Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soft_trader

Hi Zerodha

If I buy 2 lots NIFTY CE and 2 lots NIFTY PE to form an Option Strategy , how much brokerage I have to pay ?

Query 1
Can I purchase this in one trade paying 20 Rs as Brokerage ?

OR
I need two separate trade here spending 20 * 2 = 40 Rs ?

checking out if there is a possibility to save brokerages in Option Strategy.
It will be counted as two separate trades.

According to my reasearch, SBI Gets has given best yield amongst all Gold ETFs and it is also liquid.

krab

Hi
is there any difference between e gold and etf, which is better, any seniors please explain

krab
Source:http://articles.economictimes.india...1_physical-gold-gold-etfs-gold-coins-and-bars
Gold ETF

Benefits: Gold ETFs provide an opportunity to investors to accumulate gold over a given period of time. Since it can be purchased in small quantities, one can plan the procurement as per future requirements, say, for the marriage of children, etc.

Moreover, there is no risk of theft and one need not worry about the storage cost (as in case of physical gold) because such units are held in demat or paper form. In the case of physical gold, one ends up paying extra for making charges as well, but there is no extra charge applicable in gold ETFs. When needed, one can exchange them in multiples of 1 kg units of 0.995 purity.

Besides, unlike gold coins and bars, for which most jewellers offer only an exchange and not a buyback, gold ETFs can be sold at transparent prices across India. Even in terms of taxation benefits, gold ETFs are way ahead of the physical gold. No sales tax, VAT or securities transaction tax is applicable on gold ETFs. As units of such funds are traded like stocks on the exchange, it is eligible for the long-term capital gains after one year, unlike physical gold, which is eligible for long-term capital gains after three years. Besides, unlike physical gold, investors don't have to pay wealth tax on gold ETFs.

Drawbacks: Most of the above-mentioned advantages come at a cost in the case of gold ETFs. A small asset management fee is charged by the fund house, so the return is slightly less than the actual increase in the gold price. Moreover, there are additional costs involved at the time of buying and selling in the form of brokerage or commission. Another drawback with gold ETFs is liquidity; some ETFs are illiquid, which impacts their buying and selling flexibility. Hence, investors should consider this as a factor while investing in gold ETFs and should stick to funds that are liquid.

where to check ETF price listing ? any link ?

columbus

Gold ETF

ZT has a limitation as far as Number of Scrips in watchlists.
we find it difficult to accommodate ETF scrips.Please relax
this limitation.

megapixel

Hi Sachin

has sent a Zerodha Trader migration request to migrate at zerodha.com today.

Mail Subject: Want to migrate to Zerodha Trader

Can you please check mail and activate as soon as possible.

If you please could make it by tomorrow then I'll get some time to fiddle around this new platform before Monday trading starts.

Please do the needful.

Thanks
7 days over ....I'm not yet migrated to ZT.

several calls , several mails .....but still no migration yet.

migration within 24 hours is a myth ...is not it ?

Zerodha

Zerodha:-

Out of the 6 I guess only 1 is short position and that too just a very small quantity..But Guru, please square off these positions on your own before 3.10pm on NOW and before 3.20pm on Zerodha Trader..

sir,

thanks for your reply..

ztrader square-off is based on now software or its different square-off time...
(if nsenow has problem of square-off (in future), it will reflect in zerodhatrader... or its different)

on 5th november ztrader squared off correctly?

pls reply

thanks
Yes there was a small issue with NOW and ZT was working fine..

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha

If I buy 2 lots NIFTY CE and 2 lots NIFTY PE to form an Option Strategy , how much brokerage I have to pay ?

Query 1
Can I purchase this in one trade paying 20 Rs as Brokerage ?

OR
I need two separate trade here spending 20 * 2 = 40 Rs ?

checking out if there is a possibility to save brokerages in Option Strategy.

Query 2
Also ....Is there any separate Order Entry screen to build Option Strategy in Zerodha Trader ?
You can place the order at one time, by using the basket order facility. But it will still be considered as 2 different trades as you are trading 2 different contracts..

You can use the omnesys option strategy plugin, check out the link on https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/Plus/view.jsp?prd=option_strategy

But if the idea is to place multiple trades at a time, you can use bulk order facility (Ctrl +B).

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.