Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha,
Your stamp charges (0.01%) is for total transaction?please explain for 1 lot crude trade how much stamp charges(give calculation) you charge?....
0.01% with a maximum of Rs 50 per contract note. So if you buy and sell 1 lot of crude you would have done a turnover of around 7 lks, so Rs 7, but the entire contract note will have a max cap of Rs 50 per day.

Zerodha

zerodha
i want to refer my friend for equity and commodity trading , in the refer a client section of the backoffice , shall i enter the

name and phone and e-mail of the friend in the equity and commodity section or any one?
If you think he is going to open both the accounts, enter it in both..

VJAY

0.01% with a maximum of Rs 50 per contract note. So if you buy and sell 1 lot of crude you would have done a turnover of around 7 lks, so Rs 7, but the entire contract note will have a max cap of Rs 50 per day.
So if I traded 1 lot only today then its Rs-50? or only 7? ..hope its Rs-7 :)

VJAY

Oops, my bad, 0.01% of 1lk is Rs 10, So if you trade for anything more than Rs 5lks it will be Rs 50..

disregard my earlier post...
any change for other states...like kerala?

XUV-500

Zerodha/Sachin....

If i trade Eqity may t be intraday/positional , Brokearge will be charged lower of 20 or calcualted brokerage value.

For futures also it is 20 or 0.01%.

This means you care for Small as well as big traders.

Then why discrimination for small Option traders ? Even 1 lot trader and 200 lot trader has same brokerage. Why can't be there scheme for 'Lower of 2' ( the way you do for equity & futures).

For 1 lot trader like me your brokerage comes around 40+4.8 = 45 (approx).
My traditional broker 'happily' charges me 15 per side for 2 trades daily with 1 lot.

Please do something.Afaik, turnover of options is more than futures.So if you implement my suggestion your turnover is bound to increase.

For option traders who trade less than 5 lots ( and more than 1 lot) a time you are not competitive, as they will be tentatively charged 60+7=67. (20 for entry,20 for partial booking and 20 for final exit)
knock knock....
Queries prior and after my post are answered.
Either Mr Sachin absent and some other official addressed other queries
or
Zerodha wants to keep quiet.

VJAY

Oops, my bad, 0.01% of 1lk is Rs 10, So if you trade for anything more than Rs 5lks it will be Rs 50..

disregard my earlier post...
any change for other states...like kerala?
Dear zerodha,
Please recheck this statement....I think some wrong again....If ur statement is correct then I need 2.5 points for break even in crude...!!:confused:
When I traded(com) for 13L turover you charged stamp charge Rs-10.33...(its in feb)is now again you increased it or some thing doing hidden....:confused::confused::D

Zerodha

Zerodha/Sachin....

If i trade Eqity may t be intraday/positional , Brokearge will be charged lower of 20 or calcualted brokerage value.

For futures also it is 20 or 0.01%.

This means you care for Small as well as big traders.

Then why discrimination for small Option traders ? Even 1 lot trader and 200 lot trader has same brokerage. Why can't be there scheme for 'Lower of 2' ( the way you do for equity & futures).

For 1 lot trader like me your brokerage comes around 40+4.8 = 45 (approx).
My traditional broker 'happily' charges me 15 per side for 2 trades daily with 1 lot.

Please do something.Afaik, turnover of options is more than futures.So if you implement my suggestion your turnover is bound to increase.

For option traders who trade less than 5 lots ( and more than 1 lot) a time you are not competitive, as they will be tentatively charged 60+7=67. (20 for entry,20 for partial booking and 20 for final exit)
Guys we work at extremely thin margins and one of the reason we can stay efficient doing this is because we have 1 brokerage, 1 RMS, 1 uniform rule for everyone at Zerodha and we intend to keep it that way.

I know there are brokerages which are mixing up multiple pricing strategies to gain immediate traction, and what I can tell is these things could put pressure on the business as and when the business picks up.

Their is inflation in every business and in ours we have to go phew!! I remember when we started a tender coconut in Bangalore used to cost Rs 8, today it is Rs 20.... ;)..

Zerodha

Dear zerodha,
Please recheck this statement....I think some wrong again....If ur statement is correct then I need 2.5 points for break even in crude...!!:confused:
When I traded(com) for 13L turover you charged stamp charge Rs-10.33...(its in feb)is now again you increased it or some thing doing hidden....:confused::confused::D
For kerala it is Rs 100/crore so yes you are correct for 13lks turnover it is around Rs 10..

btw Rs 50 will be 0.5 points of crude and not 2.5 points.. But as I said the benefit karnataka clients get is that whatever the turnover it is max of Rs 50/contract note..

Cheers,