Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha,

If suppose I have Rs.1 lac worth equity. If I sell it, and utilize the amount for trading in F&O on the same day itself, what are the charges/penalties? And also, who pockets this penalty amount, the broker or clearing member or the exchange?

TracerBullet

Re: Introduce a 'trigger order with maximum slippage' in quick order

Hi, Zerodha,
Here is a very good idea for PI for simple quick order (like on PI charts buy here/sell here).
Introduce a trigger order with maximum slippage point where max slippage settings can be default like 2 or 3 point (we can set default point manually).

For example when nifty future LTP is at 7925, if we put a quick trigger SELL order at resistance 7940 (trigger) with default slippage 3 point, then it will be a SL LIMIT SELL order at 7937 with trigger 7940. Big advantage of such order is if nifty fall very quickly after touching resistance 7940 then normal current limit order will be a pending order but such trigger with slippage will execute easily as actually sell price it is below 3 point. :)
Zerodha can introduce such SL LIMIT SELL order inside quick order on charts indirectly using 'TRIGGER with max slippage' order. Implementation is very simple(quick order on charts) but this can be a great help for traders.

Best Wishes.
Happy Trading.

H.C.
yes this is perfect.

I don't get it why you guys are talking about charges for Pi? Why do we(traders) have to pay for basic things that are essential to trade? If Zerodha also start charging us for the new platform then how they are here to change the current scenario?

I am not saying that they should give us everything for free but instead they can let us use basic things for free and only charge for premium/extra stuff.

megapixel

Zerodha ,

Is it possible to place GTC / VTD / GTD order for Stocks ?

want this facility in online version. Sharekhan has MyGTC order for Equities.

How ?

Last edited:

megapixel

Zerodha is going to kill other broker's business :)

after PI ... other brokers will find hard to get a berth in the competition ....zerodha miles ahead of them.

Zerodha should now concentrate on building world class back-office .... others are miles ahead of zerodha in terms of back office :)

two things that require immediate attention ..

(a) real time rate integration in back-office
(b) analytics part in back-office

Hope zerodha will put an end to this issue.

Thanks for all of your hard work

I don't get it why you guys are talking about charges for Pi? Why do we(traders) have to pay for basic things that are essential to trade? If Zerodha also start charging us for the new platform then how they are here to change the current scenario?

I am not saying that they should give us everything for free but instead they can let us use basic things for free and only charge for premium/extra stuff.
i also agree with this statement even tradetiger also provide similar kind of platform . and they are not charging from old customer i used their chart earlier.even intractive broker dont charge..and they provide plugin to amibroker..

manojborle

Yes, But check IB's transaction charges..we will all faint. So, every business has some chargeable feature that attracts the customers. Zerodha already doing 20Rs trades with lowest trx charges on the industry and now, we want free software(or close to free).

God bless them for this innovation. All big brokers have no chance now and discount brokers have already spent a sleepless night yesterday(after this announcement).

Having said all this, they should have a real robust server without any disconnection in vending data during market hours(extremely important - more than the charges and all fancy features). So, we are all in 'hurry up and wait' mode. Lets see how it unfolds.

Is the charges too much ?

i also agree with this statement even tradetiger also provide similar kind of platform . and they are not charging from old customer i used their chart earlier.even intractive broker dont charge..and they provide plugin to amibroker..
Are you sure of this? I had requested that some provision be made for an Amibroker feed but some members said it is not possible as they are not data vendors.
A plugin for Amibroker is also fine.