Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

manishchan

@ Zerodha : Today your brokerage calculator was showing 1 point of breakeven for NIFTY Futures at 7900. Do you hv plans to further reduce the charges or it was just some glitch coz not its back to the usual BE point. ? :)

The person getting the highest points at the end of the week will get Rs 1lk.

All points earned everyday will get added up. Getting the target right is not very tough now, it is a 5 point range up and down, that basically means 10 points..
I don't know what is your budget for this scheme, but I have the following proposals to encourage skill, as well as mass participation, so that everyone is a winner. (Note : The prize money can be variable depending on your budget). The purpose is not only to encourage skill, but also ensure continuous participation by reducing/removing heartburn to those who are close to the winner.

1) Daily : Rs. 5000 prize for every person who gets 20000 pts.

2) Weekly : 5 prizes (daily winner are eligible)
First prize = 1 x 40000
Second prize = 2 x 20000
Third prize = 2 x 10000

That will take care of the top 5, and not cause much heartburn because most probably the top 20 would've already received some daily prize.

3) Monthly : (the winners of 1 and 2 don't qualify) Consolation prize of Rs. 500 for the top 200 (or whatever).

I repeat, the figures are variable depending on your budget and inclination. But it will open a big playing field for all sorts of skill levels as well as those who make their prediction around 3pm - they will continue to do so in the hope of qualifying for the monthly prize.

Zerodha

Hey guys. Anything further on this?
Any idea when we might go live? Are we now talking weeks or months?
Also. Can you guys give us some sense of what will be new in the new platform?

Cheers.
You wouldn't even want to know how frustrating it is for us to have something and not give it out to all of you, but unfortunately exchanges are our maai baap , :) we are not allowed to do anything without their blessings.

We are planning to put up a small video on how it works by this weekend when we are all celebrating the 4th anniversary party in Bengaluru..

Zerodha

I don't know what is your budget for this scheme, but I have the following proposals to encourage skill, as well as mass participation, so that everyone is a winner. (Note : The prize money can be variable depending on your budget). The purpose is not only to encourage skill, but also ensure continuous participation by reducing/removing heartburn to those who are close to the winner.

1) Daily : Rs. 5000 prize for every person who gets 20000 pts.

2) Weekly : 5 prizes (daily winner are eligible)
First prize = 1 x 40000
Second prize = 2 x 20000
Third prize = 2 x 10000

That will take care of the top 5, and not cause much heartburn because most probably the top 20 would've already received some daily prize.

3) Monthly : (the winners of 1 and 2 don't qualify) Consolation prize of Rs. 500 for the top 200 (or whatever).

I repeat, the figures are variable depending on your budget and inclination. But it will open a big playing field for all sorts of skill levels as well as those who make their prediction around 3pm - they will continue to do so in the hope of qualifying for the monthly prize.
Budget is 1lk/week for now, until we are able to rope in some sponsors for this and the all time leaderboard.

The question here is, do you give out 5 to 10k among 20 guys or give all the 1lk to the person who wins.

5 to 10k is not something that people will strive to earn, but Rs 1lk is. Rs 1lk could be the trading capital that someone who has blown up an account is looking at restart his trading. The 5 to 10k even if made, people will forget about it soon..

But that said, we are for now looking at a sponsor who can come in and give consolation prizes to all the ones on the top on the weekly and all time leaderboards.

Budget is 1lk/week for now, until we are able to rope in some sponsors for this and the all time leaderboard.

The question here is, do you give out 5 to 10k among 20 guys or give all the 1lk to the person who wins.

5 to 10k is not something that people will strive to earn, but Rs 1lk is. Rs 1lk could be the trading capital that someone who has blown up an account is looking at restart his trading. The 5 to 10k even if made, people will forget about it soon..

But that said, we are for now looking at a sponsor who can come in and give consolation prizes to all the ones on the top on the weekly and all time leaderboards.
If someone has blown up 1 lakh, they may not be the ones winning this challenge. The good ones realize that the centuries are made by singles and doubles, with maybe an occasional boundary. I think that you will find sustained interest with a combination participants interested in testing their predictive skills and the potluck believers. Hence the need to spread it out too.

1 lakh is a big bang announcement, true. But I think that the larger population needs to be catered to too. Otherwise, as with share markets, it may get a tag of 99.999% losers :)

LivetoTrade

You wouldn't even want to know how frustrating it is for us to have something and not give it out to all of you, but unfortunately exchanges are our maai baap , :) we are not allowed to do anything without their blessings.

We are planning to put up a small video on how it works by this weekend when we are all celebrating the 4th anniversary party in Bengaluru..
Hope you have included charts for Nifty Spot also :thumb:

Trader J

If someone has blown up 1 lakh, they may not be the ones winning this challenge. The good ones realize that the centuries are made by singles and doubles, with maybe an occasional boundary. I think that you will find sustained interest with a combination participants interested in testing their predictive skills and the potluck believers. Hence the need to spread it out too.

1 lakh is a big bang announcement, true. But I think that the larger population needs to be catered to too. Otherwise, as with share markets, it may get a tag of 99.999% losers :)
I would like to share my personal view on Game of Prediction in Crown-in that no one (Trader) can earn money by just predicting the market. As per my experience trader may lost only if they have any prediction in there mind. So, if you are real money trader than just avoid it, trading only be success if some one follow some trigger for market direction.

Many person in Tradreji predicting the market every day even they following same thread but different prediction by each one, and they change many time there prediction on market direction.

Crowd-in is for just new trader but also teaching wrong habit only, its my personal view.