Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Zerodha,

I was analyzing my 60 day challenge for past few months and what i found was brokerage is small. Taxes and turnover charges are more.

I did win the brokerage ,but it doesn't help much. Is there a way to reduce the taxes and turnover charges.

you can keep the brokerage, but do something to reduce the taxes and turnover charges.May be get all other brokers and request the govt to bring down the taxes for trades. It's simply a huge amount and after all this i still will have to pay income taxes.

About turnover charges, i have no idea. If you can do something here, would be great.

Now if you can somehow do something to bring down taxes and turnover charges, you can increase your brokerage to by 50%. I don't mind paying an increase in brokerage for the cost of bringing down taxes & turnover charges.

I m sure even you are getting hurt on the taxes and many others here. so please as a community of traders and brokers, I think we really have to voice this concern to the govt.
The brokers forum has been constantly fighting to have the STT reduced over the last few years.. As a brokerage we collect much more STT than what we collect as brokerage..

But I guess our govt has gotten used to the easy Rs 4000 crores it collects every year from equity markets.. For our markets to develop and get a lot more liquidity, this tax would have to go, hopefully it happens sooner than later...

Long term capital gain tax would be introduced though, if STT has to go..

madank

Market participant
The brokers forum has been constantly fighting to have the STT reduced over the last few years.. As a brokerage we collect much more STT than what we collect as brokerage..

But I guess our govt has gotten used to the easy Rs 4000 crores it collects every year from equity markets.. For our markets to develop and get a lot more liquidity, this tax would have to go, hopefully it happens sooner than later...

Long term capital gain tax would be introduced though, if STT has to go..
NFO traders would love to see the death of STT. It would reduce the bottomline cost and icing on the cake would be 'more liquidity'.

Hope the new govt. in 2014 does something about it.

Hi Guyzzz and Fellow ZERODHA Traders,

Today i learnt something new after checking my account statement ,..

ZERODHA charges Rs 22.47 per trade which is placed by Phone Trade.

After 2 calls placed via PHONE .. they charge me Rs 44.47 which is more than the brokerage charged per trade.

I think this is very unfair . When the servers r down . the Only option to place calls via phone.... and charges for that is very Unfair.

ZERODHA plz look into these charges.. can they be reduced or waived off..

PHONE TRADING IS VERY MUCH A BASIC OPTION OF ANY RETAIL CLIENT.

WAITING FOR UR ANSWER ZERODHA..

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Manoj

columbus

Hi Zerodha,

I see that the Price ladder tool has been disabled from ZT, can i know whats the reason for that and can we expect that to be enabled in future?

PRICE LADDER is a very innovative tool.I place orders through it.Long back I asked
ZERODHA ,about it.It seems some modifications is taking place.I disparately want it.

hello zerodha
you have not supplied me the CM BP Id(8-digit) on my client master sheet. But it is utmost essential to register with speed-e services provided by NSDL. How can I get the authentication paper from you ? What are the merits and demerits and associated charges which are applicable by you for using "speed-e" ?

Last edited: