Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

:thumb:Thanks for the reply Zerodha. Appreciate it.

I am curious to know what is so great about the ice bucket challenge? It is so wannabe.. "oh let's put this on facebook and become cool" types. There are so many incurable diseases in the world. Have you guys ever thought about AIDS, Cancer, Ebola virus etc.?

What's your take on this Zerodha? I don't mean to offend you, but just thought i'd be "against the trend." All criticisms are welcome in advance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8m_5-gZaIE
We are getting invited from various people, and since there is so much of sharing happening, we thought let us participate.

If you see the note below the youtube video, we collected 5.28 lks which is going to be given to a NGO which is working towards education of the under privileged in India, I guess a cause that is as important as anything else in the country..

Brill

NSE Index Charts in Pi

Jai Mata Di

Zerodha's main aim must be to restrict using PI for charting and trading with other discount brokers (like unlimited brokers or Rs9 or 15 per order brokers etc). As a zerodha client, we support your concern as below,

but we cannot let what happened say with a trade tiger (use charting somewhere and trade somewhere else).
But, below stance can create unnecessary inconvenience to your own clients.

Manoj, we will come back on this, and even if we charge for inactive clients it won't be more than 300 to 500 rupees a month...
When a trader is not trading and not even logged in to the trading terminal (not using PI for charting- simple :D), he/she must not give any charge for PI.
Even RKSV give complete money back from advance brokerage if a trader is not trading for a month. :p

You can easily monitor users with terminal log in. If someone is logged in to PI and not trading with you, you have every reason to demand money.
But if someone is not logged in for few months (not trading for some reason), why he/she would give you even Rs 300 per month? You'll get much more when he/she will be back again.
:lol:

So, you must not create unnecessary inconvenience to your own clients who trades only with Zerodha and want to take little long break (or have different trading style like Monoj). You must think of them too. :)
Zerodha is cleaver, we expect they will find a good solution using terminal log.

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.

Last edited:
Firstly it is tough to determine what is a technical issue and who is responsible for this. So if you pass the buck to the brokerage, he might pass it onto the leased line guys,and so on.. Also what happens when there is a profit made because of any such technical issue?

The rule says that brokerages have to cover (not just in India, but any exchange around the world) if he has made any gain out of the error. So yeah the only thing a brokerage is liable to pay back in case of an error human or technical is if the brokerage made any gain out of it (basically the brokerage).

We at Zerodha, if there is a human error which is completely because of our dealer do reimburse as a goodwill, but we don't have to do it by law. Traders have to account for this risk while trading/investing in the markets. Technical risk at the brokerage, your internet, exchanges, wherever. You can look at so many incidents at the exchange level also which was never compensated.
Human error like say on call and trade, your operator punches a wrong order inspite of client giving correct instuctions , you are bound by law to compensate the client. I have recovered such loss from Sharek*** few years back after fighting for 6 months as the taped conversation with their dealer proved that I told then to sell my long position and asked them 3 times to make sure they have understood the order...they confirmed that they are selling...and actual contract showed they bought instead of selling...

But if the loss is due to server hanging, line failing etc brokers are not required to compensate...as it is written in risk disclosure document.

Smart_trade

Smart_trade

kiran_thiru

@ zerodha,
as small learning trader. i took trades only on capital of Rs.2000. so i generate brokerage from 30 to 50 on daily basis. if i got zerodha challenge, and may be i win, then you have no brokerage from me. how can this situation considered?

i think this is a silly question. but if i not reached brokerage that month, is there any penalty charges?

another, if an active trader stops trading for a month as his personal problems, or he did not reached your brokerage target, how is you took that situation?
not get answer from zerodha. posted my query @ 26/8. i think you missed it.