Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Trader J

thanks.

Different question - market vs limit orders - which takes priority in NSE/BSE/MCX.
I thought limit will take priority to increase exchange volumes but recently i read some article that said Market takes priority ( not india related )
NSE article here didnt seem to clarify it.
If you want to trade technical than every trade should has some entry and exist with some margin points. If you want to trade blind than its OK that you should enter and exist immediately.

Market Vs limit--Market order will execute @ best offer or bidder price, limit order will put you in Q behind the best offer or bidder price.

bpr

What i meant was which of these would have lowest expense ( brokerage + taxes + slippage )
Zerodha said USDINR has no STT. Currently Nifty Fut i think has 30-40 STT out of total ~100 cost. No STT would be very nice for Nifty :)

My current plan is to start with equity stock with small qty and scaling up before moving to its Fut or to Nifty.
Is USDINR (or anything else ) worth consideration over it due to apparently lower costs ( seems 2-3 pips for 10+ lots )

I know that all of these are good enough to trade if you are good enough but if i am going to start with something i might as well start with one with least barrier to breakeven.

thanks
yes I just checked USDINR looks really nice.

Earlier the CRUDEOIL was the best instrument but after the introduction of CTT looks like USDINR is the best instrument for day trading.

The movement might be small but due to less margin you can take much more position size to compensate.

Stop/limit orders? I didn't get it, isn't that already available?

http://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradez...oftware-version/stop-loss-orders-limit-market

Are you talking about some other order types?
To summarize order types,

•Buy Limit — trade request to buy at the Ask price that is equal to or lower than that specified in the order. The current price level is higher than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having fallen to a certain level, will increase;

•Buy Stop — trade request to buy at the Ask price that is equal to or higher than that specified in the order. The current price level is lower than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having reached a certain level, will keep on increasing;

•Sell Limit — trade request to sell at the Bid price that is equal to or higher than that specified in the order. The current price level is lower than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having increased to a certain level, will fall;

•Sell Stop — trade request to sell at the Bid price that is equal to or lower than that specified in the order. The current price level is higher than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having reached a certain level, will keep on falling;

•Buy Stop Limit — this type is the combination of the two first types being a stop order for placing Buy Limit. As soon as the future Ask price reaches the stop-level indicated in the order (the Price field), a Buy Limit order will be placed at the level, specified in Stop Limit price field. The stop-level is set above the current Ask price, and the Stop Limit price is set below the stop-level.

•Sell Stop Limit — this type is a stop order for placing Sell Limit. As soon as the future Bid price reaches the stop-level indicated in the order (the Price field), a Sell Limit order will be placed at the level, specified in Stop Limit price field. The stop-level is set below the current Bid price, and the Stop Limit price is set above the stop-level.

Let us know which ones are currently supported by NEST and which ones are not , if not then why?

TracerBullet

Market Vs limit--Market order will execute @ best offer or bidder price, limit order will put you in Q behind the best offer or bidder price.
Are market and limit orders in same queue in FIFO? i guess not.

If a market order and a limit order are both eligible for match, then which one takes priority? It makes sense to match the limit order as market will take any price and so exchange can increase their volumes.

If true, This implies that limit orders will have lower slippage as long as they are executed. ( Note i am talking about slippage when both have match and not when limit does not have match ). I read in few articles opposite of this so wanted to confirm.

Edit - Example - say Qty 1
Scrip X - A) Ask @ 100 B) Ask@ 101

1) Market Buy - @100 Timestamp 10:20:00
2) Limit Buy - Limit 100 Timestamp 10:20:00

Will 2 match A so that 1 can also match B. Will it be same even if say it has later timestamp 10:20:01

•Buy Limit — trade request to buy at the Ask price that is equal to or lower than that specified in the order. The current price level is higher than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having fallen to a certain level, will increase;

•Buy Stop — trade request to buy at the Ask price that is equal to or higher than that specified in the order. The current price level is lower than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having reached a certain level, will keep on increasing;

•Sell Limit — trade request to sell at the Bid price that is equal to or higher than that specified in the order. The current price level is lower than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having increased to a certain level, will fall;

•Sell Stop — trade request to sell at the Bid price that is equal to or lower than that specified in the order. The current price level is higher than the value in the order. Usually this order is placed in anticipation of that the security price, having reached a certain level, will keep on falling;

•Buy Stop Limit — this type is the combination of the two first types being a stop order for placing Buy Limit. As soon as the future Ask price reaches the stop-level indicated in the order (the Price field), a Buy Limit order will be placed at the level, specified in Stop Limit price field. The stop-level is set above the current Ask price, and the Stop Limit price is set below the stop-level.

•Sell Stop Limit — this type is a stop order for placing Sell Limit. As soon as the future Bid price reaches the stop-level indicated in the order (the Price field), a Sell Limit order will be placed at the level, specified in Stop Limit price field. The stop-level is set below the current Bid price, and the Stop Limit price is set above the stop-level.

Let us know which ones are currently supported by NEST and which ones are not , if not then why?
Dont we have SL-M and SL (with Limit) ? stop-loss-orders-limit-market

Last edited:

bpr

All of the above orders are supported by nest.
SL-M orders not enabled by default you can ask to get it enabled.

But zerodha should enable STOP orders entry for BO orders that is pending.

Last edited:

Snake.Head

@zeordha
What is status on new trading software ?

Few suggestion
1) On chart have Visual mark up order [Check below image] this far important feature

2) Pre-define order value...so that it can save time while placing order.

3) Go one step ahead basic trading platform with good chart system then providing complete package with back-testing and system feature..it much more easier get approvals from sebi one by one.

Zerodha

Oh really! then why does my order get executed at market price immedietly when i place a limit order which is supposed to be a PENDING order.

I always have to place a Stop loss order EVERYTIME.
There must be some confusion throwaway, if you PM me your ID can explain you how to place all the orders.. If I am not wrong in understanding, whatever you are asking for is already present...

There must be some confusion throwaway, if you PM me your ID can explain you how to place all the orders.. If I am not wrong in understanding, whatever you are asking for is already present...
dear Zerodha
everyone wants trigger based entry in bracket order so they place and relax but you are providing market order only .
please add sl-l entry order in bracket order. SHAREKHAN bracket order has this facility
why you are not providing it