Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

I would like to chip in here. Note i do not work for Zerodha or any firm here before i make below points.

Zerodha started in somewhere around 2010 and they will take their time to build from ground up . you cannot compare sharekhan to Zerodha. Sharekhan started in 2000, they have a lead of over 10 years , so obviously they have to give out better services and products if they are are survive in this business.

I say let Zerodha take their time when it comes to software & technology. coming a software background, i can tell you this time to market is complete bullshit , it is short term thinking and will only cause customer dissatisfaction in the long run.

Like me many are doing their business with Zerodha so we expect them to do better , but doing better does not mean coming out hastily with crappy product and services.So let Zerodha take their time to come out with solid products, as it takes time as per their capabilities and resources, they know best. I have been on the both sides of the software industry , so i know when a customer is wrong and when he is right.

Zerodha has just started the brokerage business , they will need to improve a lot on the technology front. Not an easy task if you are new. There are certainly areas where they need to improve and focus on like customer services and technology ,since these two will be the key drivers for their business going forward.

So hopefully, we will see some good reliable products and better service in the coming years.....
Exactly .... you got my point that's why I said that - Zerodha has created a niche in the market.
My only concern with them is that they announce too early raising customer expectations and backtracks when questions being asked. We all learn from good/bad things and that's the reason why I compared Sharkhan BO with Zerodha to give them a reference point.
I am trading with Sharekhan and Zerodha both but till date have not seen Sharekhan being a big mouth about their BO, though they too have made major changes in the recent past.
And like I said we have big hopes from Zerodha that they will come-up with something 'user friendly' soon :)

Snake.Head

To all people Who don't like new Back office Simple use old one.
[It is not like they are twisting your arm and forcing you to use new beta]
For Trade platform they required lot of authorization...Plus Beta testing it or ppl start shouting

@Zerodha
Where to report bug ?[Nest]
Bring Price ladder in your trading software

Zerodha

Had a question for all of you, will help us quite a bit if you can give feedback.

1. You have bought stocks on 1st May, 10 shares of Reliance at Rs 1000

You sell these 10 shares at Rs 1100 on June 10th.

You are searching for your profitability from 1st June(price on 1st june is Rs 1050) to july 1st.

So in the profitability, do you want to see the profits based on purchasing price or based on price of 1st June?

2. Similar question with futures?

3. Similar with options?

arcus

Because we are talking of profitability from June 1 to July 1; It should be on the basis of the price as on 1st June. Same for Futures, Options.

The remaining profitability can be shown in the column from May 1 to June 1.

Had a question for all of you, will help us quite a bit if you can give feedback.

You are searching for your profitability from 1st June(price on 1st june is Rs 1050) to july 1st.

So in the profitability, do you want to see the profits based on purchasing price or based on price of 1st June?

3. Similar with options?
Purchase price is the actual metric that is going to matter when I ask for a payout, right?

So, purchase price it should be from my perspetive.

Plus a lot of misunderstandings will be created, as people will make mistakes in selecting the " from " date, and you will have to set up a seperate call centre attending thousands of calls trying to explain why they cant get a payout of " x " amount :)

Only very very few professional traders will need the report based on " from x date " to " y date" while they may be measuring their performance for a particular period.

3. Similar with options?
1 In profitability I want to know how much I make /loose from my purchase price. Price on 1st June or any other date is immaterial for us.

2&3 same for futures and options but in futures as the price is marked to market every day, you can give a choice a) from the purchase price or b) From mark up price of any particular date.

Smart_trade

zerodha do take time but kindly provide a solition
I want to trade from mobile from office but you mobile / web based does not have streaming candlechart. I waited for a couple of years for some software from you but nothing is in
sight. Windows tablet with 6 or 7 is still not available in india. any amdroid charting with real time streaming