Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Re: Zeroda's long time stance:"Why should U pay in advance & then force urself to tra

I just want to remember, following is Zerodha's long time stance. Every time they say this..

"We believe that we should never charge advance brokerage. You should use our services and then pay us a very nominal fee...
This is the only way you and I both will benefit....
Why should you pay in advance and then force yourself to trade?
On the other hand, if you have traded, you don't mind paying a small Rs. 20. " :thumb:

- Zerodha.

No need to charge stance & charge advance payment for PI & force old clients to trade more. :)
So, easiest option for Zerodha, within previous stance is they can increase brokerage little more.
If PI is good enough, we can give you Rs 25 easily instead of Rs 20 which is 25% increment. A fair deal. :clapping:

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.
The customers may not see an increase of 25% as attractive. Quite a few may decide to continue with whatever their present solution for charting, and move over to other discount brokers, like the ones offering Rs. 15 or Rs. 9 or Rs. 1 per trade or something of offering fixed monthly fees. Zerodha will have to factor in how many traders will really opt for higher brokerage.

It's all in future anyway. Let's see what they come up with.

For what it's worth - I would be shocked if Zerodha does charge anything for Pi. I personally don't really care - I use Reuters Xenith/Metastock and won't be shifting out because I get plenty of other stuff which Pi won't be able to give me. But yea - I'd rather execute using Pi than this dodgy Nest stuff - which isn't always reliable. Zerodha's model is closer to IB and they provide a lovely platform and a reasonable deal. If Zerodha wants to make an executing software chargeable, I'll be off to enjoy IB's services and I'm sure I won't be alone. I think Nithin's a smart, long-term vision kinda guy - so I'd place a wager on Zerodha not increasing charges.

Jai Mata Di

Re: Zeroda's long time stance:"Why should U pay in advance & then force urself to tra

The customers may not see an increase of 25% as attractive. Quite a few may decide to continue with whatever their present solution for charting, and move over to other discount brokers, like the ones offering Rs. 15 or Rs. 9 or Rs. 1 per trade or something of offering fixed monthly fees. Zerodha will have to factor in how many traders will really opt for higher brokerage.

It's all in future anyway. Let's see what they come up with.

Probably you are right. But, as long as 60 challenge & brokerage return scheme is going on, they can charge higher brokerage [IMO]... ;) :p
Also they can refund 50% brokerage for winners take rest for cost of PI. :D
Anyway we want flexible option, no advance payment and less over head cost on traders when they clearly said they will charge for PI.:eek:
Lets hope for the best.

Happy Trading.

H.C.

sirs u r providing nestplus what are the service provided under that.can u please enlighten me please. and i am told u r launching ur own trading software does it have charting facilities

Last edited:
Zerodha has not spoken anything on charging for the new software...but we are discussing it before we come to know what zerodha has in mind...let us see the software...let us see what charges if any and then we take a call....my guess is Zerodha will not charge for the software.

But 60 days challenge Zerodha must continue in future....by populist demands...:)

Smart_trade

Zerodha

So we had like this crazy anniversary party over the weekend, everyone recouping from the after effects.. ;)..

We are not looking at charging anything for Pi atleast for now, but we cannot let what happened say with a trade tiger (use charting somewhere and trade somewhere else). So as long as someone is active with us, this will be free..