Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Human error like say on call and trade, your operator punches a wrong order inspite of client giving correct instuctions , you are bound by law to compensate the client. I have recovered such loss from Sharek*** few years back after fighting for 6 months as the taped conversation with their dealer proved that I told then to sell my long position and asked them 3 times to make sure they have understood the order...they confirmed that they are selling...and actual contract showed they bought instead of selling...

But if the loss is due to server hanging, line failing etc brokers are not required to compensate...as it is written in risk disclosure document.

Smart_trade

Smart_trade
So does the broker have any liability for anything apart from human error?

If i think Zerodha as a hot broker then having assumption of 50000 users with Rs 300/- per month , it would be generating 15000000 (1.5 Crore) per month !! This itself start the competition to start a new similar software !! AND what about users who are actively trading on zerodha but already have software on yearly subscription . I hope there would be optional to choose or not to use BUT still they would be missing such features :(

ryan4ucar

Don't know why people are getting fixated with 300 or 500rs as monthly fees ... its not like they will force the software upon you u can still go in with the old software for free if u dont want the new one. Its the old Indian mentality of trying to grab everything for free i guess. If the new software is really that good than it should help to raise your monthly pnl by some significant amount.

Generally in my opinion consistent losers and under financed traders cry about small charges like software and what will happen if broker makes a mistake the few rest just suck it up and focus on the process to make money. sorry to be crude but yeah the truth always hurts.

Just a doubt...Wanted to know if stop loss can be placed in double the quantity so that there is an opposite position in place if stoploss is hit....Long 100 shares Tata Steel...Stop loss for 200 so that 100 short will be the position if stop loss is hit..
Sreenan

Jai Mata Di

Just a doubt...Wanted to know if stop loss can be placed in double the quantity so that there is an opposite position in place if stoploss is hit....Long 100 shares Tata Steel...Stop loss for 200 so that 100 short will be the position if stop loss is hit..
Sreenan
It is possible using MIS. But, unfortunately as Nifty went up from 6000 to 8000 in past few months, margin requirement for MIS rapidly increased from 9600 to 12800. :eek:

As difference of margin requirement from MIS with Braket/Cover is increasing day by day. Zerodha RMS can think of little drop down of margin requirement for MIS. Risk is low with MIS as it is purely Intraday product (no gapup/down risk) and RMS can easily square off near 70-80% loss of margin. :thumb:

MIS has certain advantages using SAR (Stop and Reverse) type trading as we can put Stop Loss separately using it. Using MIS we can put just one Stop Loss (including the reverse trade). In other hand BO/CO creates numerous Stop loss Order (big inconvenience for modifying :eek:) after executing only one(big size) order.

Happy Trading.

H.C.

manishchan

Zerodha or anyone who use this,

Can I run ZT on 2 computers at the same time ? I want to use 1 computer just to monitor the market and other one to place the order at the same time during live market. Is this possible ?

Edit : I tried doing it.. but if I login to the 2nd computer while ZT is logged in on the 1st, the other one gets logged out. Any solution to this plz ?

Last edited: