. Ltd. Co. Tried to log into back-office for starting the 60 days challenge. Did all the settings as explained by you. Still of no use. I can see the orange button but it is not clickable. I am using IE10 on Windows7 Pro 32 bit. Could it be any port setting as I have a very strict firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.